1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc "NEW" 2010 WR144

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

I have not even considered riding my KTM in the last month... I have someone who wants it... It's as good as gone as far as I'm concerned...
    huskybear likes this.
  2. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bump.....................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I rode about 50 miles yesterday and today ... I had a few hours of "ME" time and took advantage of it... I'm coming to the end of a weeks vacation that we were on the road and I really needed a good romp in the woods to feed my need.... With that being said I really have to update how I feel about my new Husky... I really learned something real important about riding this bike in the sand here in Jersey.... This bike just flat out rips through the crazy sand we have here and I really learned that I'm not bad at riding in it.... I dreaded the sand that just seemed to swallow me up in the past... I also learned the power band on this bike just finds a way to keep me upright when I should be on my ass in this stuff.. I'll also say it again how much faster I'm riding in the real tight winding tree to tree and whooped out stuff.... I can honestly say that I'm riding at a comfort level that I never rode at in any time of my life.... Yesterday was an example..... One of my riding buddies who normally waits for me a some places could not shake me..And when I led he could not pass me.... And for the record this is not a bragging post about me..... It's just an update on how great the Husky I bought has helped me really enjoy riding again...
    john01, ray_ray and huskybear like this.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good to hear. They are very forgiving and FUN!
    huskybear likes this.
  4. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just a little follow up on the crossover fuel reserve setup. It's great in theory, but doesn't work. At least it didn't at the hare scramble I just rode on Sunday. The motor died halfway through the fifth and final lap. I wasn't quick enough to open the other valve to prevent the motor stalling, but I managed to restart. I only made it another 1/4 mile or so before I was out again. I think because the course was rough, the fuel was splashing back and forth, and it was enough to basically empty out both sides before the float bowl emptied all the way. Having both taps will certainly allow me to use all the capacity of the tank, but I won't be relying on a reserve capacity any more.
  5. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

Other then the fuel issue the course at Sahara is a lot of fun to ride isn't it ?? I was gonna ride it but it was raining pretty hard here in Monmouth County and I bailed at the last minute.... But I have ridden it a bunch of times and I really like that place.... I'm gonna help the guys from OCCR with the enduro tomorrow....
  6. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

The PBER HS at Sahara Sands was awesome. The weather held off with the exception of a light drizzle at the beginning of the main event, but I never fogged up, and I never had to wipe my goggles. Temps in the high 50s kept me from getting too hot. In fact, the conditions ended up being ideal. No mud, the deep sand had enough moisture in it to make it easier to navigate, and zero dust. Awesome race.

I'll be riding the 165 at OCCR tomorrow. Row 30!
  7. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

I'm gonna do a check and I'm gonna ride sweep ..... I'll be looking for another Husky in the woods...
  8. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have had this bike a little over a year now and I have really learned how to ride at another level consistently and fast. I know what it will do in the soggy rooted stuff and I love this thing in the sand. It took me a while to learn to ride it in the deep sand but I did and this tweener is a blast in it. I have to say every time I ride it, I seem to find something new it will do even on trails I've ridden a lot. From the ability to pop the front wheel up a little in a deep rutted turns while up on the pegs to flick it where I want to to go to gassing the crap out of it in nasty whoops and feeling like I'm floating on air. And this thing is a little beast in the tight stuff as well. I may still get a stabilizer for it to deflect the hard hits off trees but I'm still up in the air about it. In a nut shell, I'm having way to much fun on this bike and it must be illegal to enjoy something like this that much.:eek: I'm sure the state of New Jersey will pass some kind of law to say riders can't enjoy themselves that much. :lol:

There may be a better bike out there, but I'd be hard pressed to find one in this class of bike. My KTM is a lonely step child these days.:cheers:
    huskybear and sabortooth like this.
  9. HSrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had a chance to get out a little bit on the 13 WR125 this weekend as a 125 and I have to say it was a blast. I ran out of time when prepping it to check the jetting or the suspension settings but the bike worked pretty well. It's so freakin light weight it's crazy and it handles unbelieveable. Hope to get out again this weekend and have to say the grin on my face about this bike is too cool. I'll try to post up my thoughts in a new thread once time permits.

It was just to much fun :D
  10. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I just bought a 13 wr125 also and was wondering how it would run stock. I am going to convert it to 165 off parts on my 2008cr165 but not sure if I have time before I go on 2 week riding trip and want to take bike but worried it might run like crap like older w125 were famous for. I do not need it perfect even ok would be fine.
  11. retromlc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250i 2018
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta Evo 250 4/
    i have a '13 WR125 and am just running it in,I'm racing it tomorrow,i'll give my feedback,my thoughts so far are that it has plenty low down so will be good in the woods,and seems to take off high up,BUT it wont lighten the front wheel on the throttle,so when you come across a hole in the trail and you just wanna float the front over it,like my KTM 200EXC(modified engine) used too so far i've had to take the hit on the hole.