1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Will Ossa be first to the EFI 2 stroke off road bike race?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Oct 20, 2011.

1. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Just had to confirm, it's always hard to confirm when someone is joking on the internet. My BS meter went off though when you said experts say it sucks, as I was thinking experts in Direct Injection would be guys actually producing those systems, and people actually experienced in designing direct injection and shipping it to customers in mass volume say the exact opposite. Ski-Doo and Evinrude can't say enough about how well suited Direct Injection is for high performance.

Just did a bit of homework as you suggested.

By reading one article.

With input from two guys who work at the same company.

A company that is selling their own fuel injection system.

That is not direct injection.

So yeah....that seems like unbiased expertise in Direct Injection.

"Experts say" means "Guys who sell Port Fuel Injection say the system they don't sell sucks". In other news today General Motors announced today that Ford's are fine, if you don't mind fixing or rebuilding them daily.

"DI will work for more industrial like engines but not for high performance" means you will be stuck with miserable real world performance, so far the Rotax E-Tec's are only making 155-160hp out of their 800cc twins. If you can live with a measly 75-80hp/400cc cylinder then maybe you can live with direct injection. For those of you who like a more high-performance/less industrial engine than what Ski-Doo is throwing in their MXZ800 I would recommend just ripping the E-Tec system out and throwing carbs on it. Please report back to us the performance gains you get through this.

I didn't bother reading the article but just from the headline I can tell snowtraxtv has similar feelings about Direct Injection, their first article on their 800cc twin after being upgraded to Direct Injection is titled "800 E-TEC: Ski-Doo Messed Up This Time!"
    http://www.snowtraxtv.com/blog_post.asp?blog=general&pid=28
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I love new tech. It flips my switch. I have high hopes for the future of the DI 2T. There are a bunch of companies working on the DI 2T for enduro use and I have to believe that they will be successful. I am just going to wait to see the results confirmed before I plunk my cash down. Here is hoping they get it done sooner than later.
  3. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Cool even if it is in the snow. I am getting to be a true winter wussie as I get older. Too many years of working in and around the "frozen tundra".
  6. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I think above is quite correct as some young talented riders just rave about the modern (ie real new) fuel injected four stroke 250cc offerings. If the same enthusiasm could be generated in the two stroke models that would be great for the new bike owners. While the msrp might be within $100 as proposed above I am just guessing the sum of the cost of replacement parts not used on a carb model is probably more like $2000.
    fran