Blakelpd5's Riding report videos thread

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Blakelpd5, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Yes, they had one step up that made me feel like I could jump, but the rest of the track is to much for me.

My buddy was filming, and another buddy was behind us.... The guy behind us said I got a little sideways in air (prolly trying a huge whip), came up short (which I never did clear that table), and bounced off the table top, down on the landing... I don't remember anything until after, i was sitting up against a tree..
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I am a moto spode but had a great time on that track the few times i have been out there. Looks intimidating but flows nice. I cleared more out there than any other track i had ridden. I will always suck at tracks because i am not willing to hang it out and hope for the best / wait for my talent to run out.
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Check out this crazy little lizard... I forgot about this, until I was going through more footage today from Moab...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Day 4, Moab. Back for some more Sovereign Singletrack. The second time that trip my poor bike was dropped.

5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    that part where we rode the huge crack int he ground right at the end was interesting. Earth split right open. I'm ready for more Moab already.
  6. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not riding related, but an experience I want to share!

I was in the Navy for 4 years, and my sister in law moved to San Diego and lived with Chandi and I when I was stationed on my ship. Fast Forward 8 years and I'm living in Oregon, and she is in the Navy. She is stationed on the USS Nimitz. I got the opportunity to ride the ship from Everett Wa, to San Fran. We departed on Thursday, and pulled in on Sunday. Sunday, was the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge, so the Nimitz helped the city celebrate. There were news choppers, and pictures being snapped everywhere when we pulled under the bridge. People on top of the bridge cheering and the city had a good vibe..

This picture was taken by a crew member's mom that was watching us pull in from the shore. It had been passed from phone to phone before I got it, so the quality isn't great, but still, a killer pic!!!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Here is a short clip of what kind of a show they put on for us.
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thats cool Blake.

We did 162 miles last weekend without you.
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    I came home from work today and my 3 1/2 year old told me he wanted to take his training wheels off. I told him once we take them off, I'm not putting them back on, and he said ok. Looks like he was ready. My oldest was riding a bike without training wheels just before he turned 4. I'm amazed what these kids are capable of at such a young age!!
    lankydoug likes this.
  9. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Pretty cool alright. I thought all the Navy was banned from things like that by the SF liberals?
    I really kick myself for not taking the day off work to go and see the Missouri when it stopped in Astoria while under tow to Pearl a few years back.
  10. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    They do a tiger cruise from Astoria into Portland for the Rose festival. Well, they used to anyways... I don't know when the ships are pulling in (any day now), but even watching that from the pier is sweet!!! Look into that tiger cruise for next year if nothing else... It would be an experience I've never had (steaming up a river in a navy boat). Usually most of those boats see open ocean, and main harbors. Lots of the fleet is just to big to fit.

11. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just came home for lunch today, and he is now starting himself from a dead stop. That is another proud moment for dad.. It took caden a couple weeks before he could launch himself.... Kyson's got it down in less than 24 hrs :applause:
    PC. likes this.
  12. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    It's probably a treat for the Bar/River/Port pilots to get to pilot a Navy boat.
    I used to do a lot of fishing and more than once was in the lower river when the RF fleet boats steamed through.
    That would be a fun experience to get to ride..
    Oh and, have you decided what you are going to call your family racing team?
  13. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)

Blake,

That's awesome dude!!

What do you think of the Strider bike?
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    priceless
  15. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:

That's the bike with no pedals? If so, I think they are awesome!!! Kyson had a couple advantages over Caden. Caden didn't have someone to show him how to do all those cool kid things, and Caden never had one of those bikes when he learned to ride. I really think the strider bike taught him the balance aspect about 5-6 months ago...
    Clete likes this.
  16. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Whatever our biggest sponsor wants us to be called! haha, just joking...

I hope my boys grow up to be superb trail riders, that hand me my ass. If they decide they wanna race, I'll be there to support them, but that's not my goal.
  17. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Very very cool vids. Some of those trails are .......wow...kinda hairy lookin'. I see the logging industry is going strong in the PNW as it is here in N.Cal. One thing
    about the PNW is you guys don't have to deal with all the dusty trails in the summer, I would think. I'd love to get up there and ride someday. :thumbsup:
  18. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:

Thanks! We are lucky to have that kind of riding close by. Come on up, we'll show you around.

Dust? Yes, it does get very dusty in the summer. Maybe not California dusty, but dusty none-the-less. That is why I prefer to ride the winter.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    As you can see from the start of the vid Blake and I like to fark with each other. Run the other guy into the ditch, shower them with mud, slam their rear tire when stopped. Good fun goon riding with Blake. he should have some good crash vid of me from last ride goon riding / crashing. bikes are fun.
  20. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm so far behind on my vids it's unreallllllll.... To much shit to do, not enough time to do it... Does that sound familiar to anyone else?