SMOG on ALL OHV! - a done deal!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by JeffV, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I don't think you offended anyone.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Just looking at the state of health care in the states ... I'm not gonna worry much about anything or anyone in the health care field.
  3. XxDrPxX Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 ural patrol,10 ktm690r, 03 wr450f
    Guys i wouldnt sweat this too much. California will be broke before 2018, and CARB wont be getting paid, or the LEOs to enforce it. As a LEO ill also pass this little tid bit. Only treehugger cops will be enforcing, which they do now like checking to see if your are green stickered, and have your spark arrestor. It is actually written in most county, and city codes, a law for altered exhaust. This really isnt anything new. I had a break down on my Harley in Victorville, and the Harley dealership was flipping out over my Rhinehart exhaust, cause if CARB were to inspect the shop while working on my bike they could be civilly cited. Such BS that a non government entity has that kind of power.
  4. JeffV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR650
    Funny you should mention your story:

My wife and I were at my local dealer here in San Mateo County Ca. last week trying to pick out a bike for her, (WR250R vs KLX250S) and the salesperson told us that if we went with the KLX, that we would have to jet it ourselves. And that if the carb/exhaust was altered or even adjusted, that they couldn't work on the bike at all. I guess that means if it goes in for warranty work, and some parts had fallen off, as they tend to do, I'd have to put them back on beforehand!!
  5. JeffV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR650
    You just have no idea how screwed up it really is. In fact unless you have a serious medical condition (I am the care giver for my brother, who has Parkinson's Disease, a basically untreatable degenerative nuerological disease that effects motor control) you have NO idea how screwed up the system is. And now along comes Obamacare, and the system has exploded. My brother's insurance has been taken over by the Feds and the coverage now sucks as well as the premiums have gone up. No one in any of the government or private non-profit counseling offices have any information or training to help in the transition. In fact, the only thing that we have been told on a consistent basis is that the regulations still aren't finished! This thing is supposed to roll out in October!!
  6. Muchmore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW K1600GTL

This really puts it in to perspective, I couldn't IMAGINE a dealer around here working on a bike with STOCK exhaust, not really but it's close. They all have walls and walls of new take off exhaust that never got delivered because BUB's or similar were installed before new delivery.
    ray_ray likes this.