Husqvarna makes big move! Futures Sales Predicted At 40,000 A Year!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by BlipBlip!, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

I stand corrected, thanks Norm.
    Being A.D.D sure has it's down side. I read 40,000 but that was only half the year. :doh:
  2. Sir,

I'm pretty confident I'm echoing the sentiments of the majority of forum users here. We're glad you stepped forward to shape Husqvarna's future.

And I imagine I'm also echoing folks' sentiment that if anybody is capable of developing a core vision for the company that honors its traditions while, at the same time, focuses on an innovative and positive future while navigating the competing demands that could derail that vision, it's you & your experiences that will give Husqvarna its best shot.

I'm a victim of my experiences and I've had bad experiences with BMW in the past. I think they stack a lot of talent in their marketing departments but seem to shortchange other departments (i.e., engineering, operations, logistics). I would hate to see that happen to Husqvarna. What you've stated about BMW's support & attitude is encouraging. I simply hope they continue with that role.

I'm sure with you at the helm, we're in for some pleasant developments & initiatives over the next few years even in spite of the economic situation and survival-first priorities.

Thank you for posting here, sir. That says a lot.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I guess mini's were around when I was young, but they were mostly Rupp's. Never had one, first bike was full size Ducati 50cc 2 stroke when I was 13. Then a Ducati 250 4 stroke at 16. I turned out okay.:eek:
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :D See? Now, that's what I'm talkin' about.:thumbsup:
  5. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

If Husqvarna wanted to get into the kid market quick, I'd just pick-up one of the quality asian pit-bike lines (yes there are quality manufactures believe it or not) and add Husky styled plastic.

It would be real inexpensive to do and both kids and their dads would jump at it.

Just something to think about :)
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I like that KTM bought Husaberg and used them for the innovative out side of the box engineering / thinking and then supported it and refined it / made it reliable. I can see husky being BMW's berg. That i could live with. Still unique, cool, innovative, cutting edge yet with the backing to be reliable and maintainable. As the same guy, who has posted here, was most likely part of that effort it is a good possibility that is exactly what is going on. I like it.

We all need to give BMW / Husky a chance to sort this out. I know dealers are not happy with the parts situation, neither are us customers. You can bet they are getting an ear full. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I hope that part of the equation gets fixed ASAP.

I'm crossing my finger Husky survives this intact and is the better for it. They have the right guy at the helm and has been there seen that. Hopefully he has the fortitude to deal with the Germans and make it a reality. We love the brand and are a passionate bunch, speak loud (like you are doing here) so the powers that be understand their customers needs.

Oh, and where is my stinking EFI WR200?

K
  7. HuskyT Moderator

I would jump at that and know about 5 other dads in my immediate circle of riding buddies that would do the same...it would then spread like a wildfire and we would start seeing all kinds of kids on Husky 50's at the local SoCal Desert OHV spots and tracks......

T
  8. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Husqvarna makes the very best street legal dirt bikes available in the USA. The TE line is untouchable by any of the Japanese brands. KTM's EXC's are comparable but to much money and they don't include a couple basics I think should be on all dual sports, a rad. fan and skid plate.

I don't know a whole lot on the BMW acquisition, the sales numbers and all that. I hope for the best for Husqvarna. I think BMW was a blessing. I do know the TE line is a blessing from a company that I feel really cares for it's customers. The people I ride with buy plated bikes now. No more plating a dirt bike in CA has made a factory plate a must.

My next bike will be another Husky. I hope all my friends new bikes will be Husky's to. :thumbsup:
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Mine too, if I manage to get another bike. I can't have too many now; there's still a little garage floor showing.:lol:
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Actually I've been thinking about this a lot since yesterday and think that is a good idea.

Little bikes don't need to be high performance or be exotic. If they don't want to actually sell the bikes they could have a plastics manufacturer tool up some plastics with graphics for a certain model/brand and suggest people buy the specified 50cc bike and the specified plastics - "build your kid a Husky - think different!".

Or the squeaky wheel might get ignored cause it has been squeaking for a long long time.

There is a brand new way to give input - the Feedback forum. I would not have put that up without a reason, that took much effort to implement. Huge.

If I had a bike that needed some parts without any indication of delivery of those parts I'd put something like this in there:
    "I understand sometimes glitches happen and parts suppliers can be problematic at times but if I just had a clue when the _____ parts would be available then I could adjust my schedule accordingly."

11. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

ya... something like this!

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

As usual your photo shop skills are par excellance. :thumbsup:

That said i gotta disagree with y'all. Hell its been at least a day since i last disagreed. :cheers:

I wanna see a mini electric. Thats the future. Thats what our kids should be training on. Nice and quiet for the neighborhood. Safe and sane. Cheap. Less toxic exposure. And a great way to introduce the future of our sport to the future riders.

Ive got a 3.5 year old. She will be getting an electric mini bike for her 4th bday. I only wish it could be a Husky. Even just a branded mini from another manufacturer.

A branded mini electric would give the brand pizzazz. It would steal KTM's thunder, at least a bit. They are coming out with an electric bike. Why arent we?
  13. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here this should make some noise for you!

[IMG]

:lol:
  14. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

First time i saw that was '06? On TT.

My response was:

"there goes the neighborhood!" :lol:

wife just called. i gotta go get some chicken and terriyaki sauce. catch y'all later. :thumbsup:
  15. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

I kind of agree, my kids are getting brain washed in school everyday.

It's as though it's all part of a larger social indoctrination to something much bigger.

A lot more is going to change in the next four years and our form of recreation will have to evolve along the way.

Electric is good, cheap electric is even better.

This company is on to something: http://www.osetbikes.com/Pages/Products/Bikes1.html
  16. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  18. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Electric motorcycles? Could they be anything more then a backyard/parking lot ride? Would you really be taking it on a 100 mile ride through some of the gnarliest stuff on earth? Baja anyone?
  19. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

husqvarna's makes big move

about the parts situation ?????? love to hear an answer to that one..... :banghead::banghead::banghead:
  20. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Parts?

I haven't had any problems as of recently.

Then again my Husky doesn't ever break.

JustSaying