Husqvarna Dealers Meeting

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Mike Kay, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280

While on most of that I could go either way, I'll go out on a limb and say the location went way above and beyond any of Scot Harden's expectations as he viewed and rode it for the first time yesterday. The location is more the capable of accomodating 2-3 times the current dealer body attendees and it's combination of logistics and variety is key. Scot's excitement was contageous for the marque and now the dealer event.

Gotta start somewhere and they are doing what they can under BMW's umbrella of policies. For instance Scot H isn't on the payroll until Sept 8th, but he's been knocking on doors and ramping up for his new job on his own for the past couple of weeks, out of his own pocket nonetheless. I'd be bitching too if everyone was sitting on their hands whining in Husky Corporate, but I can attest they are all putting in long hard days and focusing very hard to ramp up.

Let's let them get started the way they want to (there's also alot of Italian/German influence don't forget) and allow them to focus on the dealer network who are viewed as business partners in the new Husqvarna North America, LLC and hang on for a wild ride to come.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That's what I'm seeing from my end. Tons of work being done as fast as possible but things take time. And the future, to me, looks quite bright.
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont think that the dealer meeting will be real fun. I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of upset dealers who will be wanting to know when they are going to receive parts or units.
  4. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husky is going to feed them so much BBQ and Beer on the riding day before the business meetings that all the angst will be left on the trail :p
  5. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think if I was inviting people over for a party... I'd make sure my house was clean and in order.

You know how people talk after a few drinks.

Just saying
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

You know what they say, "the people who say whats on their mind are kids and drunks".

Get a couple of guys all boozed up and they will be getting quite the earfull.
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Sounds like Scott Harden will be there, and my guess would be BMWHusky Atlanta, who else might be going? Scotty R?
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am 80% sure I will be there. Not sure if I am going to drive (16 hrs) or fly ($$).
  9. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm buying my ticket tomorrow.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Bobby,
    Your in a good position right now due to geography(close to the dealer meeting) and maybe, your position as a large BMW dealer and now a Husky dealer. You're getting lots of info and contact, but many long time Husky dealers are not getting anywhere near this level of info and attention. So don't be suprised that some of the dealers on this forum and their customers are seeing it a little dfferent. We all hope that Scot will now work on getting this level of info to the whole dealer network between now and the dealer meeting. As Blip Blip says...."It will be all good!"
    Norman
    Norman
  11. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Norm hit the nail on the head. Many longtime dealers are royally pissed with the new regime.

I doubt Bobby would be as positive if he was getting a dozen calls a day from upset customers wanting to know where their parts are?

Rob Keith is trying his best to get the ship righted but his bat isnt as big as it was at Cagiva and things are moving at an unacceptably slow pace.
  12. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    My own TXC has been out of commission waiting on one part or another over the past 2 1/2 months, chit happens and getting all pissy isn't going to get me or anyone else anywhere. We've ransacked other dealers for parts HuskyNA doesn't have or come up with other solutions, but we have customers waiting on parts too, we are just able to tell them what we do know and fortunately no drama episodes as a result. Sometimes it's how you present the situation and folks will surprise you with their understanding (not always though)
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I must say I think this thread is going to a strange location,,,,,this is a Husqvarna dealers meeting , a business meeting and thats it. You guys want to know about the Nav Air planes I work with, good I will show you and tell you about them,, you guys want to just tag along while we discuss business strategy and aircraft tactical deployment schedules because you are fans of the aircraft?? Sorry you need to stay home for that one. I am sure with with new marketing strategy Husky will have and support local Husky days and other such events, they have have riders school and Husky gathering deals in EU. This is a business meeting . That is my take, Robert
  14. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Someone needs to go there ask the question. It's high time they quit b.s.'ing around and get this transfer of ownership moving in the right direction. I want a 2009 TXC so damned bad I can already smell the exhaust, but if I gotta wait until next year to get one, or a part for one, I'm gonna be looking elsewhere as badly as I hate to say that. I have been looking & 2009 promises to be a major year for all the manufacturers. Everyone has some slick new stuff out there (excpet for Suzuki) and if they don't get their "chit" in line & settle all these issues, I'm going to let them worry about the issues and buy a bike I can get parts for and in Nov., not April. Please let us know what you find out about these issues at the dealers' meeting. Looking forward to hearing about it.

-mx'er
  15. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    We already have a good indication that we will see 09 TXC's on the dealer floors after the Dealer meet in Oct, now whether attending dealers get first crack at them will be the question in my mind.
  16. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

TXC? Do people really buy them?

I have had a 2008 TXC sitting on my floor for a year, I don't even think that it, or the TC, or the WR, or the CR even have had any possible buyers. Most of the riders here buy TE's
  17. wulf22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Send the TXC's east. I can't find one in my area (upstate NY).
  18. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    I "might" be up that way in two weeks with truck/trailer, how many do you want? :D
  19. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Wooooohooooo !! YEAH BABY DAMN RIGHT !! (fist pump, fist pump)

I wish there was a smiley for peeing in my pants, because I think I just did. Make sure you tell them to send mine to Wilmington, NC. I can give them full directions to my dealer if they need. Let me know & I'll meet the truck there. In fact, I'll camp out on the sidewalk the night before
    and light a bonfire in the parking lot just to make sure the truck can find the place once he's within 30 miles of it.

Wooooohooooo !! YEAH BABY DAMN RIGHT !! (double fist pump, double fist pump, double fist pump)

Oooooh, I that's the best news I've had since I found out the second one was going to be a boy too and my wife had to take all that pink girl shit back to the stores...I think I love you man.
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It's a bit of a drive, but I think Bottones has a couple of TXC's left. They are just over the border from Olean NY.
    www.bottonesjobetcycles.com