Chinese Radiator UPGRADE

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by icebergstu, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Jubes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300(09)
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    recently got some gpi rads for my 300 and they're really well designed, and larger than the stock but still have enough of a gap between the thicker top section and my force rad braces to get the sockets through to the mounting bolts.
    had to get them because my D-headed mate roosted my bike with gravel as i was grabbing a drink, used the stock 1.4bar cap though not the 1.3 that came with them.
    can't bring myself to trust chinese knock-offs
  2. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    I bit the bullet and bought a set off eBay today from "best radiator" ...$89...we'll see...
  3. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    The radiators arrived yesterday. They actually look really really good. One problem...I ordered them for the 09 TXC. What was sent will fit the 11. The bottom fittings come out straight on the shipped rads, the 09 has them come out angled down. So now I need the correct hoses to compensate for that (not a big deal I hope)...any advice?
  4. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    One more update...I ended up using this chinese radiator (bought it for my 09) on our 2011, as the stock one just decided to spring a leak (no reason what so ever). I said it before, I say it again, the stock radiators are junk. Anyway, the install of the Chinese radiator went without a problem, we have the EE Radiator guards and they fit just fine. We don't have any real riding time on it yet, but so far so good.
    I will buy another set to install on the 09 - if you are in the market, the only caution I would throw up is make sure the fittings are correct. The 09 is different from the 2011.
    Coffee likes this.
  5. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

I bought a set of these also and just wanted to give my report. They look beefy but crude, when I unpackaged them I found quite a bit of aluminum shavings inside the radiators so I took a hose and rinsed them out thoroughly.

They bolted up fine and worked okay for 3 rides (zero crashes) until yesterday....

I think the material is junk...I guess it just depends on how hard you ride..

Attached Files:

6. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    Huh...mine look much cleaner. Welds are not as rough as yours either...
  7. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    It still worth the risk for $89. The ones I got from winner racing look perfect. I haven't installed yet. Pesky hip replacement keeps me from riding this year. Cam.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I see these popping up in other threads so I thought I would update that i have thrashed the crap out of mine with zero issues. I do run rad guards but they have taken a lot of hard hits and no issues.
  9. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Ditto - I ran a "tree" through my right rad on a Honda like a javelin. All the fluid was ont he ground before I even knew what happened. Thank God it hit the bike and not me as the end was sharp!

I couldn't stomach an OEM Honda, so went with one of these Chinese rad sets for $90 shipped. Ran them for two years with zero issues - and in fact I believe they cooled better than the OEM which were beautifully made. The welds on the Chinese were terrible, but they were straight, mounted perfectly and did their job.

I may order a set for my 449 JUST to keep in my spares box. I onyl get to ride 4-5 times a year and dont want a simple issue like a radiator ruining 1/4 or 1/5 of my annual irding...so this is cheap insurance.
  10. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Going to look into these as I fell of a bridge today and landed feet on the pegs 180 deg. the other way. Didn't notice the lower left rad shroud bolt went into the second cooling fin thus giving me the first dnf of the season.
    Nothing bent or broken just a hole from the bolt and best I can tell a new left is 150.

Do the rads on the wr125 from 2011 fit the 2013 ?
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I reckon so only difference was the 13s had 2 small 'braces' across the front of the rad(huskys half arsed idea of rad protection!)
  12. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I cant tell them apart and part numbers run up until 2011 from what I can search on the net. looks like I may have to make the last race to salvage a 10th overall for the year.
  13. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    When I ordered them they asked for pictures so they could ensure the rads were correct. I got them pretty quick and they fit just fine. Knock on wood no issues with them.
  14. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    fit just fine, now to see if they hold water