Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I would really expect any manufacturer to have storage for at least a years supply. I still have minor doubts that we will ever see those bikes. If SP expects Husky dealers to take Husabergs as a stop gap then he might not ever release any of those bikes. Many converted back to parts, destroy what doesn't have an immediate home. It is all about making a demand for new Huskies and then introducing re-badged Husabergs present and future. You don't create a demand for new bikes by flooding a market with the old bikes that are very good. He has nothing invested in those bikes. I hope they are available and there are a couple of thousand 125's. I might buy two.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The hysteria is already starting and i am getting lots of Emails from customers like this...

regarding A te511...

"Stabilizer is working great, I gave it a good workout on some rocky climbs. Just wondering if you had any inside info on the future of husqvarna. In my area they are selling new 2013 te449's for $5995.00 and it seems there just trying to dump them. I hope there not going to dump the 449/511 platform and leave us with the red headed step child. I have a buddy who wants to pick one up but he's afraid of buying something that might not have much support the near future. Any thoughts? Thanks again for a quality product and great customer support."
  3. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have stayed away from this as there has been little facts , but if there are 11 to 12,000 bikes in storage thats a good years worth ?

Where are they all ? What models / years ? Why build them ? So many unanswered questions !

I think there will be nothing new for 2014 (hence dealers offered Husaberg) and 2015 will see Red KTM / Bergs with only the Husky name in common with what we have now ! Very, very sad IMHO.

I think nothing good will come from this, for us the Husky Rider it is a bad time !
  4. mrblah Husqvarna
    A Class

just look at what the big discount was on, and guess what the warehouse has
  5. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

No discounts been advertised here (yet !). I keep reading the US Warehouse is almost empty ? Makes little sense !
  6. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000

Correct assessment. Stop production for a year, pay everyone off at the factory and close the doors, clear the backlog of bikes in the warehouse, keep dealers interested by being told o push Husabergs and clear the backlog. Then take the rest of the year to sort out marketing plans and future direction and rebuild the brand in the image of KTM. The end of an era is unfolding before us.
  7. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Yeah, I know. Sucks, doesn't it? Huskysport had a half price sale on all genuine parts at the end of last year - they must have known that something was coming, because in thirty years I've never known a dealer (and Huskysport are more than just a dealer - they are Husky in the UK) do that.

I wonder how many of those 11,000 surplus bikes are 250 / 300 strokers? I bet none of them make it out of the warehouses in one piece 'cos they would eat the Katooms for breakfast.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  8. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wow. All this drama playing over and over and yes of course I am part of it. A headache from all this crap. I hope they are not killing a cub like was talked about.......................... I'm not even sure What the hec is happening anymore. Again from a business standpoint if I were Ski Doo and bought Artic Cat I would most certainly shut them down. Gone? Reborn? Cloned? A new Cagiva who the heck knows but this is the worst roller coaster ride I have ever seen. It makes no sense to clone a KTM into a Husqvarna. They are not even similar bikes. My god it may only be 5 PM but I think I will start drinking. Some wheres I can only imagine there are some Italians contemplating suicide or something bad I'am not sure which. Sadly this all goes back to planning. If you told me twenty years ago KTM would own Husqvarna someday I would have punched you straight in the face without hesitation (then picked you up and offered you a beer!) now I am sick to the stomach......................
    Blazes likes this.
  9. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Saw two at that price. One was on hold with down payment and the other should be sold after the crowd around mine at the trail head this past weekend.
  10. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I want to stay hopeful for Husqvarna. It is getting difficult with the recent actual news of the factory shutting down...for how long?

I was on my TE 630 yesterday at a stop light and a truck with a new orange bike in the back drove through the intersection. Right then I had a crappy feeling come over me like the guy was thinking HA! you may be on a better bike but my brand owns your ass now, get used to it. I then understood fleshman45 fully.

