Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by cedarchopper, Jan 16, 2013.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    What is the goal of this thread?

Do you want to get a title?

Do you want to teach the guy you perceive to be a bad guy a lesson?

Are you warning us against buying a bike without VIN?

I've read through this thread twice and some good advise has been largly ignored.
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    My Offer is still standing for how little can this "salvage" bike change hands?:D

Robert-Jan
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    There were some great points here by a few members but the jabs really do nothing but reflect poorly on this site. He was venting and sharing his experience. Why kick him when he's down? I hope it works out for you Cedar.
    dave lindsey, john01 and Motosportz like this.
  4. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    If people would post stuff like this and NOT get called on it, that would reflect negatively on the site.

Welcome to the real world.
    pvduke likes this.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    no offence to anyone but the OP came here bashing the brand and the manufacturer (that have nothing to do with the deal) on a "sour grapes" deal, over a year after it transpired. we gave him a ton of good advice and offered to help save him a LOT of money in legal costs and tried to untwist the whole deal and make some sense of it. if thats construed as kicking a man while he's down? not sure what to say.
    lankydoug and Zomby woof like this.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :popcorn:

or wait, better yet....
    [IMG]
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    PV, there is no doubt in my mind you have him some great advice that can save him time, money, and energy. Others did too. At the same time I don't see an issue with what he wants to do. I wouldn't simply because I couldn't afford to go that route.

Yes it is partially his fault too but I can't say I would think twice from a Husky rep selling new bikes either. I'm sure he thinks about that too. I really just don't understand the bashing. Some really added no value at all.

I'm certainly not the nicest person in the world and we're all men and understand that the "real world" is rough. It still isn't an excuse to disrespect someone that was just discussing discontent with a product or company.
    MattR, pvduke and john01 like this.
  8. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    I'm moving this to the General (main) forum. The OP purchase issue could have been related to any bike and not 2-stroke specific.
  9. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Maybe I am to simplistic in my reasoning but the bike was bought to ride on, and even when the buy came from that appears a shady element in the BMW corporation (for sure it doesn't look good for them) I would merely focus to get the cheapest (probably also quickest) way to get the bike in a shape that I want it to be.

Riding out as the moral knight is for sure Nobel to do but it's more then ones proven that you loose big time in 80% of all cases.

If some of the comments here are taken as a bashing, wait till you find out that you paid more then half the bike is worth in legal fees (on top of that the annoyance ( that legal people bring upon you) and the time involved).

it brings you further away from actually driving the bike and that is where you bought the bike for in the first place I assume.

I personal (in my younger years) took also some fight for the Nobel principle cause, it learned me only one lesson.

pick your fight very very carefully.

Before you know you are much further from the results that you try to achieve.

If any of my previous comments offended you they where not meant to do so.

Robert-Jan
  10. Soviet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC 450
    In California, you can get the bike registered as a bike with no vin, or special construction. You'll have to specify with a statement of facts how you purchased or built the bike. Then the Highway patrol will do an inspection, run numbers on the motor, etc and if it all comes out good, they stick a special aluminum sticker on the head tube that will now be your vin number. they give you a title and off you go. A lot of people do this with warranty frames for dirtbikes and race bikes that come with no vin number. There are actually a lot of frames out there without vins. Especially factory race bikes that get dumped in the aftermarket scene at one point or another. Most all states have their own way of dealing with this this, it's just most people don't know how to jump through the hoops.

i agree with everyone else. Trying to get husky or bmw to do anything at this point is gonna be a waste of your money. Get it titled the easy way and move on.
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Amen brother! MO has almost an identical process.
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    i've been saying this for 2 or 3 pages now! thank you!
    lankydoug likes this.
  13. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Dang. This would never work in New Jersey. I guess one could try but unless you enjoy jumping through hoops, walking on broken glass barefoot, pulling out your fingers nails, drinking Drano, bicycling with no seat, etc......I would say forget it. At least if you tried to do it the "legal" way that is. Good thing your from Texas where it seems you might have options. I have bought a LOT of bikes over the years (much to my wife's dismay) at many different dealers, and I cant remember a time when I didnt sit down at the sales desk and go over the paperwork prior to taking delivery and go over everything. Maybe its just because Im a veteran at buying dirt bikes :D but either way it would suck to have to deal with this. Especially is riding or racing required registration and a plate.
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If I remember it's not going to cost him anything unless he wins then it's 20% to the lawyer. I see both sides, the side that he's on to fight for what's right and the other that say's get it titled yourself and move on. Of course he can do either and it would be easier to "do it himself" but frankly I'm glad he's fighting so maybe just maybe it won't happen to one of us.....just a thought. Good luck.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Ditto.
  16. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    if the OP sharpies out his personal info, scans and emails me his docs i'll be happy to interperit exactly what he's got and get back to him with any ? he has, and on the QT of course.
    here to help.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

All his posts were on this subject for the last month and now nothing but his avatar changed to a KTM so I think he is done here. Sad. Hope he comes out OK on the husky deal somehow.
  18. Soviet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC 450
    This works in every state. There absolutely has to be a method in which a person registers a custom made or vinless vehicle. All of those motorcycles that you see on custom biker build-offs and the like(yes there are custom bike builders in New Jersey) need a way to title and register the bike. It's not as tough as you think. it's no different for the dood that cuts a junker truck in half and makes it into a trailer or buying one of those cheap ass $200 dollar china made trailers from home depot that have no VIN. It needs trailer registration, and thus needs a vin...
    In CA, It's 20 minutes with a highway patrol officer verifying your goods aren't stolen and an hour at your department of motor vehicle place waiting in line with your forms. It's likely less elsewhere because the majority of time for us is spent waiting in line at the DMV. :)

You may be a veteran at buying bikes, but a grasshoppa at registering them. :)

Either way, like John said above, if the OP wants to pursue legal action, thats up to him. More power to him if he can get them to pull through.
  19. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is very serious, he really is mad
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    :D