The writing on the wall?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Chilly, Jan 24, 2012.

1. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I have pretty good luck with MotoXotica stocking parts. They are definitely a Husky first shop.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are correct I stand corrected Both Dan and Ann have always tryed to help when I need a part.
    But being Calif there in not a big demand for Husky 2 stroke parts so sometimes they do not have the parts i need.Then I call back East where there are alot of Husky 2 strokes
  3. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sorry, I can't solve ALL the world's problems. Just most of them. ;)
  4. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    When I was parts manager at Sportsman in Vegas we stocked husky stuff...mostly because I raced them and also wanted parts...and also knowing how husky is with parts and always has been...they barely get enough and have never figured out supply and demand...they would get certain stuff in I would get as much as Rob Kieth would let me...

When we sold a husky we did all the little tricks to make them work right, just like we did with KTMs....

When you guys say husky isnt listening, the main problem is the US is a tiny almost nothing market for them...they have to listen to the places that are buying them....They still arent selling and they had Ty out west and FAR on the East...guessing they are going a different route...and cant really blame them...

Wonder where Rob ended up at? I thought with Revelle Harrison(former KTM rep) and Rod Overstreet Husky was headed the right direction, but maybe not...
  5. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

The thing is though...the US is potentially the biggest market for them! We're huge and we like to spend money. Sure there is more to marketing than a race team...but it's definitely part of it. Nothing is going to make them more visible or prove the effectiveness/quality of the machines the way competing against the other brands at the top levels of off road is. Very strange to set up this operation on the west coast and then not have any sort of visible racing program out west. As far as I'm concerned they need to be competing in some capacity in worcs, the desert, hare scrambles or hare & hound. It's not that expensive and they could carve out a niche. Not everyone wants an Orange bike. I think it's worse to not be there than it is to be there and struggle..
    john01 likes this.
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I believe Rob is the GM at MV Agusta in the US, too bad he would have made a GM for husky in the US. ( He was the GM under Ferracci ).
  7. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I dealt with Rob a bunch...he even offered me a job at husky at the time...went and got me FBF parts from their inventory...a Lamson cylinder, and top end...took my bike apart and did the fbf suspension before shipping it to me...

to be honest I dont think Husky will ever be much here...look what kind of money it took for KTM to grab a hold...the rags bashed them every chance they could...i remember the worst thing they could say about the KTM was a hard seat and numbers wouldnt fit on side panels and it would finish last in a shoot out...

In this market and the way the economy is you have to spend money wisely...As good as Ty was doing I dont think it was returning much in sales..ROI just wasnt there, and yes it may have been there in a few years but maybe they were at the end of their rope so to speak...how much do you keep dumping into a program that isnt returning...

And yes the US market could be huge, but people are not spending like they were pre flop...and to be honest just like KTM trying to convince some yahoo in Cali that a husky is half the bike as a quacker, honda or yami is next to impossible...get guys to ride them and they freak out...guy rode my WR300 and said this is way faster than my 300xc and this is better or that is...how much did you pay? I would tell them I found it in Hotlanta for $3500...say what I just bought my kaboom for $5500...say model year and all...

I also thing that is why Scott Harden left as he saw it was same ole same ole at husky...my uncle has been a husky dealer since the late 60's, thru the buy out and changing hands....

I hope they just make a few improvements on the 250/300 really they have a strong lineup besides a race team...I was sad to hear Burson on a Kawi
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    We're a little past writing on the wall and seeing conformation of the writing with all the new streeter models ...

Just please keep the parts flowing on the ~current dirt models for another 10 yrs ...
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    All is not lost, new things will come. These aren't the droids your looking for.
  10. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    [IMG]

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
  11. littled657 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nick Burson's Dad here, we haven't said much about Nick moving on to Kawasaki and tried to remain positive. A few things need to be said and these are said from a Dad who is very angry at the West coast office and the people responsible for the Husqvarna racing efforts. When Ty Davis could no longer offer a contract to Nick cause he couldn't come to terms with Husqvarna, Nicked called his contacts at Husqvarna and he was told they couldn't discuss anything with him till his contract was up on December 31, 2011. Nick began calling the same people January 2, 2012 and no one would return his call. If they weren't going to have a team Nick desevered better! At least sorry we aren't funding a team or some explanation. NOTHING! Today on the way home from USDR race at Gorman CA I found out Husqvarna still owes Nick money. He's called and email but no response. This just sucks a big corporation ripping off my son who did nothing but ride his best for them for three years. For being loyal and staying with Husqvarna for three years when rider after rider quit he gets treated like this. Sad day for Husqvarna!
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Sorry to hear it and thanks for sharing. We all appreciated the efforts you guys made. Hope he gets paid and has a successful year with what he is doing now.
  13. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    That is sad to hear. Shocking actually. Good luck to Nick.
  14. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You expect this kind of BS from corporations. But I would prefer to see better. Especially from a brand I buy and support.

How can they expect us to exhibit brand loyalty when they won't exhibit team loyalty?
  15. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Like Motosportz and racermx904 said, it's a business so if the demand is not there why plough money in a dealer network with no return?
    I think Husqvarna's future will be alright so long as the brand can continue to bring home championships in Europe and worldwide for the Germans. Once this is achieved then they can measure the demand in the North American market which will, hopefully for US guys, start increase - pretty much the KTM model.
    You'll find that the roadbike and adventure bike will be and always has been, the BMW image whilst the Husqvarna image will be moulded into a competitor to the KTM range.

Unfortunately, and for the 2t brotherhood, CH racing not fielding a 2t in this year 2012 WEC spells doom for the 2t range in Husqvarna...l hope not :confused: