Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    oops, duplicate...
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    and 225 pounds, and cost $5000 and has three tank options.
    7point62 likes this.
  3. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Hopefully that will be in Part 2 that will be published next week in Cycle News.
  4. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    So long as I can spend more time riding than wrenching (and searching for parts) I don't care.

Yeah, we'd all like a fleet of race bikes in the garage, but back in the real, practical world, the industry (based on selling fragile thumpers to people who don't really need them in order to perpetuate some kind of myth) is dying on it's backside.

I wouldn't mind if the performance / robustness ratio of dirtbikes had kept pace with streetbikes over the last decade or two, but it ain't so - and even Ducatis are lower maintenance than four stroke dirtbikes these days. :D
    Radbuster likes this.
  5. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    They need to do a better job at matching the red color. The plastic has a slight blue color... Perhaps it's just my eyes.
  6. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1

Photo caption contest....
    SP shows how he shook hands with Fletchman and welcomed him to the KTM brand.
    K
    :)
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    "With this hand I will bitch slap 100 years of progress down the drain." :D

(please no offence over this just making jokes)
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    or...

"how can I put this in terms you might understand?

ho·mo·ge·neous

1. of the same or a similar kind or nature

2. of uniform structure or composition throughout <a culturally homogeneous neighborhood>

3. having the property that if each variable is replaced by a constant times that variable the constant can be factored out : having each term of the same degree if all variables are "
  9. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    [IMG]
    As long as they don't look like this or cost as much as a KTM I'll stay loyal to the brand...
    Then again... this thing would cure my passenger peg problem...
    BILLF likes this.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Thanks and I'm trying to read this now ... I'm really getting tired of a few here on this site that continue to down-grading Huskies so much ... I hope this interview puts an end to the all the tt guys that seem to hang around here and make this site into a clown show ...
    --

Be prepared to get launched all you dips ...
    4eyes likes this.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wowo .. what a cool magazine for openers! Thanks for the posting and SP is the man ... Get used to it and get used to a new Husky... whatever that is ...

--
    Still reading this and alot to absorb ... SP mentions South America? If you don't know it yet, this ktm Group is gonna take over biking as the world (not just the states) know it ...
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I get up to a very nice day and then read childest crap like this ...

--

I'm on board with the ktm ... The Global Motorcycle Distributor... Be prepared to meet the Philippines factory ktm team and their champion rider up close and personal ...
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Why wait ... Thats the ktm factory(?) team behind my Husky ... Glenn Aguliar is the 14 yr Champ here ... I was chatting with the team manage... Of course he was a Filipino and had a great attitude and was good to talk with him ...

--
    ktm is the only bike company providing any support to it riders here as far as I know... I'm expecting a Husky team to maybe show up here (other than mine) and guess what? It does not take a million $ per race for a team. I'm living what you guys are talking ... Now how cool is that? hhaha

101_3072.JPG

We race again in 2 weeks ... I'll have more lovely orange pics for what ever this site has turned into now ...
  14. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    It would be more accurate to call it a BMW designed engine that is mfg'd by Kymco under BMW supervision.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

Please write all this down so that you can refresh your memory and NOT repeat it over and over ... Sort of shows you have intelligence ...
  16. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Totally agree. The hate on this site is disgusting. Orange hate, blue hate, SP hate. I'd say CH is changing faster than Husqvarna.
    4eyes, OlivierTE250 and LandofMotards like this.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    True ... Did everyone here lose 10-15 yrs of maturity over night?

--

Keep your clown remarks and let it play out ... You are not changing anything and sound like an educated child with all the small detrimental remarks to the brand ...

And if you don't like Huskies ..please go away ... Are you payed to stay here each day? If no, then you are just a rude person here who thinks they are a clown.... Are you a clown each day?
  18. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm afraid no hand shaking would ever take place just maybe a beat down. But before that takes place I will patiently wait for this smokescreen of drama to die down and find out what the facts are. If they can keep the brands distinctly separate from one another (IE' different frames, wheelbase and rake and trail and engines I have no problem. This drama would have never been created and would been in reverse order had they looked ahead many years ago. I firmly believe and stand with pride by my assessment that KTM products are inferior to Husqvarna. Just my opinion tactfully stated and of course my right. I don't criticize anyone who carry's on the torch. If they are clones I unfortunately must move onto something else as I am sure many may do. But of course I will ride ANY prior SP Husky! But again all speculation way to early and way way to many rumors going around to believe anything. And I may be crazy (Yea a few of you may think so, but at least I tell it like I see it with NO sugar or dare I say orange KoolAid<Yuck!) but for some reason and I am not sure why but I have some sneaky suspicion that if they cut the Italians out we have not heard the last of them! It may be because as humans we resist change and do not like it. Or I just do not want to let a dream die. Not sure. Any ways besides that. Ha Ha. Pretty funny and yes I got a kick out of it! But it must have been and impostor Fletchman cause it sure in the:censored: wasn't me !:D
    robertaccio likes this.
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Was a typical Alpha male "I've talked enough about me and my company....now you talk about me and my company". Good point on a serious note that he is that kind of guy to give a shot in the arm so to speak.
  20. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Once I heard Norm Foley bought a Husaberg TE 250.....I knew I just had to buy Husqvarna....
    robertaccio and Motosportz like this.