APT SmartCarb

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Eaglefreek, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yeah, hurry up and send it to me, you promised on the internet :D
    john01 and 454x like this.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just ordered it today and it will be here in 2-3 days. The day it gets here it will be bolted on and tested. I'll let you guys know here and start a new thread on how it worked. Oh.... yep K it will be ran here then sent to you to see what you think plus you write better :D!
  3. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    I've got one coming for my 144. Wish they took Husky Bucks!
    454x likes this.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool I'll race you to the test :D.
  5. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Don't shoot me if it's snake oil. I was just asking if anyone heard about them in my original post. ;)
    Coffee likes this.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL we won't but if it is they have sales people posting as riders. I'll give my .02 after testing it but I'm $775.00 worth of thinking it will work.
    454x likes this.
  7. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'll be late to the starting line, I won't see my bike until Wednesday. :cheers:
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Oh. I hate to rush my weekend away but I really can't wait to see what this SmartCarb is gonna feel like. So have you ridden your bike yet or is it new to ya?
  9. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
  10. rajobigguy Administrator

It reminds me of the old POSI-FUEL carb/"fuel injection" which was similar to the Lectron carb. The Posi-fuel had no float bowl and was fed directly from the fuel tank and could be used with a a fuel pump and regulator. I used one for a while (posi-fuel) with limited success.
  11. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bought the bike on a Thursday. On Friday I changed the cylinder, needle & jetting to CH rider specs, put the Fatty on, heat cycled it, tested a bit, changed the PV spring and adjusted, then smiled as big as I could. Raced it on Sunday! Best bike I've ever owned. Jetting was off, though. Rode the Muddobber Enduro the next weekend, scared to death I was going to burn the piston on the fast stuff. Raced again the next weekend, jetting better but not good consistently. Raced the GNCC last weekend with an even fatter MJ, was much better. But the temperature also warmed up. so I'm thinking how big of a MJ do I need for cold weather??? This carb will be ideal if it's as advertised. Short answer is I've 'ridden' the bike four times! I'm really on the fence on the 165 kit...
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 165 kit is the BOMB! I really liked my 144 high comp kit but the 165 has so much more smooth power it's actually easier for me to ride. I'm hopeing the smartcarb just keeps me from having to keep up with temp changes.
    Vinduro likes this.
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It's raining here in central VA today so my plan was just to bolt on my SmartCarb and see if the bike would start. Well it not only started but it had the smoothest cleanest idle I've ver heard so I couldn't stand it and once warmed had to take it for a spin in the rain. I made some passes in my back pasture and after 3 turns richer on the adjust knob the bike feels awesome :applause:. It pulls so fast and clean it feels like a different bike. My son's bike is a 2011 TM 250mx with RB carb and head mods and he's hard to impress but after watching me have fun he had to take the WB165 out and do his own "testing". He said "wow this thing spins up so fast now"! He also said the throttle response is so much cleaner crisper it feels like the bike has FI. I totally agree. The SmartCarb has exceeded my expectation by a LOT! I'm not a very good writer/reporter so you may want to wait on Kelly's report once I send it to him for his .02. I will have a follow up once things dry out a little but for now, LOVE IT. BTW it fit like a glove on my 2008 CR125/WB165; the carb is only slightly longer than my Mikuni between the rubber boots.
  14. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    pics of the intall PLEASE !
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL I can take them and email them you but can't post them on site.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

awesome info thanks. Don't feel like you have to send it to me. Whatever works. Sounds cool.
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have three other bikes I ride so after a few rides I'll send it your way and see what you think. Man I'm tempted to put it on my 05 RM250.
  18. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Glad to hear it actually works as advertised.
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks, ME TOO :cheers: !
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    OK now you have to send it to me as I am really interested in it :D