Blakelpd5's Riding report videos thread

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Blakelpd5, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    So last weekend was the Funky Chicken... Here is Caden's first lap on his SDG we got from Bill's Motorcycles Plus in Salem.

Next, I'll be working on a vid of my first lap.

2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    My first lap @ the funky chicken.... Don't you love those guys that have a train of people on their tale reving but wont let you by? Probably cuz he was on a green machine :banghead: .

It was a killer race. This is the only "race" i have done (2 years in a row now). I've done two, (going on 3 tommorow) ISDE's, and a handful of poker runs, so I'm not super competitive, but it gets my blood going when I have to get dirty to pass someone. Luckily dude on the green machine got passed clean. Another guy on a Honda wasn't so lucky. I'll post that up later in my "highlights" video that will be much shorter.

Edit: Wierd, when you first click it, it says 46:07, but then shuts down to 4:19... I'm gonna try to re-upload

Edit x2: I've uploaded 3 times, and still cuts it down to 4:19. Weird, everytime I log in it says I'm approved for vids over 15 min now... Anyone give me a little advice?

jmetteer likes this.
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    I missed the Devil's Head today.... I'm sicker than snot, and have been since Thursday. I did, however, load up last night, and get all ready to go, but no dice at 530 this morning... Lets here some ride reports !
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sorry to hear it Blake. I was concidering it but after all the rain and thinking about getting up at 5 am to drive and stand in line I just went the old guy EZ route and went exploring...

[IMG]

Get well soon buddy.

K
    Blakelpd5 and BILLF like this.
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Adam said u guys were gonna dual sport it up.... Was that what ended up happening?

Looks like your weather was great!!! I hear the devils head had BUCKETS of rain coming down, and trails were miserable.. That makes me even more dissapointed I didn't go... I love a good ass-kicking.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep Adam and Joe joined me and we found a ton of fun stuff. I think my front wheel did about a 3rd of the trail, that bike wheelies everywhere Weather was PERFECT. Rained in the morning before we left and was dust free and sunny all day. perfect.

[IMG]
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    That course looks awesome. The grass sections remind of the NMA race at Yak Ranch last year.
    Grass is slick!

I'll have to make it down to that one next year. Although I've been saying that for about 6 years now!

What was that noise at :48?
    Sounded like a rabid chicken :busted:
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds like a good bike for HR trails that don't allow quads, and require wheelies....

I was all jazzed up about the funky chicken... Could u tell?? BTW, at the first bottle neck in the rock section, you can hear Jake scream out my name, and I quickly glance back at him as give him a quick holla.... He was hiding in the poison oak, snapping pictures all day!
  9. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I actually noticed that and figured it was Jake hiding in the tree. Place looks killer and I'm game for next year
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Hey Brandon, when are you going to let me turn you into one of the 165 crowd of smiling, giggling, NW Riders?
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    i know... this is a guy the big bored a YZ250
  12. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Only cause I haven't ridden one yet!

After my trip to the highlands this summer I think I'm going to sell the 300 and reinvest some of that cash into the big bore. I freaking love the 125, but I'd be lying if I said it couldn't use a little more bottom and mid power to haul my tonnage around. Plus, I have a 125 ring and gasket set to burn through first.

How long do these 125 top ends last? I got about 40hrs on my original stuff and bike still feels strong as new.
  13. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Mine has 66.3 easy hours on it and still feels great.

I am shooting for 100...

Later,
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    A leak down test will tell you all you need about the condition of the motor. Best method.
  15. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:

66.3 easy hours??? Is this the same bike you post all your WFO riding vids with, or do you have a second 125 I don't know about that you ride to the mailbox and back?

And I assume you've re-ringed it?
    Xcuvator likes this.
  16. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    :D

Ridden by old lady, never off road, never raced, never seen sand. Comes with paddle tire, flag and AMA number plates.

I "Re-ringed" it after I blew it up at 36 hours, I put Shane's OEM 125 cylinder, piston and ring on it. They had about 10 hours on them so I guess that makes about 75 hours on this piston/ring. I have 102.3 easy hours on the bike now. ;)

Later,
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  17. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    That always cracks me up when I look at a bike on Craigs. The bike is described as being sooo good and there is a paddle leaned against a tree next to it and there are still numbers on the plates.
  18. Sparked Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ass kicking? Yes, the Devils Head delivered. The rain was mostly overnight and during the morning, it cleared up a bit in the afternoon. It was mud mud mud mud muddy rocks mud mud muddy roots mud mud mud. Well, sort of, anyway. I was in the back, so by the time I got to the trails some of the ruts were cut down to dry ground.

I houred out at the last check, my first ever DNF; going to have to work on some rut grinding skills.
  19. Jkosmo Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None Yet..
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas EC250
    Blake, sweet videos! After watching them I can officially say I am no longer contemplating picking up a WR125, I will be getting one and building a 165! Secondly, I need to plan a riding trip in the PNW, it looks like a phenomenal place to ride!!
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  20. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:

Haha, glad I could help sway your decision! You do need to come up here, but make it after the 1st of the year, so I can ride with you! This thread has been dead ever since I compression factured my t12. I'm about to chase my boy around the woods (he's 7) to try out the spine on my first ride back. Hopefully within the next couple of months, I'll be posting some more sweet vids!