Actual news of KTM-Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by flyingbob, Jan 31, 2014.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well I'm sitting down so..............:lol:.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

:lol: I like you.
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Please...:). I'm running out of things to read here. I won't tell anyone, promise. Ok tell me who you got the info from, I'll go straight to the source :)
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Tell me or I'll start my own rumors :popcorn::lol:!
    4eyes, LandofMotards and 454x like this.
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Let them know what you think, make your next new bike a Beta or continue to ride Italian huskys.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Deja vu all over again.... No internet then, but the battle cry was... "Let them know what you think, make your next new bike a KTM or continue to ride Swedish Huskys":oldman:
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norm I still have a Swedish 510.
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Probably not the best example to get your point across, it seemed to have worked lol. KTM has climbed to the top and Husky has been sold twice more since then :).
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I seriously don't know if I'll buy a new bike ever again. Hard to say. If I did it would most likely be a Sherco or Beta just cuz. I do not in any way dislike the new KTM based huskys, think they will be great bikes and win big everywhere. I'd be proud to own one. Just like different stuff. Also have really been enjoying building the older bikes. Cheap gratification. Also something strangely fun being the old guy on the old bike and doing fine against the young guys on the new fancy iron. I'd like a 84 WR400 next. :)
    huskyduck and organ donor like this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  11. turboslacker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    So you're sayin it will posted on TT.
    Awe come on man, spill the beans that's why we invented the Internet!!
    Motosportz, Camstyn and LandofMotards like this.
  12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All this just keeps the ball rolling till the new bikes arrive in about twelve months from now.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Its really hard to come up with anything original ... Its all been done before and some of us are old enough to remember it the 1st time around ...Or maybe I should say the previous time around ... Nobody is old enough to remember the 1st time for most thoughts or ideas that have seen the light of day.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I know you do and I have 2 Swedish 250WR's and the '82 is my most cherished bike...
  15. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.

Fraud indeed!!! And now it seems that parts are taking longer to get for my 12 wr 300.
  16. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norn, I remember visiting the local husky dealer numerous times lusting after the 82 WR 250 DB replica. I was still in high school and there was no way to afford it but I wanted one BAD
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I personally know and ride with guys who have fully subscribed to that statement for 25+ years. Some went the ATK, Suzuki or Kawasaki route, but they all ended up on KTM's, not Italian Huskys. If I had a Nickel for
    every time out trail riding or racing, a guy on a Suzuki RMX or whatever wearing a pair of old Husky Products pants would say to me on my Cagiva Husky..... That's not a "Real Husky", I could buy that new Husky FE501 retail!:oldman:
    454x, ray_ray and LandofMotards like this.
  18. yaackles Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 125, 1986 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    79YZ100,79KZ650,83Nigthawk,98rmx250
    The Husqy pictured to the left (my avatar) is an early "86" one of the last out of Sweden. It is owned by Norman Foley and one of the 2 he mentioned above, I am the Rider / Caretaker (Jockey / Groom)
    454x and Norman Foley like this.
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    And I couldn't pick a better person to look after it!:cheers:
    454x and yaackles like this.
  20. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not being 'rude' to you, nor having a go at you.

Just commenting on the Moto 3 bikes. I emphasise that people Look closely at the pictures. You will get blokes that do a cursory look, see some tubes, and believe it's the same thing. Seriously, I had a bloke looking at the pictures, who said the frame was "exactly the same thing", even after I patiently pointed to, and had him counting the number of triangulation tubes, and noting their various angles, and placements. Hence, the "dullest bloke" line. You know, the sort that need the blatant difference between a tube / trellis frame, and an aluminium twin spar frame.

Relax, don't be such a 'delicate flower', and think you're being 'picked on'.:thumbsup:

To others, not just the bloke above:

As for we all seeing just a white XC, with a plastic subframe etc - Yes, we have "badge engineering" at best, so far.

Now, KTM got a hell of a 'vote' for that concept, with the introduction of the Husaberg 2ts. Sold quite a few extra bikes - and showed them a cheaper way to profits over the production of a significantly different bike - the 'sloper' 4ts, as against just a gussy up of an existing bike.

With the incredibly rapid decision by BMW to just hoick Husky - seriously, BMW are that big, that they could be just as instantaneous in deciding to stop motorcycle production entirely, if their GS line ever became less trendy - KTM had little option than to just make a white XC.

The best thing is to exercise healthy scepticism, and make noises ( make purchases / withold purchases ) that encourage KTM to continue to seperate the Husky line from the KTM, well as much as they can whilst keeping a favourable economy of scale etc.

By the time line given, pretty much from the word 'go', by SP - 2016 is to be the year model that we see that 'seperate identity'. We'll see. I'd not be surprised if a DFI / Whatever clean tech 2t they have, will come out a bit earlier on the "Huskies" than the date - 2017??????? - that it appears that it will be required by legislation in Europe. Along the lines of the EFI on the 'Berg 4ts, before it appeared on the KTMs, but more like just a year, instead of the 3 or 4(?).

Yup, bitch, moan and scream if you want to - better that than just accept a colour change and parts bin new / renewed brand. Because if that's what sells, that's all they'll be.
    JonXX likes this.