Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just got my WR running again today and I truly hope I can buy another one in the future. I've raced them all since 1974 and have settled on the WR 250. Re-valve the fork and ride it, done. The bike seems to maintain itself, I should sneak into the shop one night and check, it may be drinking my beer as well.
    Motosportz, 4eyes, ray_ray and 3 others like this.
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My question is how is it venting. It is a fact that I have always considered KTM motorcycles inferior to Husqvarna motorcycles.l I stick by my beliefs and am not targeting anyone in particular. In the event the new Husqvarna was a cloned KTM I stick by my philosophy as to who really would buy one? And for what reason? Most all of this is in vein as know one really knows what the true outcome is at this point and speculation and a hypothesis based on the information available at this time is just premature. My apology for the use of the term fool. I guess you would either be a uneducated consumer or a person who likes KTM motorcycles. Again writing something is almost like texting. Sometimes you do not get the true meaning of what is trying to be said. As a Husqvarna/Cagiva rider since 1987 this is just my opinion. And of course subject to both being agreed with or not. Just like one guy who loves Skidoo snowmobiles and another who loves Artic Cat. They both have their reasons why they feel and will argue over which one is better then the other. This site is a very good site for both friendship, education on products, bike reviews, tips, help etc.... A friend of mine once said. Fletch, either a guy likes you or hates you there is no in between. Certainly my apology for being harsh. I do tell it like I see it. And this can be good or bad. Yes I will run your KTM over on the trail. But on the same token. No matter if your riding a KTM or whatever I will borrow you gas or water,tools, and if your hurt will help you the best I can. And yes I will give you the HUSQVARNA jersey off my back if you need it. Enough said......................................
  3. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    Ah Fletch, you're a special and misunderstood individual. I love your passion - keep your posts coming!
  4. Chaz955i Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 125xc
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple
    People buying a rebadged KTM would be about as uneducated as the people who bought rebadged Cagivas. Funny how that works, huh? Bet KTM at least takes the time to remove their name from the castings. Cagiva didn't even bother doing that so anyone educated would certainly know exactly what the bike was, a tarted up Italian wannabe trying to cash in on a heritage they did nothing to create.

Here's a hint and i'll give it to you for free. Now is really about the time you should stop using the words "fool" or "uneducated" unless your posts are merely to be used as examples of both. Just tryin to help a brother out......
    Big and Husky and southy like this.
  5. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Unnecessary. Fletch's posts, whilst colourful & rambling at times, are always in good spirit & full of passion.

There's enough boring, politically correct BS in real life - we're lucky to be able to come onto such a forum & have a bit of fun & banter with like-minded enthusiasts. Anyway, every family needs a crazy uncle!
    rasputin, Parfo79, 4eyes and 5 others like this.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well it is already after 12 midnight on the east coast So that means it is April 1 also know as April fools day

SO LET THE STOIRES BEGIN Heard Beta bought KTM
    ray_ray likes this.
  7. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes... Let's all hope for some fresh news on which way this thing is going.....
  8. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Fletch is sporting a brand spanking new Pumpkin 4 stroke 500EXC & was overheard boasting "This is the bestest bike ever!"
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Now that is funny He has pictures poster over his bed
  10. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mind you, this is only a rumour. But experience has shown that Austrians have been attempting to control Germany throughout history and Mattighofen is said to be the center of a new conspiracy. Political domination resulted in the last catastrophe, so the plan´s being concealed under an orange cloak. But the dagger is aimed at the heart of Germany´s motorbike industry. The New Year will see the European Union under a new, orange flag. You have been warned!
  11. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    This day in History April 1st 1986 the formal announcement was made that Cagiva bought Husqvarna. Things have never been the same....
  12. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Holy cow.... my KTM just turned into a re-badged Husqvarna.
    juicypips likes this.
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Would you have been happier, if Electrolux just killed it then? I know I wouldn't have been.....
  14. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

here's another add to your conspiracy: when americans landed on the moon, ktm had already turned the planet into a secret motocross training facility. that's the truth about "the dark side of the moon".
    evidence:
    r
  15. 4eyes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R5
    Is it April 2nd yet in Europe? :popcorn:
  16. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would love to be around when the first guy comes up to Fletch with his new rebranded KTM and tells him how much he likes likes it. Fletch will of course tell him its not really a Husqvarna because its not made in Italy and the guy will say Austria, Italy..whats the difference?

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiXdonY6Ml0
    john01 likes this.
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

:lol: :lol: I can almost see him doing that!!!
  18. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I don't see that it makes any difference anyway, he rides a Gas Gas.
  19. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

20. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Interesting and of course I totally respect your opinion and read it 3 times to take it all in. Yes the fact of the matter is you brought back a good memory! Yes my 1990 Husqvarna WMX 125 had and engine in it that said CAGIVA and was dated 1988!!! How funny. But yes like almost any other company (AKA Gas Gas) well parts must be used up ! Remember I did apoligize for the (in this day and age of whiners and people who really do not want to here the truth) for the term fool or uneducated. But one thing you fail to point out is the FACT and it is a FACT. That Cagiva and Husqvarna were NEVER ARCH RIVAL"S while KTM and Husqvarna have ALWAYS ALWAYS been arch rivals. Dude to help a brother out. The point is WAY WAY over your head. I will stay nice. And please for your sake if your on a 2014 Husky and it has a KTM engine (with or without KTM stamped on the side case) and you happen to crash in front of me. Well, I guess you know what happens next!