Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    katy_husky.jpg

ok cafe
    only bikes
    husqvarna !
    :notworthy:
    2premo, robertaccio and 454x like this.
  2. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    There were a couple KTM's under the Husqvarna tent at the TN Knockout.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Maybe you can pit under a KTM tent, but all the Husky riders will have to wait until the lead ktm rider catches up before they can use the pit. :excuseme:
    guscycle, JonXX, oregonsage and 2 others like this.
  4. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    Husqvarna is dead.

Long live Husqvarna.

I saw a '13 berg FE250 yesterday and got a funny feeling.
    I told it quietly: "So you are the SOB that took out my friend. You better do everything perfect or I'll hate you until the end of time". It sort of winked at me and responded: "Don't worry I'm the real deal".
  5. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    awesome pics visiteur, as always...i always viewed my 95 wxc as a cagiva anyways
  6. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

husky going back to their roots... roadracing.
    http://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.speedweek.com/moto3/news/44149/KTM-Rennchef-Pit-Beirer-Mit-Husqvarna-in-die-Moto3.html&act=url

oh yes, when aprilia raced their rws250 also as "gilera", it added so much spice to 250cc gp-roadracing.it was just so thrilling to see those two "factories fight each other".

r
    typeone likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    That is actually really cool. I really believe the competition in sport bikes will trickle down to the dirt. It really seems that 2014 is just a do what they have to year. I'm actually excited to see what happens in 2015. Seems the brand will be its own by then
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    While Moto GP class 3 is interesting to me, I've no idea how that could possibly be 'going back to the roots of Husqvarna'. I will assume this is just another indication of what will be done vs what someone said will be done.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250

From Wikipedia....

Husqvarna competed in Grand Prix road racing in the 350cc and 500cc classes during the 1930s and was Sweden's largest motorcycle manufacturer by 1939. All of the racing bikes were based on a 50-degree V-twin prototype built by Folke Mannerstedt in 1931. They had solid-valve aluminum cylinders, an oddity at a time when most bikes had sodium cooling. The company team beat the Norton Works team at the Swedish GP in 1931 with a 1-2 finish by Ragnar Sundqvist and Gunnar Kalen. This and the next year's success led to a full commitment to the GP tracks with Stanley Woods and Ernie Nott joining the Husqvarna riding team. That year, Nott finished 3rd in the 350cc Junior TT and Woods ran out of gas 8 miles before the finish of the Senior TT. In 1935 the company withdrew racing support, but new bikes were still produced and raced privately,[3] while the company focused on producing a new 2-stroke, 2-speed commuter bike.[2] That year, Stanley Woods won the Swedish GP (marking the fourth year in a row that a "Husky" had won) on a 500cc Huqvarna motorcycle that weighted 279 pounds.[3]
    LandofMotards likes this.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Well ok, if that is the case then how is the TR650 "straying from Husqvarna's roots?"

If something exists long enough, like Husqvarna has, then all sorts of things has happened in the past.
    4eyes, 454x and Motosportz like this.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It always cracks me up when people say Husky is straying from their "roots" when building street bikes. Thats all they built at first, it IS their roots.
    JonXX, robertaccio and 4eyes like this.
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Once upon a time, the difference between a street bike and a dirt bike was.... the tires you put on it. :oldman:
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Just keep making posts like this, and you 'Likes' will continue to accumulate. :)
  15. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    And they had 6 inches of suspension travel ;)
    3 in front and 3 on the back :banana:
    withiam, mnb, bigjon and 4 others like this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    This is a good one for everyone that goes nuts over the competition bike market. They built race winning top tier road race bikes....only to kill support and sought to focus on commuter bikes......why?? because they needed to make money not spend it!!! And stay solvent.
    Lets just look at our little worlds of racing... who's making money out there racing??? No-one and we only fund the bike purchase upkeep and fees. Its all good though whatever KTM does will be about making money/marketing and putting on a good show.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I rode a 2012 KTM 450SX with linkage this weekend. Was a pretty nice bike.
  18. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Moto 3 has a lot of KTM powered bikes, now they will put a few Husqvarna decals on them just like they will be doing with the dirt bikes.
    robertaccio and Motosportz like this.
  19. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Someone bearing a striking resemblance to myself posted exactly this a few months ago and was scoffed at and ridiculed...I guess now it's cool.

Funny how people don't want to talk about Husky being a roadracing powerhouse, winning many GP's and a couple of world championships back in "the beginning" before they became a powerhouse in the dirt.

I want a Nuda R, dammit.
    4eyes and Blazes like this.
  20. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

they will have to homologate the bikes first. before they race. unless the husaberg homologation will be rolled over to the husky brand.. ??