Canadian Husky Distributor Announced

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Norman Foley, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The Canadian husky dealer or supporters seem VERY competitive and seem to trash talk each other a lot. I have seen this for a few years. Having done business with some of them I find it interesting how they talk about each other. Must be that it is a smaller market and they know each other or are trying real hard to carve themselves out as THE husky guy. I don't see near as much of that here in the US for some reason. It is an odd and interesting thing.
  2. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    That's not possible, this is Canada, we're too polite for those sorts of shenanigans. :busted:
  3. NFG Husqvarna
    AA Class

Polite we are. Ha ha ha......
  4. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    That's because you live there... and you only hear one side of the story.
  5. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

uhmmm didn't you just start a thread that was trashing ZipTy?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WOW guys, did not mean to piss you off just noticed a lot of heated. Sorry if any of you took my post as offensive. If anything i was surprised how aggressive these dealers are. Thats not a bad thing, especially for husky. Scotty and Bill have both been great to deal with as have a few others. Not trash talking anyone but i can see how that might have come across.

No I did not Trash Zipty just wondered why I never get a response and if it was me or ??? I'd just like to know about the Jardine exhaust they are developing. I have met Ty a few times and always thought he was a great guy and knows a TON.

sorry.
  7. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Don't mess with Canada! (doesnt quite have the same ring as 'dont mess with texas')

:D:D:D:D
  8. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

I have no idea about dealers bashing. I was just pointing out it was kinda funny that you would post that thread calling out ZipTy for not returning your emails in a public forum while also making a comment about dealers bashing each other. Just thought it was funny. That is all.
  9. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am not bashing any other CDN dealer. I have had a couple call me up and scream at me for selling one of "their" customers a bike though...
  10. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    is there any updates on when they are announcing the dealers?
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes, to be perfectly clear Scotty has been nothing but great to deal with and trash talked no one. I should not have posted. I just found it interesting over the years how aggressive the Canadian dealers are. i think it is because of a smaller dealer base. Did not mean to start a shit storm.

I have no idea how those two things are related.

Was just trying to get a response on the Jardine pipes from ZipTy, got a great response from them (thanks Steve) and now we all know when and how much we can get one. So actually I promoted sales to ZipTy and will be buying one myself.
  12. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    I believe Josh told me we'd probably find out sometime in January.

I was interested whether there would be any dealers closer to me, as I'm about 2 hours from Scott's place.

It occurred to me later, though... What if there is a closer dealer? It's going to be a dealer to which Husky is a new brand. If I need serious servicing on my bike, that I couldn't do myself, wouldn't I be better off taking it back to Scott, since his shop has the experience of working on them for a few years now? I'd also add that having bought my bike from them, I'd like to continue to support them, so that weighs in their favour, as well.

I realize it's different for you guys on the West coast, as you're obviously not going to be sending your bike back here for work, so you're probably pretty anxious to find out who the new dealers will be.
  13. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

As you can see from some of the "power up" posts and fuel injection problems - the Husky brand is not like selling cookies or bicycles.

The distributor has to spend the TIME and MONEY to have the staff trained on these machines, then keep in touch with the factory and riders to keep up on tweaks that are coming down the pipe.

If these new distributors follow Scott's lead in service and SUPPORT he provides - this will be a great move for Husky. If they throw them on the sales floor with a few brouchures it'll kill the brand.

My opinion anyways.

MAT
  14. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are you talking about Scott from Ross Rocher Sales, then yes I totally agree with you. I am a long ways from Canada but have seen over the years the bikes and service that he provides. In the past I have asked him questions and have always got a polite response. I hope they understand how lucky they are to have him as a dealer.
  15. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    It's January! Any word on Vancouver dealers?

:confused:
  16. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

A Vancouver area dealer will be announced next week. All parties were told to submit a proposal and a dealer would be picked by the 15th. If the dealer(s) did not submit a plan, they will not be considered.
  17. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Ooooo exciting. :thumbsup:
  18. 6Ten Husqvarna
    B Class

I don't want to see Pac Yam selling Husky. Man I wish you had a shop here on the West Coast...
  19. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am not sure if it will be Pac Yam or not...
  20. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I know who the dealer is in Kamloops. :D