Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am still not sure WTF is going on and even more confused. Just read and article in and Italy newspaper about the factory being shut down for?????????????????????http://www3.varesenews.it/english/fiom-from-august-husqvarna-will-block-production--260802.html Kill a cub, res erect, when you figure it all out let me know will ya ! I will not even think about a rebadged KTM/Husqvarna I wouldn't think a smart guy would do that. But if for some God for saken reason it happens and you buy one I'm sorry but shame on you........................... BMW bought at the wrong time HIGH and KTM bought at the right time LOW Still curious if they were worried about that cub becoming a bear in 5-10 years. Ha if KTM was smart they would throw away ALL of their engines and use engines that are actually built well and tough!!! HUSQVARNA!!
  2. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Who needs facts? Let's burn some witches!
  3. pentonpro Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    home
    Other Motorcycles:
    72 Suzuki gt 750 lemans
    nothing like a good laugh before bed. I am about to buy my 1st Husky, I hope its not my last.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  4. 4eyes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R5
    This wouldn't be the first time that a labor union has "killed" a motorcycle manufacturer. And it's not the first time a new owner has played hardball with a union by closing a plant.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That is the entire point.

Put out enough conflicting press releases/interviews, which cause people to become upset, and the information passionate people type on the internet will deem those internet sites utterly useless and untrustworthy.

It is an interesting game that is being played at many levels. Time for me to shuffle the deck and deal out some cards.
  6. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Maybe this is the scenario:
    Workers furlowed and plant shut down for one year.
    Designers spend one year developing new bikes.
    Husabergs are rebadged as Husky's for 2014 in the meantime.
    2015 workers are called back and the all new Husqvarnas are built in the Varese plant.

Don't know if this is the plan, but you can just about come up with this based on bits and pieces in the interviews and press releases.
    fletchman45 and john01 like this.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  8. Howard V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650 klr250
    We can look at the facts and they MAY tell us the future

-Ktm needed Husaberg engine technology , Ktm doesn't Need Husky tech.
    -2011 manufacturing wages and benefits in US$ Sweden $49.12 Austria $43.16 Italy $36.17
    -Italy's economy is worsening, unemployment is more than double that of Austria. Pierer could ask for wage concessions.
    -There is a modern motorcycle production line ready to go when the new Huskybergs are designed and ready for production.
    MAYBEMAYBENOT
    4eyes likes this.
  9. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    The 2014 Tc250 was all ready to go into production revamped from ground up ,same with Xlite TC450 find it hard to believe their going to toss all that tooling etc in the garbage and rebadge something else.KTM doesnt need Huskys technology?,I think maybe just the op.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I agree with what BillF said :D.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    My Husky District Sales Manager said.... All new TC250 and TE/TXC250/310 for '14 and no 450 until '15. DI WR250/300 was put on hold, last Fall.
    BILLF likes this.
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

="Coffee, poser: 2"]That is the entire point.

Put out enough conflicting press releases/interviews, which cause people to become upset, and the information passionate people type on the internet will deem those internet sites utterly useless and untrustworthy.

It is an interesting game that is being played at many levels. Time for me to shuffle the deck and deal out some cards.[/quote]

Very interesting. The simple fact remains as everyone, including myself can speculate and try to form a hypothesis based on what we have at hand. However NO one and I mean NO one really knows whats up. We will have to wait and see and hope for the best!
    BILLF, DTX915 and Blazes like this.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Well I suppose in some ways I could be considered to be a poser... :D
    water racer likes this.
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is exactly what I like to see. While there are those who are very not positive, there are those who are very positive and I believe for good reason. Most of this makes sense. It would be VERY foolish to even dream you could clone a Husqvarna and sell it. And with the marginal results with the Husaberg this is already known. I do not know the details on the takeover(funny someone said blah blah blah it was not a takeover but the reading I have done uses my own term!(take over!) but it would also be very foolish if they acquired the rights to the new 4-stroke line and direct injection and toss it out. Shut down??? Yep get stuff in order, renegotiate salary. Happens all the time (lund was bought out and they told the employees, take a paycut or the doors will be closed. Of course they reluctantly took the pay cut. As I have stated from the Beginning. As much as I dislike (see how nice I can be!) KTM the fact is if all this is done right it will benefit everyone!! Including MR KTM himself!! (well except for the fact a good tuned Husqvarna will of course out run a good tuned KTM!)Keep your friends close and your enemy's even closer! And if they do keep Husaberg alive I firmly believe sales would be more if it were perhaps based on a Husky, dare I say clone!! I think it is time to crack a beer, relax and let this thing take it's course. Ok so a KTM fool may be able to josh with me down the road and claim Ha Ha Fletch my Orange Pumpkin eater owns yours. Pretty simple. Might be, but we will see on the trail !! To we have something concrete lets have this roller coaster die down a bit. If it gets real real bad I guess I havn't been to Italy since 1987!! But I am pretty sure I could take a military hop there!!:D
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OH I agree with ya! Congrats on your first Husqvarna! I hope it brings memory's for you as mine did!! And if I were a betting man. I certainly won't be your last !!
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds good, but Husaberg is doing better than you think.....
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

One thing is certain if I had to take a KTM or Husaberg(Remember this is if I were stuck on Gilligans Island for a long long time ) And Marian wasn't there! If I had to pick between the two. No prob Norm your Blue Clone bike wins!! Why? Well the wheels are blue it has a skid plate! And it is only $100 more then a KTM And looks well nicer! It's all good but lets do a quick reality check. The original Swedish Husqvarna guys are the ones that started the 4-stroke revolution and came out with a competitive high output 4-stroke. Yes I know many people were mad or upset about the buyout from Cagiva around 87 or whenever but the Italians did kind of keep it going in true Husqvarna fashion. And yes the old Husqvarna guys were drinking beer and didn't like the Italian thing (I understand we all have our pride!!!) And formed Husaberg! Well I am sorry but hey a rebadged Italian Husky would have a hec of a lot more in comman with the true Husaberg then a Rebadged KTM!! Ok Ok just trying to be funny. I like cloned Husabergs way more then KTM's LOL!!! Hey at least if you end up with a Huskyberg I would bet it has better power, handling and sex appeal!!! Don't take any of this personal please!! But most may be pretty accurate we shall see !Take with a grain of salt and sip some fine Italian wine! It's all good!
  18. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    If we don't hear a new rumor in the next 24 hours, then we had better start a new one.
    HuskyDude, 4eyes, oregonsage and 2 others like this.
  19. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
  20. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Iss wot I sed! P´s sold off his tacky orange brand to Baja and spent the cash on a REAL bike.
    4eyes likes this.