Husqvarna Dealers Meeting

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Mike Kay, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would love to hear more about this event.
    When, where, who, how, etc.

I have a question, is there any way someone who lives, breaths, rides and races Huskys could attend as a guest?
  2. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Mike,
    I'm sure if you have a good relationship with your dealer, you could swing an invite. Atlanta GA is where it's going to be. I'm sure this is because new GM came from Triumph USA and has knows that area and how it can support this event.
    Norman
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That's pretty funny!

Dates?
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

not even if you are dating your dealer!!! Absoluteley not!
  6. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    It's being held for dealer personel only is my understanding and it will be held at a very secluded private riding facility for one day and business meetings in a hotel the other. The particulars have not been announced, only a date and general location as Husqvarna NA is still working out the details pronto.

Actually Mr Brady was afraid it might be perceived that way, but they were under the gun with just over 2 months to prep for such an event and through the grapevine he heard of a private secluded facility just outside of the ATL area that fullfilled his criteria (close to major airport/hotel and was available for exclusive functions within their schedule) Public riding areas require months of lead time for permits and insurance for such an event and then you have uncontrolled distractions which is not always good for a product launch. Most private facilities do not want to host an exclusive event closed to the public on a weekend and alienate any current clientel or such without a big price tag associated, so the pickens become slim, but I think most folks will be more then satisfied with the riding facility Husq NA ended up with for the dealer meet.
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This year? Month? Kinda sorta close to one of these?--> Labor day/Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas

If you can't say I understand, but quite curious. Not looking for exact date.
  8. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    early October, before Biketoberfest and in between GNCC's ;)
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Much thanks.

Even though I won't be there I'm trying to get certain things done before that.
  10. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hmmm. Thanks for the info. Keep us posted.
    Heck yeah i am gonna try to get an invite!
    This event is just the kind of thing that needs to be captured with a blog section!
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The perception is not bad, but just a reality that Mr. Brady's grapevine runs back to the area he previously lived and rode. If he came from New England, his grapevine might have lead him there. Georgia should be a good location in October, as the last press launch in NY was cold and wet. Nice thing after the last press launch in NY, they took the Husky semi to the nearest dealer(located at Thunder Ridge MX and Off road Park) and did an open to the public demo ride. We didn't get to ride everything, because the press bikes were going to be shipped to the mags One of the Factory test riders from Italy gave me a Jersey, so I was happy. Edit: I know this is about a dealer meeting and not a press launch, but as you know Husky hasn't had a dealer meeting in a long time.
    Norman
  12. mcinfantry Husqvarna
    B Class

i was told around oct 2,3,4
  13. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

No, it is for Dealers only

I have had the missfortune of attending a dealers meeting where customers were allowed to attend (husaberg) and it was a disaster that lasted a year.
    Yes, we get to see and ride the new stuff, but it is not all fun and games. There are meetings and conferences about how to make money and how much we can expect to make. There is confidential information being passed around that is not intended for the consumer.
    As much as we would all like to think that dealers can exist for your pleasure and manufacturers don't need to make any money, thats is not the truth.
    As an enthusiast who ended up owning a dealership, I have had to learn that if I want to stay in business, I need to make money. 1000 franchised motorcycle dealerships closed their doors in 2007. I don't want to do the same in 2008. These meetings are for dealers to get the information we need to sell you a bike and take care of it in the future, not for customers to have a free ride.

I will post anything I can during the meeting. Maybe the dealers on the forum should start a thread where we can post photos and any info that we are allowed to share.
  14. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    It just makes sense that a Dealers meeting would be just for Dealers.

And..Dealers need to make a profit too! Hey I don't go to work for free.:D

I have no problem in supporting my local Dealers who give me good service.
  15. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Frankly, I don't give a rat's petutie about when the freakin' meeting is. What I want to know is the exact day my new TXC will hit my dealer's showroom floor. That would be a more improtant date to me. Both of the dealers in my state expect to have them by late Oct.-early Nov. is this going to be the case, or do I have to wait until freakin' March like with the 08's?.

