Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by cedarchopper, Jan 16, 2013.

1. cedarchopper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR 165
    I am still shaking my head after finding out my bike has no VIN number and what was marketed to me as a new bike turns out to be one with no paperwork and a company unwilling to even provide any assistance in resolving the issue so I can insure the bike or even claim ownership. It was sold to me by a dealer representative, who assured me in his job their could be no issue. Big thanks for those lies
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That does not sound right. More info so we can help. Several here have good connections and might be able to apply pressure. We need more details.
  3. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

How does a bike even enter the country without a VIN.
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

doesnt except for those headless (steering head that is) 125's 2 years ago that were for "parts only"
  5. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    smuggling.

Robert-Jan
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    No dealer in my state could even sell a bike like that, since they have to turn in paperwork to the DMV.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  7. Husky Gordon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX 400r
    My bike has a title that the second owner never paid taxes on and the third owner did nothing to correct the problem. Now I bought the bike thinking I could get it titled and plated. All I have is a bike that I will have to sell with a bill of sale and tell the person buying it they will not be able to title it. These things really stink. Just wish there was a way to correct the problem.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The bike looks to have miles on it, a 165 kit, some Motosportz stuff... it has been around and no vin? We need more info.
  9. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Sell it dirt cheap to me :busted: I will be able to get it titled, hey this is Cambodia:D

all kidding aside its not a nice situation where they tricked you in.

Robert-Jan
  10. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This bike was one of the recalled 2009 models that has the replacement 2010 style frame. I know of a couple of those around.
  11. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Jake and Brandon both have one of those they bought from Bills for a smoking deal. I'm surprised anyone could sell a new bike without a vin. How is it supposed to be legit?
    jmetteer likes this.
  12. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bingo. Those bikes were sold REALLY cheap but were not supposed to be parts only. Obviously the dealer ordered a new frame and re-sold them.
  13. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think the sales rep bought several and built them up. He should have used the old serial number.
    jmetteer likes this.
  14. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Texas may offer an 'assembled' title. Might be worth checking out.
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I think you can go to the DMV with your bike and thru state police, create a vin and new title. I just did that up here with a woodchipper that we converted to tow.
  16. cedarchopper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR 165
    Dwight is exactly right and that is what he was directed to do. He only was able to purchase the units because he was the rep and part of that agreement was to revin the frames. He put the bikes together without even doing all the required updates and since BMW is aware they are trying to distance themselves to avoid any fallout. The problem is that I was simply trying to resolve a problem in the easiest manner, now having been lied to and basically told we don't have time unless your attorney gets involved no longer want to play nice because being kicked in teeth will do that to you. I especially like how the cooperate suit asked me if I could show anywhere the bike was noted as new. I sent him a couple of ads from a variety of sources and emails stating just that. Then after waiting a week, have to email him to get an answer that it is my fault and my problem. One good thing about Texas, we have plenty of lawyers! Guess next time, they will take the time in New Jersey to not try and give people run around!
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That sucks. BMW / Huskly is not really the issue here it seems, it is the guy who sold you the bike knowing it needed re-vin or really should have just been parts.
  18. cedarchopper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR 165
    Blake, you are right Bill did a few of these units and did them the right way because he is an excellent dealer and it shows. This unit and others were sold by a dealer rep who promoted and sold them as new units. Even given the impression that the paperwork would be in the mail. 13 months and still hasn't arrived and now the story has changed as to what was sold. I simply wanted to insure the bike so when at events it was covered if someone borrowed it for themselves. To be told, the truth is not the truth in spite of the ads, in spite of the emails simply doesn't give one a warm fuzzy feeling. But Walt still builds a hell of a bike!!
  19. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would disagree, this is a BMW/Husky issue. It up to them to make sure the extension of their company ie. dealers, reps ect are doing the right thing. They need to take responsibility and make it right.
  20. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Cedar, that sucks man.... I asked PC last night, and he said Bill in fact did vin & title them (which any reputable business should do). Since you are so frustrated, why hold back the name of who sold you the bike? Might throw that info out so no one else gets caught up in their schemes...

Bottom line, it sucks, but at least you have a KILLER bike! Did this supposed dealer 165 it before you bought it? Seems like they are in the know if they put all those parts on it.