Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...plane tickets for 2 round trip to Milan/Malpensa airport from West Palm Beach,Florida...$995.00 :thinking:
  2. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    Plenty of comments on the 'This is Husqvarna" FB page....

"STEFAN - Where are you?"

[IMG]

From Varesse News...

As soon as they parked their Porsche Panamera in Piazza Monte Grappa, the two managers Ktm have been inundated with a barrage of whistles, applause and ironic slogans chanted by the workers Delepine. Kohlhuber and Brandtstatter (pictured left) did not expect an outcry so loud, made even heavier by a climate decidedly winter. And the more the two managers and their interpreter, an accountant from Alto Adige, trying to conceal the embarrassment for that situation, shaking his head and talking to each other, and the more the boos increased.Today, Monday, April 29, there will be the first meeting between the owners Delepine and trade unions Fim Fiom CGIL and CISL. The seat Univa will discuss the fate of fact, one of the most prestigious brands in the motorcycling world, that since 1999 produces motorcycles in the factories of Biandronno. The Pierer Industries, or Ktm, has decided to close the production of Husqvarna in the province of Varese and he did, according to the union, a way to say the least questionable. After you have purchased the company from BMW in March, after a month decided to close it, asking for extraordinary layoff of 212 workers. "A bad method - says Nino Cartosio Fiom CGIL - because KTM has sent out the procedure before making the deal. Usually you do the opposite. "
    Pierer Industries making a decision - legitimate and justified by the balance sheet data unexciting - without consulting anyone, has totally ignored a method called consultation in these parts in many years has given excellent results in industrial relations, so as to become the Varese area a species of national case. "This situation - says Franco Stasi, secretary of the CGIL of Varese - can be summed up in many others such as Sea Handling and Lepanto, who are stremando the area and will have a very high social cost because many of these workers will not be even considered esodati and after the extraordinary cash will no longer have parachutes. So you have to find an agreement that takes into account this situation, which, again, is very serious. "In the coming days are no other institutional steps: Tuesday, April 30 workers and unions will have a meeting with the mayor of Biadronno and May 2 with the president of the province Dario Galli, but the union also hopes into a concrete action of the Lombardy Region.
  3. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    ..Any one here work for an airline where we could get a group CH discount? Count me in!...I'll stand in the cold rain,blowing a whistle(don't know how to speak Italian) to help them out...[/quote]

[IMG]
    PBM457, guscycle and rasputin like this.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I dont know about other geographic areas, but in the Pacific NW pretty much every Husky sale is a KTM loss. I just came back from the China Hat ISDE. 90% of the 300 bikes in impound were KTMs, a few Hondas/Yamahas, a CCM, GG or two and about 10 Huskys.

If Huskys job in the SP plan is to fight the Japanese brands then that implies MX and trail bikes, not Off-road competition. What that means in other parts of the world, I dont know.
    surfer1100 likes this.
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

REPLY TO RASPUTIN}}}}} I certainly like your mob idea ! And I maybe should not have felt like I did in 1991 getting ready to celebrate the joyous end to KTM. But I did and can not change the way I felt. I agree with you to a point and certainly love a little spice in everything. But............... Orange spice I am very allergic to and it makes me puke But as far as the mob goes I am with ya!! And if there was a way to preorder and Italian 2014 Husky I would do it I am also with Chillybean I will NEVER ever buy a Husqvarna if it shares parts with a KTM except for maybe the brakes and footpegs! And I will leave knobby tire tracks across a cloned Husky with a Italian Husky if need be. Lets wait and see what happens
    guscycle likes this.
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

By the end of this you may all Hate or shall I say in a nicer term DISLIKE KTM jsut as bad as I do. Just for different reasons. How ironic..............:mad:
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

:cheers: I would have continued as a Husky dealer if it wasnt for BMG.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I don't hate any bikes. They are inanimate objects. I also find joy in riding about anything with a motor and 2 wheels. I don't understand hating a bike. I would own them all if I could. KTM builds a fine machine many love, nothing wrong with that in my book. I don't get it.
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Blah Blah Blaw Whatever dude. Your opinion. I respect it and still hate KTM. My right. End of discussion. You might like a orange carrot................. I did say dislike........
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    precisely. Feel free to hate way. :thumbsup:
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I refuse to play this childish game. I have no problem with your opinion and for sure respect it and understand it. There is a need for all different kinds of people in this world and I get it. I'm not hating at all. I ALWAYS state my opinion and do not sugar coat it. If I am building your $300,000.00 dream log house and you ask me if your dark nasty stain looks good. Well you get the truth in how I see it. No sugar coating and after you know me for awhile you will either positively like me or hate me. No in between. And doesn't matter much to me. But yes, I do still dislike KTM. I would need at least 8 pages to explain it all. And yes it goes way back and of course is part of the arch rival thing. As I was in 82nd Airborne and 1st Special Forces while in the army. There are needs for all kinds in different applications. Again don't take it to harshly if your riding a KTM and need water or anything I will help any fellow brother that has a passion for motorcycling !!! That really is the main thing. I get that you don't get it! No problem. I just hope those fine people that work at the factory still have jobs in the near future.
  12. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    I don't hate KTM as I raced a KTM MX 250 in 1988 and 1989 when you could not buy a Husky during the Cagiva takeover. They were good handling bikes but very fragile. I burned through 2 CDI/Digital Control units and SEM magnetos (Ouch - Big Bucks $$$ at the time) and they always leaked oil through their power valves and gaskets. I was left with the impression they were oily/dirty engines, overly complicated and difficult to maintain and keep running and on the track. Another annoyance was the multitude of different sized screws and nuts - I hated working on it. I missed the simplicity and reliability of the Swedish Husky, even the Cagiva Husky's were much easier to maintain than the KTMs. Whilst the new KTMs look to be great, I never considered owning one when I could buy a Husky instead. Boy, times have changed.

What SP must consider is that it takes years to build confidence, trust and loyalty in a brand - you can wreck it all in a heartbeat.
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I guess I've been assimilated, by the Borg, or the Berg.... My riding buddy (riding his '02 ex Steve Lamson FBF CR250) said after our ride yesterday, that I'm the fastest I've ever been, on my '12 Husaberg TE250. BTW... I rode a '13 Beta 300RR today. It's very nice, but it doesn't handle well enough to get me off the Husaberg or my '09 WB165 for that matter. Oh my... I've said it.
    Motosportz likes this.
  14. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    I

ts good to hear you like it. Being based on the KTM engine, how do you find the maintenance regime, in terms of wear & tear, maintenance schedules, parts pricing etc.
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    te
    Maintenance is no more than a Husky, parts prices are now on par with Husky, as BMW jacked the pricing in the last year here in the US. PDS bike was harder to set up, than a Husky... everything is critical. That said, I have it working well, without the infamous "KTM Kick".
  16. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

One thing is for certain. Before we all go to Italy can you please....................................The snow is melting!!! Time to get out and roost!!And think of positive stuff....
    Norman Foley likes this.
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm riding, racing and so positive it hurts!
    fletchman45 likes this.
  18. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    If any local husky dealer had any 125's I'd be picking one or two up for sure. Well I'll keep my cr 125 till it becomes clapped out beyond repair.
  19. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    Another +1 on that. I was unfortunate enough to have dealings directly with that douche. Really soiled me on the Husky name.

I like my 511 but every time I have to work on it I want to throttle the engineers who designed the thing. Most difficult machine to work on I have ever owned.
    ScottyR likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not a thing wrong with that Norm :thumbsup: Enjoy. Its all about the ride.