Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    There can easily can be another site to crank up to talk about Huskies+ktms ... My self, I'd rather hang with real ktm likers that tolerate Huskies than closet ktm guys that act like clown Husky guys on a ~Husqvarna site ...

--
    A place to find info on how to work on a bike is all I really need ...Dropping out of this soap opera that will continue (for yrs?) will be a positive move ESP if converted to more seat time here that is greatly needed.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Really? I don't notice it but then the site is getting big and I miss a lot as I just stay in the topics I like as everyone does. There are some passionate remarks here, some people get wound up over brands and it plays out when big things happen and a large diverse group sounds out. But I still think it is well moderated and high class here. There was another thread that this is an extension of that got locked when things got animated but many of us, myself included, said let it run out as people will just keep talking about it regardless. Now we have this monster thread. I see it as a sounding board and fun soap opera to watch unfold. We are a very diversified group pf people from all over the world so you are going to see all sides and angles of it. Perspective is everything. If a thread upsets you hit the "housekeeping" button and report it. There is no harm in this and it lets the mods get a feel for when things go out of hand. Also EZ to ignore threads that upset you. Sorry some are feeling that way.
    robertaccio, panhandlebars and john01 like this.
  3. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Oh C'mon now. Diehards don't want their favorite brand messed with. There's bound to be some fever pitch. Don't let the rediculous ramblings of a few members blubering orange hate, define this great forum, a forum can only be as good as its members. So if you're being a Dick (yous know who yous are) ........quit it. If you're not, then ignore those richards.... and report any pertinent news you hear!:thumbsup:
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    At this point there has been so much complaining, I, and I am sure others, cannot tell where the real issue is vs sarcasm.

If someone could point out specific issues, or has a specific suggestion, that would be great. If not... this will probably be another closed thread soon.
    MattR, huskybear, Blazes and 2 others like this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    so should I post my chick dancing vid you love here really quick to end this on :lol:

(Just trying to lighten the mood)
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Honesly I haven't read any hate post in this thread. Some lite hearted joking and a couple of members not liking it but thats it IMO. WE can and should keep it civil :cheers:. Besides some news may come out and I'd like to get my Husky news here.
    Coffee and 4eyes like this.
  7. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I think that's best responded to by your next post...

8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Let's see. A Husky with current 2stk engines in a frame similar to current WR / CR125. KTM wheels and PDS rear suspension. I like the simplicity and I can get them to work as good as any linkage system. Otherwise I want no changes.
    rancher1 likes this.
  9. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    I for one see the same --fear that was rampant when BMW took over --and when the Dust settled --There were a lot of HAPPY people out there riding bmw motors --Branded Husky :confused:

I raced Husqvarna in the mid seventies till eighties --The original Big bore 2 smokes 500cr's xc,s and some Wr 400's

Then i departed from racing to bring up my kids. 18 years later after may brands i went back to Husqvarna that was being built in Italy --Bought a 610te -Loved it so much i bought another in a crate as well :banana: Bought a crated carbed 510TE and only did 1000km on it did not enjoy the power supply at all-- just not for my kind of riding -love my 450 2007 te more.

So was the 610TE not a Cagiva motor ??? i dont care frankly as i love them both .
    Nowdays i think i have enough bikes for what i need -
    2 x 2009 610 TE's
    1 x 2007 450 TE
    1 x Factory works Eddie Seel Replica -- ORGASMIC:)
    And then 1 x Aprilla 750cc Dorsodura.
    Should i need another Husky -Cagiva or anything in that line again i will surely be able to pick up a good deal on one -- so let the storm blow over and i am sure Husqvarna will survive

They have through the years and if they dont we as the --LOST TRIBE -Will at least be able to say --We RODE them :cheers:
    Camstyn likes this.
  10. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Sorry Coffee, but nothing is constant. That 6 hours will change to 8 or 9 or 10 depending on how many times you go up and down this on a Husky Motard.....

Stelvio Pass

[IMG]

[IMG]

stelvio.JPG
    robertaccio, Coffee and Bill502 like this.
  11. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What´s all the fuss about? Husqvarna has just taken over KTM and Husaberg.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    awesome :thumbsup:
    BadMotoWeazal likes this.
  13. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

:eek: :eek:
    Stelvio Pass

[IMG]

[IMG]

View attachment 25082 [/quote]
    If you shrink the road down to a 2 foot wide path that's what the trails I rode in Idaho on my Husky looked like!!
    Coffee, Boogie and Big and Husky like this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Almost time we close this one.:thinking:

Maybe start over??
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    No... it is time for a better approach.
  18. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Roger, tower. Proceeding to runway 13 left... over.
  19. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I've got a buddy that loves KTM. If that is what he likes, more power to him. Does it bother me that he has a KTM? No, that would only indicate that I was jealous he has a KTM and I do not, which is not the case by a long shot. If I wanted a KTM, I'd go draw some cash out of the bank and buy a KTM. The truth is, I've never sat on a KTM that felt comfortable or "right" to me. To the converse, I've never sat on a Husky that didn't "fit". Does that mean one is better than the other? No. Given the high number of common OEM supplier parts and quality of both brands, only a fool would make such a claim. They are different. Ride what you like and be happy. Hopefully the changes that are coming will result in enough volume of new Husqvarnas in the US that they can meet the AMA homologation rules for Supercross and we can watch them battle it out with KTM every Sunday.
    4eyes and DTX915 like this.
  20. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Go Dirt Bikes ! I don't give a damn about the color.
    Blair7, MikeB and Motosportz like this.