TC250 in Mar Dirt Rider MX 250 shootout

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Jan 25, 2012.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm faster on my 2010 TC 250 on a MX track but my 08 CR144 still gets me through the woods faster and a lot less tiring. My 144 power when running a gear high is so smooooth it really helps a slow woods rider like me go a little faster. I like them both but they are quite different in the way the power is delivered. Both do have the awesome light weight and handling that I really enjoy with the small Huskys. My son has the 2011 TM 250 MX (was mine) and there is no compairson to any Husky or GasGas that I have ridden. The TM is a pure RACE bike and thats why I traded it to my son for my 2010 GG 300. So NWrider if you want a big difference in you bikes get yourself a test ride on a TM.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    ...Until you add a 165 kit then things become a lot less clear.
  3. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

As an owner of originally a '10 TC250 and I currently have an '11 and a '12 TC250 I can say that the '12 has more omph and is easier to clear obstacles with. Not so much a hit as just more meat in the powerband when compared to the '11 and '10. As far as starting goes both the '11 and '12 are pretty good consistent starters while based on my experience the '10 was anything but. With that in mind imo as far as woods riding goes I wouldn't recommend any kick start only 4 stroke for that type of riding as any 4 stroke can have it's moment when it's really hot and you either stall or fall on a hot extended journey or race.
    I feel the '12 is an improvement but the '11 is certainly not far off though I do prefer the KYB shock and added HP that the '12 offers in comparison.
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    If I was only going to have one bike, I would be very interested in doing the 165 conversion but right now I am enjoying the variety.
  5. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

TC250209 likes this.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Now that wasn't bad at all...good. Thanks for the link.
  7. bagoo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    considering a TC 250 13
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX 250 F
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    You woke up a thread that was almost 2 years old... but ok.

Here is the 2012 TC dyno graph from that site with, and without the 'get' product, it appears to have slightly more power and 200 rpm range?
    Screen Shot 2014-01-26 at 2.50.59 PM.png

And here is the 2013 KTM250SXF you mentioned. Hopefully I understood your point and grabbed the correct graphs.

Screen Shot 2014-01-26 at 2.54.46 PM.png
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Actually looking at all the 250 F's the Husky is just under 35 HP stock and the Kaw is just over 35 hp. I trust the Athena GET dyno results on stock bikes more than the mags that may and most like do get bikes a little tweaked/juiced. It's funny the GET has very little effect on the KTM as they must leave very little on the table as far as tuning goes anyway. Their dyno sure puts a big cloud of doubt on the "Power king" Kawasaki 250F. I really want to ride one now that my son has a 2013 Husky TC250. The mags also don't say much about the stock restricting SA that come standard on the Husky. Bill's removed ours and I removed the other internal baffle/wings and I feel doing so released a couple of HP. BTW I'm trying to talk my son into getting the GET for his TC but he 's not sure it needs any more power. He's faster on it than he is on his 2011 TM 250 MX and the TM is a freaking ROCKET. Coffee it is an old thread but it was a good one.
  10. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    I love that Get.data website when my mates talk sheet about how much power their new bike has...
    I'm like: click click click and here is a dyno chart from a respectable source that says your wrong buddy :)
  11. bagoo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    considering a TC 250 13
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX 250 F
    My point was, magazines say kawi is 3.5 hp stronger. Other magazine said that 2012 TC is finally competitive...with 2005 250Fs. I was just trying to find out if the bike has enought power for me, I had 08 KX250F and I cant believe that new husky can be slower. Btw tomorrow Im gonna pickup one.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    when Jake was racing his TC250 and kicking ass at the local track he had a engine mount bolt break and borrowed a KXF on a whim. Said it felt like a 450 in comparison but he was faster on the husky and much prefered it.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

where do you find that data on that site? Dont see it.
  14. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wasn't Jakes TC a 2010 K? I'm pretty sure the 2010 TC was down about 4-5 hp on the Kaws but the BMW guys picked up a few hp with the 13-14 :applause:. Looking at the dyno from GET the TC still falls off at the top but their unit picks it up and carries out real nice. I guess I'll have to get one for my son just to see how it feels :D.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah those slow 10's have a way of getting around a MX track fast :D.
    TemecuCoastie and BILLF like this.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Did you purchase the bike yet?
  19. bagoo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    considering a TC 250 13
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX 250 F

Attached Files:

TemecuCoastie and john01 like this.
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats and heal up quick. I think you are really gonna like the bike.