1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Any news about 2013 ?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HomeFinance, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    just like the BMW... :rolleyes:
  2. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Thank, duggoey, for the scans. The Husky Adventure looks great. Hopefully light, powerful and comfortable for long distance rides.
  3. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Love my tc 449 with the tank under the seat. Wouldn't trade it for any jap bike.
    Ruffus and bbc like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    +1 :thumbsup:
  5. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

All they would have to do would be offer a Husky TE\WR (Wide Ratio Tranny) as a factory option at no addition cost & they'd make crapload of Husky faithful ecstatic. Factory oversized tanks options that keep the fuel center of gravity nice & low. They already have awesome bikes. Just a little tweak & they be giant killers.
    Picklito and duggoey like this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I know. I mean we have been absolutely SHOUTING for bigger tanks (which we would gladly by after the sale) and wide ratio trans. This would sell 30-40% more bikes in the US and several other markets. This has been going on since before Harding tried to get them to understand this. Very frustrating. Husky get off your ass and freaking do this and watch sales double. You want to sell bikes right?
    jerbear610 and Rearwheelin like this.
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    It is almost like someone waaay up the foodchain at Husky now BMW/Husky hates Mericans with their wide open spaces. The thing of it is that many other markets like Aus, Canada and South America would welcome a Husky with "longer legs".
    This discussion has gone on so long without any apparent interest from the factory that it is unbelievable.
    BMW/HUSKY:
    You can capture more market if you offer what more of the market wants.
    HELLO
  8. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1. Racing isn't everything. And if it was, Husky isn't in enough racing to make it matter.
    2. The current line is very good, but they need some tweaking.
    3. Provide what your customers want and they will buy it
    4. They want wide ratio transmissions, although not everyone does. So KTM it and offer both. Start with a limited run of wide ratio bikes, allow after sales plug in tranny swaps and tweak production numbers based on demand as the years go on (ie: ramp up).
    5. They want some range! Racer's don't care and like the light weight, but see #1. Many customers want range. Give us 4-5 gallon tanks please. Or at least bribe IMS or Safari to step it up.
    6. Low 310s and 449s would be nice. The low 250 definitely fits the female and short legged market better than most.
    7. Nice job on the TXC! Roll the good stuff into the rest of the line.
    8. Properly sized apparel. Jerseys 3 sizes too small? Come on, folks. I know I'm overweight. That's why I ordered a XXXL. Which is a size larger than normal. And I couldn't even put it on. A spray painted shirt would have been looser fitting. We want to fly the brand because we love our Huskys!
    9. Speaking of flying the brand. How about a rugged, high wind resistant Husky EZup? :) Preferably not at double the cost of a normal EZup...
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    All great points.

and

We already have the TC/TXC/TE so the models are there just put the big tank and wide ratio on the TE and maybe the TXC and lets get it on.
  10. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don´t want any of the above and am entirely satisfied with the Husky range as it is. In fact, I´m a bit anxious about the novelties they´ve got in store (Moab etc) and think I can do without. My next bike´ll be a Husky, but not the 630 I´ve now got but one a bit lighter, with more power and more agile.
    DG Harv Serv likes this.
  11. Benriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a TE 310. Just would like a taller 6th. Maybe then they wouldn't have to give out 2 sets of chain and sprockets. Aftermarket tank choices would be nice but I consider 2.5 gal to be optimal for my riding so the stock tank is close enough. A larger tank would be nice for if I went out west.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Does not need top be for every market but would REALLY boost sales in many.
  13. Benriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just please DON'T TURM THEM INTO DRZs WITH BIG TANKS!
    DG Harv Serv likes this.
  14. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Same few beating the same drum !

Dont you guys get fed up with typing the same crap ?

You have no idea how sales would be effected (you are guessing !) by "americanizing" them !

Leave european race bikes (TEs) as they are please Mr Husky ! We use them for what they were intended and love em !
    Paul B and 310huskyTE like this.
  15. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yeah, screw the biggest market!
  16. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I really don't think anyone is suggesting any changes to what is already available. I know I have not.
    Over here in the West our counties can be larger than some Euro countries, so having a bike to cover what might seem to some as vast distances is of importance. KTM seems to understand this concept and offeres a wide ratio transmission option for their bikes and I don't hear anyone saying the brand is less race capable.:excuseme:
    And no, I would say I don't get anymore tired of typing my "crap" than you tire of typing yours...
    Motosportz and mnb like this.
  17. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Americans BAD! UGH! Ignore the potentially largest market on Earth! UGH! :rolleyes:
  18. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

I never said "Americans Bad" or "screw the biggest market" but, remember biggest is not always best ..... (or correct !)

If you want this " USA model " leave the rest of us out of it . We like the TE as is because we USE IT FOR WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR .

The TXC is strangely a "USA only" model (some exceptions) and you dont want that either ?

When a company tries to make a "one model fits all" usually no one will be 100% happy.

So the few serial posters on this topic (who seem to bring this up on 90% of threads on this forum regardless of subject !) PLEASE ask for a US Model, not mods to what exists now.

One thought , if KTM makes the perfect bike for you, why are you not riding one ???????
    vntgmx and dave lindsey like this.
  19. kiwitxc Husqvarna
    A Class

Is it the biggest market though, I'd like to see a per country breakdown, I'm betting Australia might just surprise you.

In saying that, a wide ratio gear box, fix the damn sump plug on the 310 & making air cleaner maintenance as easy as a KTM would be my three big requests.
  20. Paul B Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2099 TE310 with SHOWA forks
    Yeah but remember that the nice easy air filter access on the KTM's is also the reason that they are the first to require de-watering at the river crossing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.