Husky Trip to the Tip

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Mike Kay, Aug 13, 2009.

1. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'M heading out. I have a few stops to make, but I should be @up-tote by noon.

Can anyone tell me how to upload images here from an iPhone?
    I can get them on my facebook easily but can't seem to get the URL to post here.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I don't know about posting those photos... sorry.

I'm going riding myself. Best of luck to everyone and have fun! :thumbsup:

I do have a bit of advice though. Think about how you are packing the bags that go into the chase vehicle because that can be a rough ride! I'll post up pics later...but things got ugly in my gear bag.

Also the fuel jugs need to be packed, we lost at least 1 the last trip we did because of chafe/bumps - a leak developed.
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I just got off the phone with George. Poor guy's been working on bikes alllll day :)

BentAero and Yossarian got there about 1pm today. It was a brutal haul for them but they made it safe and sound. Mike is there, and everyone is loaded up and ready to leave.

I wished them all good luck and safe travels, then I hung up the phone and realized how bummed I was that I wasn't able to make the trip myself.

All we can do now is wait for the ride reports to come streaming in :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  4. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Yah, It was great to see the faces to the names on the web. Meeting all the guys that are going to ride the Baja ride to Cabo was cool. I spent a good 2 hours or so just hanging out and helping were I could. No, I am not missing out, my plans are different for the week. It (Up-tite) is a perfect spot to prep for a ride like this. It was very nice of George to run through all the bikes to make sure they were ready for the trip. I wished them all safety and took off myself.
  5. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well they just left here at 4:30, all were still alive, and in good spirits.
    3 of the bikes wouldn't have made 50 miles, just some minor tweeking and adjustments took care of it. The seemingly little things always bite you in the butt big time.
    Crash checked them out when they were unloaded out front then sent them around back for some adjustments, blind bastard causes me a lot of work.
    They are susposto check in daily,then I will post a report.
    Later George
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Right on, George :thumbsup: Thanks for the update, and thanks for making sure our boys stay safe and on two wheels! It is much appreciated:)

Glad you were able to be there, too, Palmer! What fun to send off the gang :cheers:

WoodsChick
  7. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

We're spending the night in San Clemente. So I can read what you (excpetive deleted) are saying about us:lol

a Harley gang just rode in so i gotta go, I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a brawl
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Awesome! :thumbsup:

I'm sure the guys that came from the snow could use a night in San Clemente, nice place! Warmer than snow country too!

Anyone have a link to some of those house pics so the loved ones left behind can see what they are missing?
  9. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

That house is the bomb.
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Those are the pics!

I'm sure the loved ones back home will not worry as much now. Possibly other feelings, but less worry. :)
  12. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ya, there was was not a lot of arm twisting involved:

"wanna stay here, for free, or ride in the dark on icy Mexican roads?"

"k'
    "k"
    "Whatever"
    "Here"
    "Um, yeah here is good"
    "K"
    "K"

my cell signal sucks in this house... A minor inconvenience I will have to address with the proprietor, so sadly no pix for you-all.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I called George and gave him my cell number to give to anyone who wants it. If I can be of help let me know, I'm reasonably resourceful.

If you did not get my #, but would like it let me know and I can PM you.
  14. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

we decided it would be safer to ride early In the am. One variable not factored into The equation however was insomnia:banghead:

getting up @ 4am sure seemed more sensible at 6pm:doh:
  15. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

My bike ready to go in the AM:thumbsup:
    [IMG]

I feel like I am riding a Harley and everybody else has "dirt" bikes.
    [IMG]

I've never seen crash have so much energy! He was all over the place, howling and well 'crashing' into bikes. I think he thought he was coming along!
    [IMG]

when I arrived several of the guys were out back with George (in the red)
    [IMG]

norcalslowpoke & lifeinsepia, thanks for controlling the plumber butt guys! we all appreciate it:thumbsup:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

some of these guys sure came a long ways for this ride!!:eek:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

George workin his magic
    [IMG]

This is a picture of 8 grown men, learning how to wipe their butt.:busted:
    [IMG]

SepticSkeptic and the chase truck all loaded for the ride down to San Clemente.
    [IMG]

we hit the road right as the sun was setting. SepticSkeptic and I on our 610's and the ladies in their nice cozy suv's:lol:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I sort of missed while taking this. if you ever wondered what the lynx dasj looks like here you go
    [IMG]

once we got to Mike's brother's we had to clean out the trailer, creating a bit of dust. i supervised and documented the effort.
    [IMG]

Mike's brother's house is really cool
    [IMG]

We went out to a hip little pizza place for dinner, and mike decided to move the truck into ridiculously small space.
    [IMG]
  16. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

All that matters is the end result I guess:notworthy:
    [IMG]

We all laid into the beers:cheers: but these two mormon guys (or was it Amish?) switched to water!!! :excuseme: Can you believe the nerve!?
    Something about not wanting to mix Alcohol with Ambien later. Now that's I'm sitting here typing on the intergoogle at 3 am I'm wondering if they were on to something
    (Yossarian and bentaero)
    [IMG]

hot waitress brought cute pizza and we all grabbed a piece
    [IMG]

Let me tell you, the stories were, um, interesting mealtime conversation.

"Ever heard of Bot Flies?"
    "Bot Flies! Boy do I have a Bot Fly story!"
    "Me Too! OMG!"
    "MMmm, this pizza is delish, so how far did the maggots shoot out of your leg?"

It was a brutal day, 30 miles of slab on the 405. I dunno how I survived.:cool:
  17. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    Still Mrs. Yo here. Great to see these pics! I promise I'm not lurking anywhere else on the site, just this thread.

Yossarian is speaking from experience on the ambien/alcohol mix. It ain't pretty.

Happy trails....
    :cheers:
  18. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Thanks for the updates!
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    :confused:

Please feel free to visit anywhere on the site, let me know if you need anything. :thumbsup:

You could even sign up another username/account if you want.

It is my hope that updates will be posted to this thread as the trip progresses so everyone can follow along. George said they would be contacting him and he will be posting.
  20. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Bot flies! :eek: May none of you get involved with those on the trip. That could make a person puke, or worse. :censored: