New Husqvarna being announced today!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ScottyR, Jan 20, 2012.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    i vote you dartyppyt for president of BMVARNA!
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    sorry bout that people, too many goldies!
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I personally like it, but it looks a lot like a re-skinned 650 BMW to me. 2009-bmw-g-650-x-country-3_460x0w.jpg
  4. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

For my $0.02, I think its kinda cool. Not the coolest thing I've seen recently [that would be that cool green Ossa], but still pretty neat. I don't ride the road much at all, but could see this as a nice, safe commuter type bike and something to have in the truck to run around on around camp, dirt roads etc. Certainly need a fairing and some storage options for anything like touring. It would really excellent if it didn't cost a fortune.
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are probably right but I still don't like it.
  6. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like it. :thumbsup:

I wish it was done on the 610/30 platform to give it the performance to go with the looks but I guess those days are gone :excuseme:
  7. Degg Husqvarna
    A Class

8. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    I also like this bike. But.....would not spend the money to buy a new one. Fun to look at though..............Kinda like most of Husqvarna's history.
  9. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    With the lower center gravity. Do you think this would be a great trail bike? Maybe an awesome Stonyford bike? Kinda like the TT500's back in the day. Anyway, back to the 49er game.
  10. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If I win the lottery, I think I would get one for the cool and fun factor. Not to mention most my buddies are good B riders and I'm still pretty sure I could still beat them while riding the brute (on any sunday)
  11. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Trainwreck! May look appealing to guys from the golden era of Husky when they were a brand name people recognized and respected. I don't know what you'd do with this monstrosity now if it's not going to be street legal from the factory:rolleyes:
  12. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    I wouldn't pay any heed to the lack of blinkers or licence plate holder - it's tagged as a concept. It's no more intended to be a dirt bike than the Triumph Scrambler...
  13. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dunno guys... I've showed it to a few people in my shop and they all thought it looked cool. I think the tire/wheel/tank combo makes it look heavier than it is. It's no TXC310 featherweight, that's for sure, but as a dirt road blaster/wheelie bike I think it will kill. Drop on a set of proper 17" wheels/tires and have a capable street motard.
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If I could afford one, I´d buy it and, as soon as the sun comes out again, I´d take it to the local bikers´ watering hole. Clad in my lurex pink chinos and flower print shirt, I´d park it outside, wait for the incredulous silence to subside and the inevitable laughter to commence ... and then drop a lighted match into the tank.
    shawbagga likes this.
  15. Chillybean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, SM630, 72 WR 250. 89 WR 250
    I think the MAOB was a far better concept and would probably appeal to a wider range of riders, me included. I could see cashed up weekend warriors getting themselves into trouble on the Baja as they may think that it could be used properly off road only to quickly learn that a wide 19 inch front hoop is next to useless off road. I am looking for something to replace my SV 650 just for running around town on, I would consider a moab but definitely not the baja.

Perhaps I should grab a SM630 while I still can!
  16. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    I don't understand the purpose of this bike. It's not a "real" dirt bike, with a 19" front wheel, but it has knobbies. It's not a road bike either. It almost seems to be a softer, lower version of a TE. I also don't understand why they would use a 5 speed gearbox instead of a 6. All up It looks like a bit of a poseurs bike to me.

I love my TE630 even more after seeing the recent concept bikes from Husky. To me they are a bit of a joke for anybody wanting to pursue relatively serious off road riding, which is a shame for a brand with such a racing heritage. I await with interest the TE's replacement, but I am not hopeful it will be what I want, and believe my next bike will be orange.
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I like this approach to getting the vintage look. Guy In UK did this. Took modern and put real vintage parts on it. Custom fabbed tank to fit, High top old block seat, added a rear fender loop and old style fender, fitted some 80-82 sidepanels as well as some handmade shrouds and an old school headlight (preston petty style). Pic was from some UK Enduro magazine....now that is something old and new to look at.

NICE!

[IMG]
  18. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    I think they should slap some 17" on it and make it more road usable, would appeal to the more laid back rider though i think :oldman:, in all honestly husky should start making the smaller capacity (i.e. 2 strokes) with the newer style 449/511 frames because i think the older style are looking a bit dated now.
  19. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    It has a 5 speed gearbox because that's what the G650GS has. It's an existing engine/tranny.
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    how about building-focusing on a real 4T MX/offroad/SX type race bike, in the larger displacement catagory, capable of being comparative with all the other brands. PS great job and work on the 250/310 platform. Style exercises are cool but core stuff is cooler. (I know sales numbers are the most cool but not for us consumers we want substance)
    shawbagga likes this.