1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Will Ossa be first to the EFI 2 stroke off road bike race?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Oct 20, 2011.

1. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Walt,

I figured that you were on this! Guess you'll have to pull your carb and mix fuel in your windex bottle and spray as you go!
  3. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    I had an 1980's era Ossa Pioneer and it was 'da Bomb! Smooth, torquey, and really fun to ride. The white fiberglass with orange stripe was striking. Back then Ossa knows how to make real dirt bikes. It will be interesting to see if they can reinvent themselves like Husky did.

I'd like to see Ossa develop an oil injection system utilizing technology similar to their EFI. Sorta like Yamalube mechanical injection, only well controlled. This way we can ditch the premix and still have our beloved two strokes! EOI (Electronic Oil Injection, you read it here first) with a small catalyst would make for a killer DS bike.
  4. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Certain DI systems such as Orbital don't work at higher RPMs, say above 5-6000. Rotax's will work at higher RPM, but there are other issues to contend with such as extra weight, space etc.

Simple batteryless EFI systems have been on snowmobiles since 94-95. Other than a small fuel pump, they aren't really much more complex than a carb. They do save a lot of screwing around with jetting etc.
  5. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

But then again (as I found out on my SM630) EFI can be a real pain and extra $$ to get adjusted when you hang aftermarket pipes and such on the bike. I REALLY wish my 630 had a carb.
  6. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

They do save a lot of screwing around with jetting etc./QUOTE]

Yes many a Ski-Doo Rev have been seized on lakes all over Ontario because people think this.
  7. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That had to be a 70's era bike. They quit making the orange Pioneer in 1972. I have one and 2 SDRs. Also a 1975 Phantom Enduro 175.
  8. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Umm, no.
    Revs use DI, not regular EFI. & it doesn't happen near as often as rumours would indicate. On the rare times it happens, it's more of a (lack of) oil issue than a lean fuel issue. I know of far more carbed sleds that stuck during or just after a 100mph lake blast than modern fuelies. Even so, a quick mapping change cures those issues. Most guys are getting exceptionally long lives on their Revs according to the forums.
    Besides, other than for desert racers, most issues that apply to snowmobiles do NOT apply to dirt bikes, as they're ridden much differently.

A simple batteryless EFI system should work fine on a 2T dirtbike. I'd welcome it in a heartbeat.
  9. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    You're right, it was so long ago my memory is fading!
  10. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Kits are now posted on their web site.
  11. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Walts the only guy I ever met that knew about OSSAs film company,the little clover leaf logo is actually a film reel for those that dont know.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    maybe it's an age thing :D
  13. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    tommytwostroke and lankydoug like this.
  14. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I hope it works as good as it looks! :thumbsup: (And has a big enough fuel tank!!)
  15. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

This bike looks amazing. Check out the funky linkage! And that crazy knotted pipe! The fuel is low and forward, the engine is low...I bet it steers quite nicely. I hope they are able to make the pipe with just a couple stampings, rather than the labor intensive, but beautiful, hand built pipe on the show bike. I can't imagine it will be that easy to design an easy-to-build pipe that literally is tied in a knot! I hope true DI is on its way for this bike. I'd love for the first DI2T to not be orange.
  16. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

On third perusal, maybe it's not actually tied in a knot. But it sure looks cool!
  17. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    That pipe is pure art! Hope this becomes more than just a proto. It would be cool to have another player in the game.
  18. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    It looks neato, but it also sort of looks like a chinese bike. lol
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The article states under 100kg which means less than 220 lbs. not bad.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They went all in thats for sure.