Blakelpd5's Riding report videos thread

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Blakelpd5, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Safety glasses.
  2. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    Ya, easy to remove and shake all the water off
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Ya that... I haven't used goggles in a LONG time... In fact, I hate goggles, but would use them on the dunes if it wasn't raining...
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    After working outside 5-6 days a week all winter for 35+ years I guess some of the "fun" of sliding around in and wearing mud has lost some of its appeal, because I like fair weather conditions for my fun. But having said that, we got in a nice 57mile day out of Ginger Creek after one day of drying last weekend.
    wallybean likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice. :cheers:
  6. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    My youngest rode today for the first time. He has been without training wheels on his regular bike since he was around 3 1/2. He is 9 days short of his 4th bday today. We took our boys out today for a little riding action. Kyson (youngest) did amazingly well for such a little guy. Caden is progressing very well. He is used to the little Kawi 50, and can throw that thing around, but this SDG is a much bigger framed bike, so he had a bit of a hard time adjusting at first. He is now growing into the bike, and his much more comfortable on it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151211438507060&set=vb.707327059&type=2&theater

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    bigjon, pvduke, wallybean and 3 others like this.
  7. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Riding with kids;it doesn't get much better.Have 4 grandsons coming up and it starts all over again.:)
    bigjon likes this.
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:

Yes sir! As you can see, another Husky in the background, Brandon (PC) brought his fam out today (actually today was his idea). He had is boy out there on a Honda 50 as well.

Bill, that SDG is rockin it! Thanks for selling it to us!
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Ain't you a cool looking crowd ... You got a lot of reason to stay around for a long time :0)
  10. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    That was fun times, man!
    I cant believe how quick Kyson picked it up.... he was already doing supermans! :D

Enjoy it while you can cause they'll be waiting for us at trail intersections pretty soon!

We need to get these kids out to the dez and do some 10-15 mile loops with them. I think that would really get a kick out of doing a bigger loop and feeling the sense of exploration.
  11. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    i HAVE ANOTHER ONE !!
  12. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh, how I remember those days. I acutally have a 3 year old as well and just picked up a JR50 for him when he's ready. My daughter is 8 and just likes to putt on the quad, but my 3 oldest 12,14&16 now rip! It is so fun to watch them progress and now with my 3 oldest we can do a regular ride without stopping for miles and miles.

I used to take them to McCubbins Gulch and Hendersen Flat a lot. Easy areas to learn with actuall trails they could conquer. I also bought a GoPro to capture the memories.

Families that ride together, stay together!
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome stuff Blake.
  14. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    way to pay it forward blake...good on ya man.

Cpt. Kelly Morgan shots 'r priceless. :p
  15. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Are you a dealer for them or are they just some trades? Never heard of hem but will have to look into them
  16. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Really cool Guys.:thumbsup:
  17. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bill is a Husky Dealer, and takes anything in on trade EXCEPT KTM.... (what his site says anyways). They stopped making them in 05 I think... SDG, same company that makes the seat covers..

The one we got from him is a 50 model, with a 70cc big bore kit, and that thing SCREAMS... Not screams like a cobra kids bike, but a DEEP 4st sound that is awesome.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  18. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:

This bike is badged as a KDX50, but all the stamps on the parts say suzuki. They are brother bikes, and parts are interchangeable. This bike will run forever... Kinda like my wifes TTR125 that has been on it's death bed for years now, and is always the first one to start.
  19. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    no just trade ins
  20. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK, so, with a big-boy dunes trip coming up, I decided it was time to get the 450r running again. It sat for 6-8 months without being started. Not intentionally, but I broke my back, and couldn't even attempt to start it for a LONG time. Once I was able to give it a whirl, NOTHING. I even had PC stomp on it a few times, and still, nothing.

What do I do now? Well, I decide it needs a good carb cleaning, and I was right. The pilot was plugged pretty bad. Fuel in tank looked ok (still drained it all), but fuel in carb was a dark color, and some build up in the bottom of the bowl drain. I've got it 90% back together. BTW, this is a Kehin FCR carb.

I can't believe how complicated this thing is! Moral of the story: Don't let you bikes sit, or you will soon find your self with a workbench that looks like this. Man, I wish I was working on the carb for the wr165....

It removed more hardware just getting to the carb, than it took me to install a whole new top-end on the 125. This confirms my love for a 2st.

BTW, I almost shot myself in the eye with fuel! Be careful! I didn't know what the accelerator pump was, and once i had it all drained (so i thought), I wanted to watch the slide open. The accelerator pump shot fuel out with SERIOUS force, barely missing my face, and going right over my shoulder.

[IMG]
    LandofMotards likes this.