Husqvarna Concept Moab

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Nov 8, 2011.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Whoa...nice! It probably won't look as clean, though, with a chain, brake lines, cables, wires and whatnot :busted:

I like the discs and forks and all the modern stuff. Too bad about the twin shocks in the back, though.
    Yamaha put twin shocks on their SRX600 in 1987 but Ohlins had an answer for them :)
  2. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

So it is designed for flat, hard-packed beaches? I guess the concept is lost on me...:excuseme:
  3. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    it realy look like an old jawa twin cam speedway engine
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I thought the same thing. Kind like the look of the motor. Old new school
  5. Sparrowhawk Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think Husky's marketing group got a little lost somewhere. It is obviously designed for the wet, sandy, inter-tidal zones in Moab. Maybe something we will see someday with ocean levels rising. Under the new corporate vision, BMW is targeted at mature, more well to do riders while Husky aims for the youth market. With the Moab, Husky goes after the youth market by bringing out it's interpretation of a late '50s BSA scrambler?

I kinda like it as a concept but I'm 30 years beyond being considered part of the youth market. I can remember wanting to own a BSA scrambler. I can't imagine buying a Moab. Where would you actually use it? It isn't sporty in a KTM Duke way, no good for distance travel, no good off road, Vespas are better for running errands around town. Posing at the coffee shop? Add me to the lost ones.
  6. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's a styled supermoto concept...that's all it is...modern interpretation of a scrambler...done.
    As far as the supermoto aspect, well I don't know that it'll be as good as the 610...certainly looks a bit heftier
    But as far as the style of the concept I think they did a fantastic job and as mach as i love Vespas this would be mach more fun and more all-rounder

Like it or not, to me this is a billion times more acceptable then the SMQ or Mille-3 concepts
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    If the bike looks appeal to riders, if it rides and performs well and is reliable at a decent price, riders will find a place to ride it ...
  8. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not sure if you're aware of the story behind this bike but here it is Borile B500RICKI
    The rest of the Borile line is very unique too :thumbsup:
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'll read the link later but that machine just looks like an old model bike with what we all know is needed ... A disk front (and rear) brake ... Not sure about the rear suspension (ESP) or front ... A bike like that needs to be capable of logging air time or it is too far in the past on the performance scale...

Subframe looks like it is ready for logging some air time ...
  10. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

The owner of the company build this bike in memory of his twenty year old son who died in 2009...so regardless if it "works" or not, I think it's a beautiful homage from a dad to his lost son
  11. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

i used to build concept cars, and all of ours were runners. from the AMG ME412 to the chrysler firepower, they all ran. and it's easier to do on a bike. passing california's CARB tests is the biggest hurdle for most mfg's. that's where the new nortons are at now.....
  12. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Personally, I don't really understand the trend towards some of these 'old school look' bikes. The main driver that I've always found interesting is the constant technological development in new motorcycles; chassis, suspension, engine technology, etc. I also want my bike to look new as well. The only thing motorcycles were slower to the consumer market with has been fuel injection- but that's likely because they didn't have to meet as strict emission standards like cars did. With the exception of fuel injection, motorcycles have always been at the technological forefront of personal transportation. Cars- not so much.

That being said, I could see myself owning a bike or two from my youth, such as a '72 Honda 50- for nostalgia reasons. But I'd want the actual bike, not a modern stylistic rendering of one.

Many have said that because Detroit has been having success with retro look Camaros, Mustangs etc. that it's the thing to do. IMO it works for Detroit because cars in the 60's actually had beautiful timeless body designs & most car designs have sucked since then. Putting a modern drivetrain & chassis under a timeless car body design is icing on the cake.

Motorcycles didn't go thru a design dark age from about '72 til recently like cars did.
    With motorcycles, IMO modern ones have almost always looked better & certainly have worked better than the previous generations, so this approach doesn't work as well. Granted, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so take this all for what it's worth.
  13. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    The manufacture's do a valliant effort these days applying the common denominators to get our bucks....new beatles..camaro's..challengers...mini's and many others all aimed squarely at our demographic....

the trick is to entertain our mechanical senses while they take us for a trip down memory lane......

I would say no question the MOAB is aimed squarely at north america and the largest free market in the world....

I wasnt too keen on the NUDA when I saw it.....and I ride a 08 CBR1000rr....but the more I looked at it the more I like it.....lots of naked bikes these days didnt make sense to me...then I saw the BIMOTA DB9 Bravido..... and I have been changing my views

I find the MOAB a very interesting concept......the more I look the more I like....but for me it would be a city bike
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wish I´d bought a BSA CCM and kept my MAICO `cos I´d never be able to get them registered street legal today. But I can´t relate to Triumph or Husqvarna products that pretend to be something that just isn´t there any more.
  15. Chillybean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, SM630, 72 WR 250. 89 WR 250
    If They build it I will Buy it, way cooler than the Strada. Getting old skool stuff registered is easy, got my 68 DKW registered as an agricultural implement!
    cruising.jpg
  16. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

"Getting old skool stuff registered is easy"

Not here it isn´t! Either you´ve kept it on the register or ... once it´s off, it stays off.
  17. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

in germany, it's very easy to register anything "old", as long as the specific vehicle model was ever registered in germany. pm me for details.

r
  18. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Rasput.: They (TÜV) terll me that if it´s taken off the register ... it´s dead (I´ve pm´ed you as there´s a whole group of CCM bikers struggling.
  19. dualie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SM 610
    [IMG] Just discovered this bike online. Love it. If they release a street legal version, I would sell my SM610 and use the proceeds towards this bike.
  20. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    nice bike but the U.S. model as some mx wheel and front fender on it and it don't look right,it's just not a dirt bike.