SMOG on ALL OHV! - a done deal!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by JeffV, Jul 27, 2013.

1. SDPUTTER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511

I bet the BLM ranger that interrogated me last weekend (Standard background check before you unload your bike to make sure you haven't stole any dirt or sagebrush in the past) couldn't tell the difference between a 2T and 4T, let alone identify OEM smog equipment........I'm sure part of the new law will require labeling "THIS IS A SMOG THINGY. DO NOT REMOVE"
    K.Forte' and Dirtdame like this.
  2. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    CALIFORNIA'S SMOG LAW'S SUCK,,the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing!! How's that for POLITICS !! :thumbsup:
    ray_ray, 4eyes and Dirtdame like this.
  3. kneehurts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 Husaberg FS 570
    Voting for communists has consequences, especially when they are counting the votes.
    siaknijustin, 4eyes and K.Forte' like this.
  4. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    :thumbsdown::censored::cry:

I guess I wont be throwing the cannister in the trash afterall. Now I just got to remember where I put the mounting bracket for the stupid thing!
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Why? Is your bike a 2018 model?
  6. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    That is juuuuuust the beginning......look back when they first started smoging cars...every few years the exemption date would keep getting pushed back.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    What is more disconcerting is for those not in California. CARB just signed agreements with Canada, Australia and China.
    JeffV and K.Forte' like this.
  8. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    California has the tuffest air standards in the world,,every state and country will eventually have our standards,,it is very doubtful in the near future that a ranger will check each bike for smog equipment before you hit a trail,,there's not enough man power to cover all the rider's everywhere... I've been in the smog biz for 13 yrs,wait till next yr 2014 it's getting worse for the consumer,,tech's and shop owner's... :censored:
  9. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    The exemption as of now is held at 1975 and older car's,,there's even talk of going all the way back to 1966 vehicles for smog's,,but i think that will never happen..
  10. JeffV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR650

I'd like to believe what you say is true, but California street riders out there may remember a few years back when they were those white vans where parked on the freeway on-ramps and where checking tailpipe emissions remotely and sending out "courtesy" notices (one of which my wife got one her old Mercedes). Well, that was about five years ago, I'll bet what fit in a van can now fit in the trunk of a car and run on LithiumIon batteries, so I could see it happening. Also, if you remember, around that same time, CARB was talking about mandatory emissions tests for motorcycles and giving the power to a peace officer to suspend your registration if you had tampered with the exhaust on the bike. Who knows!
  11. JeffV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR650

Yeah, I read that headline today!!! didn't read the story. What is THAT all about? Wow the arrogance of California politicians!!!
  12. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    Impossible to get an accurate measurement of exhaust emissions by just driving by,,HC's CO's and NOX have to go thru an infered bench in the smog machine and you need zero air gas to purge the system (clean out the system from a previous test),,as far as motorcycles that's been suspended for now,,the state set's up roadside smog check's everywhere in the city's,, the police officer's have had that power for the last 30 yrs but they rarely enforce it unless you really piss them off... :eek:
  13. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The environmentalists have got governments and manufacturers by the short and curlies, so ALL bikes will just have to conform in future. And they´ll do their damndest to make sure that no bike will ever be powered up after-market (Europe´s already got bi-annual checks). Can´t think of a better strategy than to hold onto what we´ve got. No real prob for me, as I´ll fall off my twig at the latest within 15 years.
    K.Forte' likes this.
  14. JeffV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR650
    Yeah, I know what your saying but this is getting ridiculous! What was it that Edmund Burke said? Something like "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men to do nothing"
    4eyes, K.Forte', Coffee and 1 other person like this.
  15. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

market will be big ford pre 2018 bikes. what we have now will be like gold. IMHO
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Probably right on the standards set forth by any world leader and the modern world will march forward... But where I'm at now, it ain't gonna happen anytime soon .... And if it does happen down the road, these guys are just concerned with living life and not any stinking badges ... I mean laws ...

I already feel that way about my Huskies now ...ESP after the great ride today on my WR250.
  17. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Welcome to the People's Democratic Republic of California.

They can't ban things outright so they're just going to legislate the s*** out of everything you have/do until you have nothing.
    JeffV likes this.
  18. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I just read today cal will soon have the toughest gun laws in the country. I seem to remeber reading last week they will be letting out 10000 prisoners.

Hmm.

Its probably near impossible to find a uhaul in kalifornia.
  19. JeffV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR650
    +1,000,000
  20. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Word!