The writing on the wall?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Chilly, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Yes on the X-Lites, guess is '12 TC250 engine tech moves to TE/TXC. As said earlier, X-Lite tech spreads to 450/510 4 strokes. No time line for 2 or 4 strokes that I know of.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

3. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The Sheep relationship is strictly platonic right ? :banana:
  4. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    I would be racing a 449 if I was in the financial position to do so.. $$$ is the only thing wrong with my situation, I have plenty of confidence in the bike.
  5. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    That would be the Kiwi's For the sheep that is
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

2yrs ago at the Toronto Bike show there was a guy from the factory there and he and I talked about the time line of new releases. He showed me pics of the 449 before it was released and even showed me the first pics of the proto Nuda. Everything he told me has come to fruition.

2010 new X-Light
    2011 449
    2013 New 250/300 2 strokes with EFI

I have also been told by different sources that the 449/511 gets re-done for MY14.
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I remember when I bought my 2001 400EXC in August 2000. I was literally mobbed with people every time I stopped.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You are so right. I should have said the roo's are nervous
    Vinduro likes this.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I sure hope you are right Scott. I would really hate to have Husky go completely street/ADV
  10. KLOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

BMW is working on a variety of engines for Husqvarna's future offerings.
    Think along the lines of the M-series cars. They are serious.
  11. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Personally, When I get a "New" 2013 model WR125/150 , I hope there is no major changes. This bike is that good. I just hope they put a decent carb on the bike stock or at least perfect the jetting. Much easier to work on than a perimeter frame GG. I won't own a GG even if they give me one. I actually had one for 3 months several years ago and gave it back to return to riding my Honda XR315 . Couldn't stand the way it beat me up. Even with modified suspension. Perimeter fames suck. They can keep EFI too. Not needed nor desired. I prefer a bike made with the KISS method.
    ray_ray and jmetteer like this.
  12. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

ideally, you hire dirtbike enthusiasts, and simply let them build the bikes that they want. this will result in the same excellent bikes without spending a fortune on "market research", and it will improve the quality of the products because even the most dilligent "employee" cannot compete with a true enthusiast. there's a company out there that has a huge success by doing so. their colour is orange.

r
    Desertyucca likes this.
  13. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Oh yee of little faith. The story was about expanding Husqvarnas brand into the street bike arena. Doesn't mean they won't be developing new dirt bikes as well. If BMW only wants to build street bikes they would sell or close Husqvarna.
    KTM is branching into street, maybe BMW wants to compete heads up.
    GP
    Motosportz likes this.
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

IMHO to COMPETE with the KTM's you need to START in the dirt and I mean start there. KTM grooms racers with their 50's, 65's, 85's, 105's and so on and so on. You can't expect guys to race pumpkins for years the just "switch" over the Husky's. I would also think it would be easier to compete in this section. I see 500 - 600 bikes show up at VA hare scramble races, most of them orange. If BWM wants to play in the dirt at least have somebody with BMW say so. I mean how hard would that be or how much would that cost? On the figuring out what riders want, how about ask here it's free! Like I said it's working for GasGas no reason it wouldn't for Husky. Look Husky at least say you are going to build new 2-strokes. Like Keshaun say's "comon man"! BTW I don't like KTM LOL. I'm also not bashing BMW/Husky just want them to step up their 2-stroke game......NOW.
    shawbagga likes this.
  15. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I tried 3 different GG's...hated everyone of them....made for short people...engine vibrations made my hands fall asleep...figuring out the parts situation is crazy...I went back to a Kaboom for now until I can stumble across a 150...Rod Overstreet is a Hsuky rep now use to be an unofficial GG rep...
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What can I say, I'm short and they work awesome for me. Hey the new 2012's are taller now so thy must have listened to taller riders like you figuring it's easier to lower a bike than make one taller. I'm getting ready to WB165 my 08 CR 144 Husky so I can have the bike Husky won't build; a 200 (close anyways) 2-stroke!
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have an 02 GG I put low pegs, tall bars and getting a tall seat done for. Great bike. I like it better than by buddies 07 WR250, there I said it. Better 3.4 gallon tank (slim), better 6sp transmission, WAY better Ohlins suspension, great tractable motor, small and low so it feels good in the woods. It is way past time Husky updated the 2 strokes. Should have happened in 09 when the 125 was updated.
    shawbagga and john01 like this.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, things change. Bad timing (economy) to try and start a husky revolution. Used to be all yami and Hondas here until the orange tide.
  20. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I had a 04 EC250, 08 EC300, 09 EC250....the last 2 I put low pegs, high bars and tall seat...still seemed short...felt like it was a long way to stand up...the vibration on the latter 2 thru the bars killed me...both had black tanks(note to everyone) black tanks on offroad bikes SUCK....I hit false neutral a lot on both the latter bikes also....the suspension for me was fine...didnt think the EC300 had as good of power as the WR300....Clutch on the EC's is unbelieveable...wow how great its like a cable but with KTM pull...I do really like the 125/150s of husky and the Wr300...sweet bikes...althought they do need an update....