Actual news of KTM-Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by flyingbob, Jan 31, 2014.

1. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, it is dreadful to see people you know, and like, that have so often put so much of themselves into our industry, then get royally shafted.

It happens, with all jobs.

A company changes hands - and the new owners, do what they do. They Can - They Do.

Our industry, is largely populated by people who really love bikes / the sport. So often this is described as one of the biggest problems with the industry - by outsiders mostly, but insiders as well.

I see it, as one of the great things in our industry / sport. I've found, that it's the 'souless money shufflers' that don't last that long / drag down things. But they can and do, create all sorts of pain.

The BMW takeover, created pain. The KTM one, is doing so too. It's logical that the new US Husky is right next door to KTM USA - and, in these times, I'd not be surprised if the numbers of people employed, between the 2, has gone down from the number previously employed between BMW USA, and whatever Husky USA was. But, perhaps not. With a commitment to the brand KTM profess, they may increase employees, overall?

I've been shafted by changes in my 2, 2 wheeled industries I work in - inevitably by 'A' holes - I'm always happy that people within the industries, have expressed their belief in me, over 'A' holes that have done I, and many others, over. But, I elected to walk away from the industries, when it came to employment with others - I only do MC and Bicycle related things, on my own terms now. My other employment - teaching - well, I'm in the lap of the gods = Principals and Directors / Boards of Education, like my other fellow employees. I just signed a teaching contract, with 3 local schools. Now, as a 'burly' bloke, that looks more like peoples idea of a "Big Bad Biker", I do not fit the 'mold' - some of my new, fellow workers are aghast at me, and how I look, and carry myself. And Motorcycles - Quelle Horreur !! . Now, my "Boss", really wanted that very difference that I have from others, and my teaching record, stands for itself. But, I know that, I'm only in those jobs, whilst I fit the current boss's program / vision for her schools. I'd say the second she moves on, I'd be out the door - my 'difference' , so offends some. Perhaps, I will win them over, with the performance that should be what really counts - the results and happiness of the children I teach, and their parents.

There's little, to no job security, for the vast majority of us, in this life. I certainly hope the people that have been shafted by the latest 'aqquisition' of Husky, world wide, can pick up the pieces, and go onto better things.
    huskyduck, rasputin, john01 and 2 others like this.
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husky USA was literally ran by 6 people and it was run rather efficiently. BMW used a lot more with dreams of expanding, they just didn't understand the dirt bike market. BMW did improve parts supply and delivery to close to 100% and the parts prices were also lowered. The parts delivery time was also reduced under BMW. KTM has lowered parts fill rates to 60-70 percent and raised prices as well with the added bonus of parts taking longer to arrive. It will be interesting to see how things continue under KTM.
    Dirtdame likes this.