God I hope Husqvarna lives on as it's own brand!
    fletchman45 likes this.
  11. Chaz955i Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 125xc
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple
    I doubt many Lamborghini owners worried that Dodge Omni owners somehow felt superior when Chrysler owned Lamborghini. Don't wrap your self esteem in the brand of bike you own. Nobody cares, really. Dont let this nonsense stop you from enjoying the cool bike you have.
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Chaz says it right. What you are driving is better then and not affiliated with the SP buyout. There seems to be a differences in some opinions and warranted. The above comparison is not quite the same. And again Husqvarna and Cagiva were NEVER ARCH RIVAL"S where as both KTM and Husqvarna have ALWAYS competed against one another and in this case unfortunately the one who should have lost won. They have always been arch rivals. Lets all be patient and see what happens. If it all fails and they do not let Husky continue as is. The good thing is I can buy a new Husky 144 and grab 1 piston kit and one crank kit and lets see. Thats 10 years worth of hard pounding worth equivalent to a KTM smallbores 4 clutch sets, 3 cylinders, 6 piston(S) ring set,3 crank bearing sets. ETC................ So yes ride your bike with pride. Maybe a snicker or to. Knowing you have a superior bike and in a world of term oil and questionable economy :censored: happens and sometimes what should come out on top doesn't. Yes so enjoy the COOL:cool: bike you have
    Blazes likes this.
  13. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300
    The high pressure fuel pump would have to run of the crankshaft.
  14. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Just keep the parts rollin in for ten years more...
    maxyb likes this.
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not to stir the pot but all this talk about rebadged somethings in red and white.....who says they will be red and white?
    Coffee and water racer like this.
  16. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Anything but refrigerator white.
  17. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

i found this in another threat, but since that one's closed, i'll comment here:
    in my humble opinion, it is about time that the husky enthusiasts realize that they can actually have a lot of influence on the husky future. after all, you are the customers, you pay for everything! you are husqvarna! without you guys, there's nothing.

i see the husky enthusiasts as the strongest fanbase in the dirtbike world. if you guys speak out, pierer has to listen. he's surely not willing to give up the fanbase that bought 11000 bikes last year, and try to find 11000+ new customers instead.

one comment about the closure of the italian husky factory/company really caught my attention, speaking about "drama" from husky employees and their workers unions. of course it's "drama", those people are fighting for their jobs and reputation and heritage. only a few years after bmw, the next gang of "conquistadors" are walking the sacred grounds, telling them "inferior savages" how to do a proper job. fact is that "italian husky" won a lot of championships in the past 25 years, and did a great job even when times were hard. so yes, they have every right to fight being no "collateral damage" in a company takeover. after all, they are husqvarna!

"husqvarna" is not about some image shaped by some marketing guys. it's about the people who build these great bikes, and the people who enjoy these great bikes. without those people, husqvarna is nothing but a logo.

r
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    A full 3/4 of Husqvarna's World Championships were won by Italian Huskys, not Swedish ones.....
    surfer1100, 4eyes and typeone like this.
  19. rxcrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    If they were operating that way, it would explain one way they were losing money. You can't sit on that much finished goods inventory.

I'd like to hear someone from the other side of the pond chime in with what discounts and availability are like in Europe. If BMW screwed up their forecasting, it is possible that there truly are 11000 units in a warehouse that are all Euro spec and can't be imported to the USA, hence the lack of availability here.
  20. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Here's the UK's Huskysport "new bikes for sale" page:

http://www.huskysport.co.uk/husqvarna-Locator-new.aspx

Last week they were having a £500 off promo (which is about $763), but now I see they've upped the discount to around 20 -26%. I haven't checked all 24 bikes in the current lineup and a few are previous year's models, but it looks like there's a big discount on everything - road and dirt.

When discounts get to us here in "rip off Britain" then you know something's happening.^

*Edit: btw, that's not a dig at Huskysport - they are top people. It's just that if something's cheap in the UK then it's usually either stolen or about to catch fire.