Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Haven´t gotta Honda. Just a UK CCM & an Italian Husky.
  2. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    The good old days....

Bart, MattR, huskybear and 6 others like this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    ya think?
    DTX915, Blair7 and robertaccio like this.
  4. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Wish they would have shown the guy that greases the bearings. At least then we could know who is responsible. The guy oiling the cams didn't seem to care about getting any oil on the bearing surface before installing them, and only put on a cursory drop before bolting them up.
    mnb and Blazes like this.
  5. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Think I even saw the lad who forgot to tighten the screws while fitting my ignition switch ....
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Thank you to Federica Artoni for putting a personal face onto the situation over there.
    As far as biz goes, this hole (empty factory) is prime time for an old money industrialist to get in on the cheap and start building something....maybe small bore high mileage DS type machines that are so popular in EU, maybe electric vehicles as well, maybe CNG powered bikes......
    I said old money industrialist because the smart old money folks are mostly uneffected by economic downturns and eagerly await these times to get "IN" on the low.
    My choice for best SpA. name is Vagiva...........just kidding.
    Blazes likes this.
  7. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Their logo could be an inverted triangle.
  8. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    :lol:
    4eyes likes this.
  9. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Jarvis on a Husky???

Quote:
    Copied from Wilddog

After a discussion with a factory insider, I learned that Husaberg production will not start again, as has already been done with the Husaberg Power parts - apparel etc. So no new 2014 Husabergs. Stefan Pierer's plan is to continue KTM and Husqvarna production. Articles that appeared at Italian websites insisted that ALL Husky models (including the BMW engined) will continue for 2014. Unions are strong in Italy.
    So, after so many years, and after Husaberg as a Husqvarna spin-off helped create the hugely successful RFS models, the circle closes: Husaberg is needed no more, and Husqvarna will be KTM's alter ego. And if they are smart, new Husky models will have their unique features, and be clearly differentiated from KTMs.

Just wonder if this news will be Husaberg going back into the Husky side or end of the Husaberg
    Big and Husky likes this.
  10. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

There will be a very limited run of 2014 Bergs. They are already in production.
  11. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Opinion or fact?

Stu
  12. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    I wonder what happened to Centro Stile design house in Milan? They are a bit like CRC who are the design house to MV Augusta/Cagiva (and previouslyHusky). I assume they were part of the BMW Group and therefore are included in the sale however there is no mention of them in any of the Italian press reports I have seen. I can't see these guys moving to Matinghofen.

surfer1100 likes this.
  13. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OMG. Heard another rumor today, however the gentleman telling me this was reading it off the internet somewhere. You tell me!! He said MV Augusta is being basically made to leave there current place of business and that that place will become a recreation area and that SP has sold the Husky plant to them and that is to become the new MV Augusta facility and that ALL future Husqvarna's will be produced in Austria. WTF!! Anyone know anything about this or see anything saying this. Man. Wow. No Way. I don't get it!! You tell me. And I take everything I hear with a grain of salt.......................................... And the drama continues......................
  15. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    It really must be said, you are perpetuating the bulk of the drama here, please go ride, drink a Coke, eat a lifesaver, hug your kids, anything is more productive then what your doing here with your guesses and rumors.

There, I said it....No harm intended just an observation
    Coffee, 454x, Picklito and 6 others like this.
  16. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I heard that exact rumor from someone who is affiliated with MV. I think there is some truth to it.
    BILLF likes this.
  17. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Hey we don't have to click on this thread...do we.
    If you don't like rumours or maybe inside information.
    Go read other threads.
    We're gonna break the 50,000 views soon...:thumbsup:
    Big and Husky and chuckc4 like this.
  18. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I love this thread. Regardless of facts/fiction the personalities and passion of everyone who has commented is apparent. This thread is our very own bit of 'living Husky color'. Can't drive by a train wreck without looking....

Chuck
  19. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    Your right, I just got sucked in when I read "Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna" and it turns into 55 pages of emotional BS and chest puffing started by a drive by poster.

Ill click away elsewhere :)
    454x and water racer like this.
  20. sasrocks Husqvarna
    AA Class

not gonna read 55 pages ! what is the outlook for DI 2 strokes? Would love a 300WR Dual sport..
    4eyes likes this.