Husqvarna makes big move! Futures Sales Predicted At 40,000 A Year!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by BlipBlip!, Apr 29, 2009.

1. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/_vti_g5_mh.aspx?rpstry=167_

JustSayen.
  3. racermx66 Husqvarna
    A Class

Maybe BMW will focus on the street side of things and have Husky for the off-road bikes. Husky couldn't have survived longer under Cagiva's debt. 40,000 units is a lofty goal but with the way states are cracking down on registering dirt bikes, Husky could end up near those numbers.
  4. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been waiting months for parts from my dealer. Ended up buying somewhere else, but still waiting for my pre-paid parts.
  5. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep. Athena kits for several years. Before that, Uptite big bore kits. We have 660 kits for the 570 as wel....

Here in Cali we have only 20 models soo far this year.

Just sayin. :thumbsup:
  7. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R

Injecting some Italian R&D into BMW's off-road efforts is an excellent move.

Isn't Varese Italy where MV Agusta is?
  8. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, the Husqvarna complex is across the lake from the MV Agusta factory and it was just recently that all the production lines were finally moved to the Husqvaran facility from all the different MV Agusta facilities in the area.

Inject Italian R&D into BMW? I think it would be a lot easier and successful to just put Juha and Knight on Husqvarna's

JustSaying:)
  9. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Dang Mike, any optimism with HSQ in your mind?

I don't think many understand the hurdle of taking over the parts distribution network for even a small dealer network like HSQ NA. While we have had our own frustrations, parts really haven't been that bad in our experiences and they are getting better and better everyday as they implement new processes and abilities. They are modelling their parts distribution similar to BMW's and BMW is top notch for parts availability, tracking and ordering. I guess of the HSQ dealerships, only a handful have direct experience with the backend BMW business and have some hope for a very good parts network 6-12 months from now.

As for electric mini bikes, batteries contain ALOT of lead, so that still not going to work under the current BS lead content laws.

Progress takes time and I really have a positive outlook for the whole picture here and I too can smell sour grapes far before many others, for whatever that's worth.

Again folks, the 40,000 units a year is capacity, not a "goal". They have invested alot of money into their new facility, alot of which was very rushed and last minute to pull off due to the previous relations with MV/Cagiva and such. The 40k capacity is something worth bragging about, but the statement should not be read into as anything more then that. At the current sales figures though, it's not that far out of the realm of possibility to perhaps double the units produce for 08 by 2011 is my guess. Homolugation and the campaigning of the new TC250 should do alot for HSQ and who knows what they have up their sleeves for a newer large displacement thumper.

Time will tell,..... so "get in, shut up and HOLD ON" as the old saying goes. :notworthy: (relax Mike Kay, it's a reference to a popular bumper sticker :excuseme: )

As for the idea of electric mini bikes, batteries contain ALOT of lead, so I don't see how that hurdle can be crossed with current youth/lead content regulations unfortunately.
  10. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I am chewing off the end of my tongue right now to not say anything about my experience and the rides I am missing out on right now.

Husky, you have 2 days to get back to me or I am going to BURST. :censored:
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I think you should see if Tasky's can go through your bike to see if something is else, like the ignition is bad. If your really unhappy, see if Jeff will take it back and get that Husaberg.
  13. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

1) kids bikes with lithium ion battery packs. no lead. :thumbsup:

2) "shut up" ?
    probably not the best choice of words. Im thinking/hoping you meant that as an expression. But it brings up some thoughts in my mind.
    I have to wonder if the presense of Husky corporate on this site will induce folks to hammer down guys like me, and so win some points with the bosses. It feels that way. But for sure im paranoid.

If it gets that way with Husky - then i will go with Sherco or Gas Gas. I want passion and a cool vibe, and a mom and pop type feel to my passions. Not some corporate media controlled games and more games big brother. We rejected the corupt magazines with sites like this. Why would I want a lame vibe corporate controlled dirt bike?

Not saying thats where Husky will end up. Thats one possibility. This could all go well, or not. Time will tell.

3) I had an idea today. The new '10 TE610/650 whatever is THE BIG TEST.

IF BMW forces Husky to take their big heavy overbuilt 650 motor and make a "parts bin bike" (thats what the mags will call it), then i will sell my Huskys and go with Sherco. It will mean the end is here. The germans will suffocate the Italians. Thats how detroit lost the game. Bean counters took over.
    BUT--if BMW truly wants Husky to innovate and remain a passionate little hard core race bike company, and so goes with the Husaberg/KTM business model: then they will come out with something similar to the Tamborini DOHC 650 we saw at EICMA a couple years ago--and so all will be fine with the universe. An in house Husky designed updated bike with a gunsite from birth. I will buy the first one available in Cali.

