Husqvarna BMW Canada

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Planepower, Apr 27, 2012.

1. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

With the old Dist, we got our parts directly from the factory. It was hit or miss how long they would take. 3 days or 3 weeks. You never knew.

I ended up cutting a deal with a Husky dealer in the US and ordered parts from them at a discount and got all my stuff faster and cheaper than waiting for the CDN Dist to get them for us. My bill at this dealer was $5-8K per month most of the time.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So are they changing this so all of NA has the same parts supplier? (which would seem to make sense)
  3. Falco Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F800 GS
    Went to my dealer today two new husky in the showroom but he wasn't very happy about the way it's going. It's not clear if the new structure will respect there deadline to sort out this mess.
  4. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, it has been almost 6 months since BMG went bankrupt and not really much has changed. CDN dealers still cant order bikes or parts directly through a CDN Distributor. It is very sad after a core group of people spent so much time getting the brand up and running in Canada only to have this happen. Husqvarna/BMW have pissed off so many faithful riders and dealers with the handling of this transition that I dont think that Husqvarna will be considered a player in the off road scene in Canada for years, if ever.
  5. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I was told flat out by my dealer that they can't get any Husky parts and they don't know when they will be able to. Now hearing that Josh Barrett is the sales rep for Husqvarna Canada. All I can say is great and GREAT!

I hate to say this but, good thing I have a KTM too.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I can't see that happening, I'm sure there is a plan. Time will tell.
  7. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I don't think there is plan! I just called my Dealer to have my 08 610 go in. It still dies on the highway at 100 kph. They told me, just so I know, that they can get No Husky parts. I asked, when do you think you will be able to get parts. I was then told that as a Dealer, they have no idea.

So Anyone in Canada with a Husky that needs part will not be riding their Bike in the riding season this year. This is not the first year this has happened.

There is law that parts have to be supplied for a certain length time. I am no lawyer so I can't comment on that.

I love my 610, but what good is it, if I can't ride it do to no parts. I wish that BMW or who-ever would please stand-up and fix this problem.

What has happened to caring about the Customer. I used to think that there was a special bond between Riders and People who Built and sold Bikes. I still see this with Dealers, and well what can I say about the way this Manufacturer deals with it's Canadian Friends / Customers. Please prove me wrong.
  8. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

No new 2 strokes, no warranty, no parts, no dealers, no more of my money. Hello GasGas!
  9. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Please dont blame the CDN Husky dealers for this mess. It is not their doing. Most of them have taken a huge financial hit over this fiasco. I have taken a loss for close to $40K in unpaid warranty claims and rebates.
  10. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I don't blame the Dealers at all. They are the ones that got screwed big time. They are out money, sales, etc.

My Dealer wants to sell me parts, but they can't order any. The Dealers are being treated like shit.

I can only guess that it's people at BMW / Husky Corporate that don't care about their Canadian Riders.
  11. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    If your dealer cares about customer service, yet they CAN'T order you parts, ask them what parts you need and order them yourself. That's what I would do!
    There is plenty of parts supplies, one just has to know how to shop around.
    I suggest Rob Lang in Ontario (Canadian shop - excellent service) or call any of the US posters listed on this site for help (Halls, Motosports, Uptite... etc), heck even try eBay. If you want to ride, don't let anything stop you.
    Also, fire off a letter (email) to Husky Corporate / BMW and explain your grievances constructively.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

just freaking call Bills. :D

http://billshusky.com/

best dealer on the planet, usually has everything, ships all the time to everywhere. problem solved. I am always amazed at what they have and how quick it comes. They should just appoint them the parts distributor for Canada and be done with it.
  13. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    My plan has been to get the parts myself.
  14. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you want to get them in Canada, try Rob Lang in Ontario. I know we had a surprising amount of 610 parts in stock when he bought me out.

rob@rossrochersales.com is still being directed to his new shop.
  15. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    Thanks for the infor, I bring my bike into the shop next week.
  16. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 4 speed auto,2011 wr 150
  17. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    pa
    Parts are available in Canada.
  18. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    My Bike is in the Shop and I was told that the Dealer could not order any parts through Husky. This was going on 3 weeks ago. The parts department told me this too, over a month ago. I have sent e-mails to Husky over a month ago, asking them about this, and have to date not received any replies back.
  19. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    All I can say at this point is to give us a call, we can try and fix you up!
  20. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

BMW couldn't organize a piss up in a liquor store!:D