Husqvarna BMW Canada

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Planepower, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Just heard a rumor that BMW appointed Josh Barrett as sales rep for Husqvarna Canada. Yes! THE same individual responsible for the collapse and bankruptcy or Barrett Marketing Group, the same person who still owes many of our Canadian Dealers thousands of $$! How can BMW be so short sighted! I was ready to negotiate for a new TE 449, but now would rather buy one Stateside and import it rather than support a huge Canadian blunder.
    I love the brand, but am confused by corporate decision making.

Rant over.
  2. GOLIATH526 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My understanding as a newer dealer in Canada was that Barret Marketing had it's hand in many pies and Husqvarna was doing well and making money....certainly not the reason Barrett went bankrupt.....Josh always appeared enthusiastic about the brand and was a help when we needed it. Nice to have a familiar face in place if this is true
  3. Falco Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F800 GS
    We should all send email to BMW to complain about it
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I really don't understand the corporate world.

Wait... maybe I do!

It seems it's not what you know, but who. You can be a total idiot, yet know somebody and get a nice high end job. I guess idiots like to surround themselves with even bigger idiots so they don't look so stupid.
    Briggs, Ruffus and Muddy Waters like this.
  5. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

better check and see if any of our politicians are part of the bmw husky corporation lol
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Maybe we should make sure this is true before calling and Emailing all mad?
    Ruffus, boxofish and Muddy Waters like this.
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

It is not a rumour. It is fact.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Well if true there must be much more to this story. I would think legal issues would arise as there is money owed. Will be interesting to see a press release.
  9. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Not so much a legal issue, but could you imagine having to deal with a person once again after feeling like they ripped you off? I'd say there's trust issues. Josh may not personally owe money, but he was the representative of an organization that, as some may view, defrauded small businesses out of thousands of dollars. Just leaves a bad impression from BMW Canada.

I post this because I like how my Canadian dealer treats me, supports the brand, and don't want to see them close the doors because of lost income.
  10. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300
    I still haven't seen the $500 in contingency money owed to me, don't think I buy another Husky after all this BS
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I got an official letter today from husky NA stating Guy Giroux and Josh Barrett are hire temporarily for the transition and there full time employment will be review and considers. Seems to make some sense to hire them at least temporary to transition as they know something about the biz. Still I;m sure leaves a bad taste in manys mouths.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds like now is the time to voice your opinion to Husky NA on this person ...
    Planepower likes this.
  13. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    Don't know Josh personnaly so I won't comment on that matter. As far as Guy Giroux is concerned, he's been real helpful to the brand, is and has been over the last 20 years a top rider in Canada. He also participated in many races abroad and his experience is undeniable. He's one of the main reasons Huskies have been selling here in Canada. Just my 2 cents!
    steadydirt and Motosportz like this.
  14. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Guy is a good guy. I cant say anything bad about him.
    Ruffus and RollinHusky like this.
  15. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here's a little write up from the FMSQ site that appeared today about Guy. They had their differences last season, but now it seems that it's in the past. It's in french, but basically says that they are glad to have him back in the championship hunt this coming season. http://fmsq.net/chroniques/146-retrouvailles.html
  16. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Guy ran the pro class in Franklin Sunday in the 1st round of the FMSQ enduro series and dominated the field!! That's excatly what we need here!!
  17. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is great, but what we actually "need" is parts and bike to sell.
  18. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 4 speed auto,2011 wr 150
    Guy Giroux has been my rep for the last year and has worked very hard for Husqvarna and its Canadian image.
    I agree with you Scotty in regards to the parts issues. We will be far better off when BMW/Husqvarna Na start shipping parts and bikes.
    Thank god that they are reliable.
    I am optimistic that BMW/Husqvarna Na will correct the issues that Barrett left behind and take care of their dealers.
    keep in mind that the bankruptcy issues must be enormous for the Husky staff to sort out.
    I suspect that next month will be completely different.
  19. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 4 speed auto,2011 wr 150
    Guy Giroux has been my rep for the last year and has worked very hard for Husqvarna and its Canadian image.
    I agree with you Scotty in regards to the parts issues. We will be far better off when BMW/Husqvarna Na start shipping parts and bikes.
    Thank god that they are reliable.
    I am optimistic that BMW/Husqvarna Na will correct the issues that Barrett left behind and take care of their dealers.
    keep in mind that the bankruptcy issues must be enormous for the Husky staff to sort out.
    I suspect that next month will be completely different.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You guys get your parts from a different supplier than we do in the states? A ask because i have had ZERO issues. Call Bills, three days later it is on my bike. In fact it has got a LOT better. Even offer nearly free over night shipping. Got a rad hose for my 511 in 1 day. seems a lot better than it ever was but sucks to hear you are not getting the same results as it seems they are moving in the right direction.