Actual news of KTM-Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by flyingbob, Jan 31, 2014.

1. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Not the point of my thread at all.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Ok I'll try but I'm made of sugar and thin glass and afraid of my shadow. :rolleyes:

Thats what they are and they will sell.
  3. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

Flying Bob - it was a comment to all, not just you, but, it did include you.

I do believe that's what we should do - insist / hope for a identifiably different bike line, and not just a white KTM. SP and his other executives, have said the Huskies will be very different bikes - let's keep at them, to deliver on that.

Motosportz - yes, that's what they are - badge engineering bikes, so far, and they'll sell. White bikes, are sooooooooo much prettier than Orange ones. Well, they are to me, though, I do like Blue, be it the shades used on TMs ( IT Blue!) or Shercos . But, I'd like to see, eventually, another genuinely 'different' brand, come rising from the ashes. It did come to pass with the Cagiva through to the BM Husky era, though of course the 2ts engines did not stray hugely far from the Cagiva originals, but I'd love to see it happen, much quicker than that. As in, along the timeline given by SP and his minions.
  4. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

"husqvarna motorcycles gmbh" was registered as a "distribution" company ($48.000 seed capital).see link. they are ~20 people in marketing and distribution, not hiring engineers. so it's obvious that they are pushing really really hard to have those "genuinely different" bikes in the future.

as for this topic's intention... 240 people who have "busted their chops" for husky were "sent down the road with a phone call and a wish you well line of crap", and very few people here seemed to care...

r
    4eyes, huskyduck, raisrx251 and 3 others like this.
  5. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Some of us not only care, but know the people, and don't wish to utter their names in public at the risk of it tarnishing them within the industry. Sometimes, "not saying" is caring more than "saying." Who wants to associate with a bunch of crybabies...
    huskyduck and 454x like this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think many of us do, many of us have said so, but in the end is there really anything we can do about it? Unfortunately on that other site I saw a few people actually cheering about it and acting like they deserved it. I found that rude to say the least. Changes happen in every industry and corporations crap on people as well as give people good jobs. Its all about perspective and whats happening at the time. I'm absolutely sure good people supporting families in a country with not tons of opportunity had and have a hard road in front of them and I think most of us can relate on a personal level and understand no matter what the industry. You are obviously much closer to this than most of us are and probably expected more outcry. For many of us this is just simply a web forum where we go to talk about our bikes, learn some stuff and BS about the sport we love and sometimes the politics of it all are more than we are here for. Dont misconstrue this as not caring.
  7. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    The reason I don't like the ktm/husky concept is simple, I bought the old product because it was good, made people say"I don't get it ". I don't buy things because of marketing hype ie- i pod i phone etc. I will not buy a hyped out ktm hiding as a husky. Now if they developed Husky as it's own entity I would not care who the owner of company was.

I just do not want to be another sheep in the flock!
    organ donor, JonXX, Johnrg and 2 others like this.
  8. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Here's a simple fact that encompasses all the ill feelings towards KTM, the demise of Italian Huskies, and Flying Bob's buddy who lost his job, so get it straight and maybe keep it in mind the next time you want to take a poke at the new Husqvarna:

KTM has kept the marque alive. It was dying on it's own, and had KTM not stepped in, the 103 year-old history of Husqvarna was singing its Swan Song. BMW wasn't interested anymore. They were going to dump or close down Husqvarna either way. And Bob's friend was going to loose his job anyway then. Would that have made some of you happier, to just have Husky go away? You think the NOS Italian parts would be easier to get your hands on then? This has been a tough pill to swallow I agree but I think some have it all wrong, and weather or not you choose a new Husky or not, I think we all owe a little gratitude that the Iconic Marque will live on. I'm glad I will get to share Husqvarna with my up-and-coming children and have the choice to still fly the "H" banner.
    Blazes, kx3089, 454x and 5 others like this.
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Really well said MotoMarc.
    oregonsage likes this.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    1) I'm well past the crying over parts I've heard about Huskies on this site... Because it is your personal problem, not mine.