I figure either way i will know by this falls EICMA show. Thats where one way or another its gonna flush out. :excuseme:
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    tried to give the lemon back, no can do. (asked to trade for the WR300 demo bike which has a lot more use than my WR125) Not the dealers fault, Taskys rules. Kas on this site nailed my issue and the fix (powervalve). husky has known about this and even issues a bulletin over a month ago and still sent a bike to me knowing there were issues. I missed an epic enduro last weekend i have been waiting all year for, will miss another race this weekend and possibly a big ride over memorial day week camp/ride with great friends. This is not to mention the two frustrating rides i have already botched and the hours trying different carbs, needle, slide etc. It runs good on the bottom and rips at the very top with a gigantic hole in the mid range. It is a struggle to shift up past 3rd on a uphill logging road. Pretty embarrassing for me and husky when I show up for rides on a 95 ATK 406 when people know i just bought an 09 husky I sold an amazing 08 TXC450 to get and that I build husky parts for a living. Would not be such a huge deal if i was not an avid 2-3 times a week rider and ride with a lot of people promoting the brand. Husky/ BMW seems to ignore any inquiries by me or the dealer. I have bought 6 bikes in the last 4 years and am responsible for MANY sales. Regardless, no one should have to just eat a bike that is not right from the factory with no support or recourse. I have been a HUGE husky supporter for many years, this takes the cake. No power valves in inventory as of today. Race i have waited since last year this weekend is not going to happen. This is all very unfortunate. There are three close friends and several other guys waiting to see if this gets sorted out that were waiting, money in hand to try mine and buy one. One of those guys is close to buying a KTM (he is a member here) It's a shame.

I sound like a big whinny baby and that's just not me.

Kelly
  15. What better customer could a motorcycle company ask for? And despite having a goldmine of influence in their (Husqvarna's) lap, there's little responsiveness to serious issues.

This is the big pivot point for me - the degree of responsiveness that develops from having BMW's backing. I don't give a hoot about whether they build some jazzy sub-300 lb 650 twin trail rocket for '10 that's been endorsed by some racer with scientifically engineered race DNA and guaranteed to make you a competitor at Erzberg or LMS.

If the customer service practices of BMW, which are startlingly similar to what's described above, are adopted by Husqvarna in an effort to "join the team", then it really doesn't matter to me if they have Juha or Knighter on their bike or their catalogs make me want to run to the dealer to buy into a "dream". I work too hard for my money to fritter it away with an amateur outfit who's just peddling glossy brochures for $8,000.

Like I said earlier, I think it will be a fight to keep Husqvarna Husqvarna. I am VERY hopeful that if anybody is credentialed enough to navigate the competing influences over the direction of Husqvarna, HR's the man & will succeed.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I hope Scot Harden can have the influence and power within the company to do the amazing things he did with KTM. If they over look that and their customers it's going to be a tough road. I think we here are an excellent cross section of the husqvarna customer and they would do well to take notice of whats important short term and long term. I speak with lots of dealers on a daily basis and there is not a lot of happiness at that end ether. Come on BMW, keep the dream alive... Please. We can live with the quirkyness, in fact we love it, just don't turn it into a corporate "we know better than you what you want" company.

- The punch in the ribs with this whole ordeal for me is the utter lack of communication to my dealer or myself. Left in the dark.
  17. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

husky

seems Blip Blip and BMW atlanta are the only ones not having problems getting parts. amazing. having worked in the industry years ago I see little reason common parts, especially ones used across the majority of models can't be in stock in N.A. rotor button, sprocket bolts, etc. no power valves or rebuild parts for one. pretty sad. I am tired of hearing of the excuse that the rebuilding process is in progress.. a year to put together the warehouse...??? :excuseme::excuseme::excuseme::excuseme:
  18. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

It all depends on who your dealer is.

Some dealers do a real good job stocking high ware parts and others stock everything.

Then there's dealers who stock nothing and order their customer parts as needed.

Then you have dealers who wait until they have 10 or 20 different items in an order before they send it in to Husqvarna... sometimes this can take weeks (especially if the dealer doesn't move a lot of product) . The problem is when that happens the dealer makes up an excuse that the parts are on backorder and in reality the order was never sent in.... if you have a problem with the dealer saying it's on back order... ask to see the back order form.

Just something to think about.
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    My dealer (Bottone's) isn't having a problem. His fill rate for regular order parts is 100%. The '09 WR125 upgrade kit and WR300 jet kits are the problem right now for him, but these are new upgrades, not regular parts. I just ordered an extra Stock '09 WR125 tank for P3 to use for modeling purposes. Bottone's had it in 2 days and P3 had it 2 days later.

It's still the dealer to a degree..... I went through this about 7 years ago. The dealer I used before Bottone's kept telling me engine parts I needed were on back order. I finally called another dealer hoping they might have them in stock. He said no, but looked them up and said they were in stock at Husky and he could have them in a day. I ordered them and then called my other dealer..... he told me they were still on back order and those Italians couldn't get the parts situation together. What was his problem, a parts balance at Cagiva he didn't want to pay? I'll never know.

Maybe a dealer who tells you a part is on BO, is looking at where he is in his GE Financing parts billing cycle before they order parts? Since Husky has had parts issues in the past, some dealers use Husky as the scape goat for their own short comings parts wise.
  20. And for me, what all this gets after is there seems to be no regional managers (or at least energetic ones) who are interfacing between the dealers and the headquarters in both a push-pull function. Pushing policy / warranty trends / procedures / etc to the dealers and advocating for them (pulling) with the corporate offices.

I'm not familiar with powersports company management structures but I can see when there is a slew of dealers who are left to sink or swim. When you run into a good dealer, it's usually a result of individual initiative and experience of one of the managers (general, service, sales, parts) and NOT because of a regional boss whose job it is to help standardize, refine and troubleshoot business amongst the 10-15 dealerships that he "owns".

I would think that it'd be easy to find some smart powersports enthusiasts who would do a good job simply circulating amongst the shops to help spread the word about recurring maintenance issues, good maintenance techniques for the mechanics, successful sales initiatives, blah, blah, blah......

Oh well, I gotta run to work and take care of MY people :thumbsup::applause: .