Husqvarna Dealers Meeting

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Mike Kay, Aug 18, 2008.

1. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cagiva really dropped the ball on the TXCs. They were supposed to be sold out and I know that I turned away at least 6 guys that had cash in hand wanting to buy one. Some bought TEs, others bought KTMs.

Mysteriously, a bunch of TXCs were "found" at the warehouse in June after I was told in April that I couldnt get any more regardless of how many I had pre-sold. By that time, all the guys who wanted TXCs had bought something else.
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This months dirt bike had a Husky/Meo/Team CH Racing story that showed oodles of TXC's waiting to go to USA. Also 144 CR's too as well as the other stuff we all know of. Dealers please do your best to improve your business and the marque and also voice our general issues (you guys know what issues I mean.........the basics.........not the "my 610 sometimes is hard to start and you won't warranty it and blah blah blah" type issues can get filed in the crapper for now.)

Best of luck dealers and shoot em while they are up and don't drink too much.........remember the old popcorn and pretzels scam at the bar!

Joe
  3. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

I was in the Husqvarna factory in October of 2007 and there were 50 or so USA TXC's parked in a row.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Could one of you fine Husqvarna dealers do us all a favor?

Could you ask about putting the shop manuals on the Husqvarna website? They are certainly not making any money when they charge $10 per CD.

According to the website and previous discussions Scot Harden is the national sales manager and Mark Brady is the President of Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC, and my impression is that at least Scot will be there.

Anyone know if Mark might be there?
  5. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

husqvarna-motorcycles.uk

the UK Husqvarna site has the manuals. I have so many other issues I doubt I will ask.
    As a dealer, I would rather not have the repair manuals on the web site. Owners and Parts manuals are different, but I have seen more minor problems turn into a major problem when a bike owner, or worst, the owners friend who used to be a tech 20 years ago at a lawnmower shop, tries to fix the bike. First off, I you try to fix it first, there is no warranty, second off, Husqvarnas manuals are full of mistakes and with out experience in all of the current models an owner may not relize the torque spec he is reading has been converted wrong and is 7 times what is should be. (te 610 manual)
    If I am sent CD's, I can copy them and hand them to the customer along with advice and my parts guys card.
    I don't think dirt bike maintenance should be left to the dealer as with most street bikes, but I like to try to make sure the gus doing thier own maintenance don't break the bike. If we give people bad info, the bike breaks, the owner blames it on the bike, and the reputation of the brand goes away.
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

What he said...
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Well ok.... As the story goes Aladdin got the magic lamp with 3 wishes, it would be nice if one of those wishes was for more wishes...

What I'm trying to suggest is to build up your personal networks i.e. trade business cards. But I'm sure that was already in everyone's plans, I just felt stating the obvious.
  8. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Pretty much all of HSQ NA and even the Pres of Husky IT will be in attendance at the dealer meet.

There is alot of good info in the pipeline and some that even really surprised me, not my story to tell so we'll be hearing a whole bunch of chatter after next weekend. HSQ NA is still working on launching a NA specific website or at least section on the Italian site. :thumbsup:
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Pres of Husky Italy better bring some '09 bikes in his checked luggage!:busted:
  10. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I could only find the Parts Manuals, and thanks for pointing that out. No luck on Service Manuals as per Coffees request. If anyone knows where i can find a Service Manual online please let me know.

In '06 ('05?) Husky did have both Parts and Service Manuals on their website. I still have some of those saved if anyone needs a copy. :thumbsup:
  11. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Did you save the manuals for the 01 Husky Boy SR.? Those are the ones I have been looking for.
  12. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont have any Husky Boy stuff at all.
  13. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

I though they sent us husky boy paper manuals, but they are not in the library. I think a sales guy we fired may have grabbed them since he was they only one whos kid has one. I will look around a bit more.
  14. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

SO lets have a report from the meeting.

questions:

Is there a '09 TE 610, or has it been axed?

How was the food?

Did anyone crash?
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I hope not, just when it seems to be gaining momentum!!!

K
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Might want to let the planes land first :lol:
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I was hoping for "real time" web broadcast......
    Norman
  18. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

Here is what I received from a reliable source.
    1. They rode the 4 strokes on Sunday and the TXC 250 was the group favorite.
    2. The commitment to the brand and all forms of racing was very exciting.
    3. They were riding the two strokes today and then a technical meeting.
  19. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Not exactly,

Dealer rides were on Sunday, all 08's and TXC 250, TC250/450, TE250/450/510, WR250 and CR125 were on the menu for the day.

Riding day started out with some pulled pork sandwiches and a rider's briefing. Then it was off to a 2-3 mile loop on some very technical jeep trails and not so technical tight single track mixed in. There was a novice MX track for the MX bikes. After 4 hours of riding all the models, it was time for BBQ chicken quarters and all the fixins to go with it including a couple kegs of beer and some local shine.

I must say my personal high light of the whole event was Malcolm Smith's participation and the fact he rode many many laps without an issue and a great attitude, it's hard not to like the guy if you wanted to do something crazy like that. After dinner was served, the sun went down and the troopers got to watch "On Any Sunday" on the out door projection screen with the N GA starlight sky and a lake as the back ground around a campfire no less. After the movie, Malcolm shared some of his stories and cut himself short as he didn't want to bore us (way too humble that guy).

Monday was the business portion of the meeting where everyone had to opportunity to voice concerns and questions after the morning presentation, it was much quieter then expected as the presentation was pretty thorough on where HSQ has been, where they are now, and where they are going.
  20. Zim Husqvarna
    A Class

Sounds very hard to take,riding BSing and eating,some of my favourite things