1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 167 kit... can hurt people apparently...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Jun 23, 2010.

1. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Tough SOB...writing right after surgery and betting Walt that he'll ride first...WOW!
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My moneys on Walt...Heck he'll just fab up another shoulder and ride.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Buddy of mine had foot surgery a while back, doct told him 3 months. A month later he was yanking the walking boot off for MX boots, his rational was "same thing right" A boot is a boot. :D
  4. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Tried throwing a leg over a bike this mourning F That notion. Gonna be awhile Hell took me an hour to just get out of bed this mourning.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    geeez man, might be a little early. :D My money is on you to ride before Walt with that attitude. :thumbsup:
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

"You got about 3 seconds to get on that bike Marine!"
    [IMG]
  7. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

With all due respect SIR FU.
  8. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    What, no Sir Sandwich? Has Sir FU Sir gone out of style?

:D
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Shane, you are much more funny on line than in person. :D
  10. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    I'm a little slow is all. Online I have lots of time to contemplate my responses.
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

George,

Glad to hear that it went well, you will lose the bet as I will be duct taping my hand to the throttle and finger on the brake and riding next week. Unlike your back I can't get paralyzed because I tore my shoulder worse. I do have to say that the second and third day after the tear the pain was drop me to my knees type stuff. I would like to say that I am used to pain at this point but maybe I am getting soft in my dotage.

For everyone else thanks so much for all the kind thoughts and good natured barbs. I deserve them all. I have been basically known as Dumb Sh*t this week at the course. I will say that the over bar incident had more to do with trying to change my approach in a ride that was 2+ hours old and being lazy. My entire mindset for the ride had been to take it very easy and putt along at the back and all of a sudden I am going to "keep up". :lol: Long, rocky down hill that I was almost uniformly out of shape on the whole way and finally couldn't save it with the help of a rolling 12" rock and a very large bermed rock to the side that said it ends here. The 167 had nothing to say about the incident. Wish I had been going uphill where I could just give it more gas and survive.

I wish I could have responded to this thread earlier, but we had the most intense thunder storm I have seen in almost 30 years. An hour of lightening bolts hitting in constant succession within a half mile or closer to the house. It was like someone had an unlimited magazine 12 gauge mag pulling the trigger as fast as possible. It was light more than it was dark for an hour. Only downside my internet antenna and modem fried. The last time I was in something like this is when I was hit by a very intense storm while on top of Pintlar Peak at 9500 feet. I hid under a garage sized boulder scared witless for an hour of hits all within 2-300 yds.

I promise to have a ride report on the 167 with no regard for break in putting in the near future.

Walt
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

See I told you he would fab up some new body parts. Heal up then give us the ride report. We need our test pilot a live.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I changed the title a bit, so we know what thread has all the hurt people in it.
  14. rtgmoto Husqvarna
    A Class

George WON

George did a power up on my 2010 txc250 yesterday and was ripping it up and down the street one day after back surgery.
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

George,

You are the man. :eek:

All the rest of us can do is pretend. :lol:

Walt
  16. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Dang...I quit reading this thread for a few days and all hell breaks loose!

Walt, sorry to hear of the injury and I hope you heal up quickly and completely. Kelly was reading my mind...I was going to say that maybe if you can't handle all those monster cc's that maybe you and George can fab up a cool 100 a'la Kawasaki/Suzuki :lol: But then George is taken out of action, too! George, be cool and do what the doctors tell you (yeah, right, like that's gonna happen :rolleyes:) so you can heal up soon. I might be in need of your services soon as I just don't know if 144cc's is enough anymore and now my interest in a 167 is piqued! Criminy...where will it end??

Get well, you two!

WoodsChick
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Thanks Woodschick,

As I said it certainly wasn't the extra cc's that did me in. I can't wait to get back on it and put some serious ride time. My early take after dwelling on the few times I let it rip is that it really might be the best of all worlds for us trail riders. Impressive small bore bottom and mid, with a very solid top end. I wasn't expecting it to rev like it does because of the extra piston weight. I am going to give it a couple of rides without worrying about being gentle and then I will switch my 144 top end back on to compare. My 144 was running so outstanding after changing out the broken upper linkage spring that I will be very curious to compare. I really like to spend most of my time in the mid-range and let the low end get me through tight little spots and let it rip up the longer climbs. Pretty much what the 167 does.

Walt
  18. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

Yeah, I know it wasn't the massively huge powerplant you and George put together that did you in, but I couldn't resist the urge to rib you a little bit about it :D Lord knows I've been in similar situations too many times to count.

Did you weigh the pistons by any chance? I'm curious to know what the weight difference is. I only put about maybe 20 miles on my 144 on my first and only ride on it so far, so I can't really tell what it's all about yet. I was being very easy on it and it was running a tad rich, but I saw enough of the new personality peeking through to know that I am going to be very happy with this new set-up. I leave tomorrow morning for 4 glorious days down at Kennedy Meadows. Hopefully DirtDame will enjoy it, too :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  19. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

Ouch, that must hurt. One good thing is you had the PWK and not the mikuni on the bike. With a perfect jetted mikuni you would have went off the back seat and busted your tail bone LOL.
  20. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I had a 167 in my 02' and I rode it 2 seasons on the same top end....was very nice....although i was use to reving its guts out and it didnt like that...but it was fun to ride