Can I get an amen???
  16. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    all indications are the 09 TXC's will be available mid Oct to Nov (after their introduction at the dealers meet) There are a few new 09 models (TXC's, TE310, WR's) supposedly in production this month and it takes 4-6 weeks to arrive after they are produced in Italy.

As for the dealer meeting, I'd love to share tons, but since it's Husqvarna's parade I'll share what they share as it comes down the line.
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I understand your concerns about customers at a Dealer Meeting. Inviting general public to meeting is silly on all accounts. As I said above it was cool for Husky to do an event for the public, after the Press intro a few years ago.

You'd be suprised how many "Dealer Staff" at a KTM Dealer Meeting are customers. At that.... a lot of legtimate staff at a bike shop are not privy to the owners dealer pricing and floor plan arrangement, they just know the "bottom line price" they can go to on a sale. A customer that gets an invite to such a function is usually pretty savy and understands business. On staying in business.... Paul Clipper had a great editorial in Trail Rider a few years ago, about the need to support small dealers, by not expecting the "Racer Discount" for all customers.
    Norman
  18. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

My suggestion to Husqvarna:
    Make this more than a dealers meeting. Make it a coming out event. A re-launch. A reckoning.

I can think of all kinds of folks other than 'Husky Dealers' who need to find out more about where the brand is going:

Racers.
    No not the guy at the local hare scrambles. The guy at the Baja 1000, the Dakar Rally, the guy chasing a national series, flat tracking, or road racing a SMR450. The guy at Hangtown on a Husky. The guys who spend $20, 40, 60K a year racing the brand. These arent 'enthusiasts' bikes. 'Enthusiasts' ride DRz400s and CRF450s. Husky makes exclusive race bikes.

After-market.
    More than one small time guy is staking his future on the brand, witness Kelley for example. Same too with larger aftermarket companies. Yes, IMS should be there, Marzocchi USA, as well-and many others.

Press.
    With the almost unique in history upswing of the brand there is a swirl of rumors and curiosity about Husky/BMW right now. Time to set the stories straight.

BMW dealers-both car and motorcycle should be aware of the Husky brand and where its going. Thats the whole point of BMW buying Husky, right, to re-brand the greater BMW image.

In short--this thing should be more than just a few Husky dealers swapping stories on how to use the new parts warehouse. It needs to be a prime force to set straight the re-awakening.

Push it back to November. Rent a bigger facility. Set up a seperate meeting for dealers on day one. Then step it up.

The dealer meeting should just be part of a week long Husky-A-Thon. :)
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mike,
    I'll take a little exception to this comment...... Our "local" hare scrambles series is 17 races and includes a National. In the very recent past, a dealer(Bottones) supported Husky rider won the Championship 2 years running on a CR250, not a "Class" Championship, the Grand Overall Championship. Too bad Husky kind of dropped the ball in '03 and some of these local riders went to KTM. I think this guy might deserve to be there. I have no idea what or who the "guy at Hangtown" is and how he fits in the picture? There are differences west to east.
    Norman
  20. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Personnally, I think the existing dealer base would prefer for Husqvarna to just get their house in order.... so they can get back to doing business as it was prior to the transfer of ownership.

Also it would make more sense to get their regional reps hired and out on the street doing the traveling road show with each dealer one-on-one. Find out what everyones gripes are and let them know they are there to fix it and be their ally in growing their bussiness.

As it is now most dealers won't be attending... unless Husqvarna picks up all the expenses including airfare, hotel and meals.

If it was me... I'd just hold off doing the dealer meeting until DealerExpo in Indianapolis IN when most of their dealers will already be there seeing the hottest new things in the industry.

Do it a day early at one of the Airport hotels and focus on the 2010 model year... this way the reps have had a chance to clean up the mess, develop strong relationships and coddle them both at the dealer meeting and throughout DealerExpo.

It would also be pretty cool seeing Red Husqvarna Shirts throughout DealerExpo the entire week.

Cool way to get additional buzz and maybe even target new dealers.

Just Saying.

BlipBlip