PNW Husky event. Bend, OR. Oct. 15-16, 2010

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by PC., Aug 9, 2010.

1. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    In Oregon, stickers for off-road, plates for on road. If you have a dual sport you can get both and ride both places. You are paying for the service/facilities you are using. So I will be able to ride my TE610 to town and on the normal gravel roads with just the plate, plus I will be able to ride it on the trails with the sticker. I will only be able to ride my WR300 on the trails with a sticker because it doesnt qualify for a plate. All of these fees are quite low compared to most states, by the way.

We also have designated winter parking permits to pay for the snowmobile and ski area access, etc.

We do have some OHV areas that have designated gravel roads included for transit between trails (Shotgun near Eugene for instance), but that isnt necessary at China Hat because a trail can get you there ..although there are some road crossings.

And dont forget, you guys get to visit and buy anything you want and we wont charge you sales taxes. On a vehicle, your home state will get you ... but if you happen to need a new big screen TV or computer for instance :-)
  2. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks ! printed it off... I know we're all trying to do our part and be legal and courteous etc... but I get the feeling or the tone suggests that it's not too friendly to OHV ?
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Just to be clear, I am not complaining at all about needing a sticker. :)
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It's all good. I have never seen a LEO out there other than races and they seem pretty cool about all of it. It is big revenue for Bend so I'm guessing they try to make nice and let people ride / spend $$$. It's all good, try to be as legal as possible but i highly doubt you will run into issues.
  5. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So Coffee, are you in ?
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Put me down as a maybe/probably. Depends entirely on the schedules of some individuals in Europe and Canada.
  7. Dustsucker Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've never not seen a LEO out there! And they will check your OHV sticker(and you must have the paper that came with it.. just to be redunant) and ram a wire in your can to make shure you have a sparky. Not to put a damper on things but, just be prepared.:thumbsup:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    interesting. I only go there a few times a year.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The ultimate bumper sticker for this stuff is a dog sitting at a counter of the bank and the teller(another dog) saying " I know you are who you say you are but I have to sniff your butt anyway" :lol:
  10. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm going to need to be removed from the tentative list since it is too close to my Hawaii trip for my wife's comfort. The last time we went to Hawaii part of my tongue was missing and my entire right side was black and blue from an arena-x incident three days before we left. The last words she said to me before I went riding was "Don't come home on crutches" so of course the first words from my mouth (although slurred because 25% of my tongue was gone) was "But I'm not on crutches!" It will take her a while to forget about that one.

Have fun everyone and take a bunch of pictures!
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WHAT!!! live up to the screen name bro!!! :D
  12. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Tis easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission!
    Your wife will forget all about it when she's sitting on po'olenalena beach drinking mai tai's.

Or just tell her you're not bringing a bike.

and I'll pick it up on my down :cheers:
  13. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Yep just like you and baja... :D

She will get over it when you get back. :lol:

Later,
  14. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500

Why I oughta :foul:

Spending $200 to camp in Bend is one thing. Dropping $3-4k to race Baja is a whole nother' can of worms.

If I'm spending $4k on anything it'll be a new bike. Or a retainer for a divorce lawyer as I'm on my way to Baja :ride:
  15. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    :lol:

I know the feeling exactly. Lots of coin for a little glory, just not my style. I would rather go trail riding, all summer, for less money. :cheers:

Later,
  16. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    You and me both buddy!

I was ready to go. Until the cost came into the equation.
    I had no idea it was 5 figures to field an amateur team, including a free bike.

Those Score officials must be living the good life.

I'm in the wrong biz!
  17. roostafish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 KTM 350 XCF
    Count the Chuckwagon Tours gang in on this one.

In an earlier post I saw Camp II as the suggestion, and I would second that. It's a good place for all. Quads work fine over there, but don't expect to mix them in with the bikes, unless the bike riders are really slow, and like lots of dust. Quads (a.k.a. furniture)..... Are welcome anyway.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    oregon sage created a 'google docs' document and a link has been put in post #1... I have not tried this before...
  19. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Looks good.

Thanks to oregonsage for making it and Coffee for posting it!
  20. SepticSkeptic Husqvarna
    B Class

Put me on the maybe list.

Struck me as odd too. Oregon apparently considers pretty much every thing with an engine and wheels an ATV. But where as we define off-road vehicles as those not intended for street use, they seem to think that any vehicle that is off-road, is an "off-road" vehicle.

Even more retarded is this:
    So a 17yo driving his own truck has to wear a DOT helmet. That's just stupid IMO. If it's a matter of safety how does registration, or lack there of, have any bearing on the matter.

And a BMW 1200 GS, given it's weight, wouldn't need a tag. Because it's what? Safer offroad? Does less damage? LOL