Husqvarna 2013 Models!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Phoenix, Jun 18, 2012.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Just got this email from our local dealer GP Motorcycles San Diego Ca.

Spread the news, the first 2013 TXC310R is in transit, as well as a
    > new TE449.

so here goes I'm spreadin' it.
    Tinken likes this.
  2. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Our TXC310r is supposed to show up today and TE310r friday,cant wait to check em out.
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    nice!!! Bet those will be GREAT bikes with the new head and EFI that i love on my 511.
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    that's the dark art performed by your government, called tax the shit out of everything people like to have.

America is in quite some states really good in not taxing (if they do) an absurd amount of sales tax, pollution tax, vehicle tax.

Robert-Jan
  5. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not sure thats correct ?

We have a high rate of VAT (sales tax) of 20% agreed,and I am fairly sure there is no import duty within the EU ?

But I think thats reasonably universal . Where in the US is tax free ???

In Australia the sales tax is much less (12.5% I think) yet the cost of new bikes is more again !

I think they look at the market and "see what we can get away with charging" .

Lets face it if ALL bike manufacturers increased their prices by 30% in the US they would still sell bikes , slowly at first maybe but after a while the new higher price would be the norm . I think this happened in the UK with the rebirth of the four stroke .

By the way this is not just Husky . They are basically the same price as KTM, Husaberg etc...
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Our sales tax is per state. Certain states don't have it. Then different counties can tax different. Here is Colorado it's pretty high at 7.4 percent.
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I don't know for sure if it is true, but I was told by someone I trust not to BS, that Aus prices are higher because of the extra long warranty that must be provided because of government mandate.
  8. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Maybe ? Here in the UK Husky offer a 2 year warranty on their Dirt Bikes .

All manufacturers differ, I think KTM is now 6 months , Japs 3 months, not 100% sure.
  9. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

But I assume there are some Import duties etc... to enter the US ?
  10. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    transportation cost in Europe is way higher as fuel is much more taxed then in America so simply the cost of getting the bike in the show room is higher.

Robert-Jan
  11. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry but thats Rubbish !

You are saying its cheaper to ship from Italy to lets say California than Italy to the UK ? :lol:
  12. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    After good warm up putted around the TXC310r & TE310r carefully in the parking lot,the TXc definitely starts great and run super smooth,seems to rev quicker than last year.
    TE310 runs nice but a bit lean compared to TXC, and of course it has the 40T rear sprocket wich is great for dual sport but takes the snap out of her.We are popping the tank up tomorrow and looking at what type of plug thier using on this one to race map it,hope its same as last year and the TE has enduroomp Knobbys now instead of Karoos.One more thing no key switch,the pass lever is now the kill lever,one more ignition switch coversion to figure outy for the comuter guys.I think broke in and dialed in these are going to be great like last years bike just better.PS I d i
    d get on the gas in the parking lot on the TXC but it just laid a patch for 20 feet with my 180lbs on it,no traction.The tire still looks perfect.
    Coffee, robertaccio and ray_ray like this.
  13. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    it's just one of the factors.

all bike prices are higher in your country because the fuel is taxed higher, the social cost for a employer of the staff is higher, because the rent/ownership of the accommodation of the operation is higher, the liability level is higher, importation tax is higher, sales tax is higher.

all these factors are mainly influenced by government or market conditions/demands.

the bikes that ship from the factory have a base price that is equal to where it is send to so if the price of the bikes (regardless which brand) is over the full line higher in your country than another country the cost are simply higher and in a majority of the cases the cost are higher due to government regulation. (aka Tax)

the other possible way that could also trigger a price difference is the order volume of the importer and he gets a volume discount from the factory. yet this is a risk of getting stuck with the product after the new series is launched and that would also translate in a price adjustment.

Robert-Jan
  14. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    WR125 went up by $300 and lost the headlight and tail light. Those black grips must be expensive!!
    ray_ray likes this.
  15. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think we will have to agree to disagree with regard to tax and liabilities !

Not sure what you know about the UK but we are in the EU, and alot of the above is just not true .

For sure being in the EU there is no importation tax and I would find it hard to believe liability level is higher than the US ?

I agree "market conditions / demands" set the price. Thats exactly what i said in an earlier post.

If there is a "base price equal to where it is sent" then the seller is pricing to what the market will stand. ie charging what they think they can get away with in that market ! I agree this is not just Husky .

Also I believe UK Husky Dealers order their bikes directly with the Factory .
  16. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I use to live in the Netherlands and motor bikes and cars are simply more expensive then in belgium or Germany.

When you buy a new car in Germany (cheaper catalog price then Holland) and want to license it in the Netherlands you have to pay an extra tax to get it done as that belgium and Germany have a different importation tax rate. this is valid for every vehicle that is not older then 100 months so for sure there is an importation tax in Europe and in different rates throughout the countries. (or only in Holland in that respect)

you might have right that liability level would be higher in the US (with the potential BS lawsuits) and I admit that I don't know the fine detail of the UK in this topic.

probably the price of the premiums to get insurance coverage is the right NR to compare
    yet if it is made compulsory by the government to have certain coverage in place it can be considered as a form of taxing.

I think you would be supriced what kind of extra charges they will slap on you if you try to get a bike in bought from the factory in Italy and bring it in your Country.
  17. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think this was some years ago ?

Things have changed somewhat within the EU. I am sure prices etc... do vary but I'm not sure it should be 30-40% ! Lets just agree to disagree, its easier !

Also I think you mis understood me, I am not looking to buy a bike direct ! I said the UK DEALERS order their bikes (and parts) direct with the factory in Italy.

Whatever the price if we want new we have to pay ! Its beyond our control !!!
  18. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    Nah you have it all wrong. Our GREAT govenrment loves to tax the bejeezus out of everything here, take fuel for example.
    Our prices are based on Singapores (yet we produce 80% of our own fuel), then there are extra tarrifs added and then GST of 10% (at tax on a tax !!), so it ends up costing about $1.40 a liter. As for gas !!! We export shitloads of it to China for some rediculous price - something like 0.5 c per liter, yet it costs us (for LPG) about 60c / liter.
    Bikes on average cost 30% to 40% more than the US market.
    True, we have different warranty condition's here (to protect us), but the local Husky distributor is not so forthcoming with warranty claims, so much so that Huskys are a bit of a laughing stock on some of the local forums
    shawbagga likes this.
  19. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Maybe that's the only way they can get "Green Stickered" in CA. I dunno for sure, I'm merely speculating. I do know I can't get my TC250 "stickered" in CA - thank you far left loons at CARB.
  20. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    "The remaining models all feature the new colour scheme for 2013, as well as
    higher-quality decals designed to better cope with the tough demands of riding off-
    road. Apart from new black grips that are already bonded to the handlebar to
    prevent twisting, every model is now also equipped with a handlebar pad to provide
    effective protection for the rider’s chest and head in case of a collision. "

YES!! IM SO BUYING A 2013 WR!
    ray_ray and Coffee like this.