2) I'm really getting tired of these last 2 owners being called saviors ...They are your trivial gods, not mine.

3) I'm not in debit really. I own no gratitude to any one on this subject matter on this thread. I accepted my father dying and wish he was here now so we could laugh over this BS subject together ...If this piece of steel dies, OK... Melt what is left down of them and and make a tie clasp. Please get your priories straight in life and on move....even moving backwards will be an improvement for some.

4) Unwatch this BS thread.
  11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I've had the pleasure of meeting, working with and establishing some camaraderie with a handful of the people we are talking about. I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone, but in fact have restructured companies and fired people myself. I know how it feels from both sides.

I can say that I would happily provide any former Husqvarna employee I know my reference. Fortunately most of them have landed on their feet over the last year, and I sincerely hope that is the fate of these latest fine people who were cut loose. My little corner of the motorcycling world will be a sadder and lesser place without them.

Best wishes to them all.
    4eyes, Motosportz, MotoMarc36 and 2 others like this.
  12. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    yeah,that's what I meant,thanx!...sp said nothing about a gp bike,motard yes... same stupid shit bmw did.Taking the Husky heritage elsewhwere instead of concentrating on it's main marketing feature and focus on making it not just another ktm IS far what he has been preaching.....
    Motosportz likes this.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I still stand by this, a takeover of the marque by one company by virtue of a dumping of the brand from another, which resulted in the loss of an entire team of folks, that is the fact.
    But following that fact, I have been very surprised that one or more of the Italian(or other)industrialists or other investors did not come in and grab the ashes and go full bore into building a new model line under a new or revived marque name (Aspes for example), the team was in place and with a standard mechanical factory needed but with its OEM suppliers that are still there.
    First line would need to the basic transport line, scooters and small cc bikes for utility and quick sales profits, then branch into the less profitable passion sports vehicles......ie offroad (XC/enduro)racers and more profitable DS/Enduro platforms-----all with compatable components. I am still surprised that there is a engineering to full production team still out there, without work (I'm sure some have moved on but in general is my point).

PS this also goes for Husaberg.........Swede group to reclaim Hbrg and do all the R&D and work from Sweden and hopeful production but may need logical outsourcing of work to contruct the bikes.
    PPS and WhyTF dont we have a world class competitive dirt bike being R&D and contructed here?.........
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Because it is hard to make a profit and as such hard to justify to investors. I for one would love that and love to work there. I think a certain number would sell based on patriotic customers alone. I think it has merit and should be done.
  15. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ok ... sorry! It´s just that I never liked orange. Don´t like Austria and have always liked Eyetie bikes. Not my fault, but suppose I´ll get over it and someone´s sure to come up with a good bike from somewhere else some day. Time to move on. etc. etc.
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R

Assembled here would be more like how it would work. As Im sure it works in Austria, too. I doubt that they have lower labor and business costs than the US. Seattle area is awash in machinists and others who serve Boeing...ought to be able to get a frame built there. All the components comes in a cargo plane from someplace (I hear that Kymco makes a nice 449/511 engine, Ohlins, Showa, Keihin, Dunlop, Brembo, etc).

The biggest shoe/athletics/marketing company in the world is based in Oregon. The shoes, etc. havent been made in the USA for decades (minor exceptions), same goes for Apple in Bay area...... these companies employ large numbers of US people anyway. Engineers, marketing, designers, distribution, logistics, finance, ......

Will that model work on the scale of a motorcycle company selling a couple to five thousand units a year?

I dont know. Michael Jordan has deep pockets and likes bikes.... Lyle Lovett? Someone should stir up a couple million bucks and give it a shot. If I win the Powerball I will do it myself!!
  17. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  19. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic/Ducati SFV2
    What happened to Cannondale Motorcycles? They still move a fair amount of bicycles.
  20. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    they blew it....tried to do too much and closed that division a few years after it opened. had a decent motor design but they tried to reverse the intake and exhaust which gave them a tiny airbox...real heavy too