1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Just picked up a TE310. Can someone help me out?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by gp1152, Mar 16, 2013.

1. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Streetfighter 1098s

Thanks guys. Guess it can't hurt to clean everything up and keep it.
  2. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Man, you have TWO dealers within 45 miles........
  3. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    keep the charcoal cannister. Some cops/rangers will tag you for it and it's a $1500 fine for modifying your emissions control IIRC.
  4. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    What do they do, test you out in the middle of nowhere??
  5. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bike worked great this past weekend in death valley. (pictures HERE) Initial impressions are:
    - Bike ened up getting just about 60 MPG (on the road between trails). Huge plus!!!
    - Seat makes your ass feel as though you just got out of a turkish prison (I know it's not for comfort, but neither is my Streetfighter and THAT feels like a plush couch compared to this)
    - Definitely more rideable after making the adjustments listed above. Still think I'll go with a power commander though
    - Note to self, ride the with your boots and make adjustments to foot controls BEFORE heading out next time.
    - Love this thing!!

[IMG]
  6. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Congrats on all- having someone competent that has the tools and knowledge is the fastest way resolve. Raising the idle, makes a big difference in feel and smoothness when you are on and off the throttle. From here the bike will smooth out with break in and you'll become more accustomed to its characteristics. The seat issue... of course you can buy different foam, or entirely different seats, but yours will soften up some with use. Also, don't forget to stand up. Standing up and wearing good 'bike shorts' is necessary. Aside from that- saddle time makes all the difference. Remember "the best upgrade is $600 in gasoline through your tank"- guarantee you'll be faster and having more fun after you spend that, plus the work is memorable.
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Where else do you like (or plan) to ride besides Death Valley?
  8. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, standing up of course makes a huge difference. But the problem wasn't in the dirt, it was on the fairly long (for the husky) rides on-road to the different spots. Not a huge deal but definitely worthy of some new foam.
  9. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    We're going to ride some of the areas in the foothills soon. Also saw some USFS areas near Mendocino that look promising. Any suggestions?
  10. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic/Ducati SFV2
    That's great milage.... Mine is about 42 mpg or 85 miles when my reserve light comes on, but that's more of a slow roads and dirt mix. Good you got it sorted. I need to check out Death Valley sometime. Nice photos BTW.
  11. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    It'
    It's obvious just by looking at the bike that it's missing. They probably won't hassle you for that alone, but if you already got their attention...
  12. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yeah standing up when off road is important. BUT - when I see someone stand up when ON ROAD - and looking around like they some king of the road - frustrates me to no end. I was in town , and saw this guy on some bigger dual sport with the luggage stuff, and standing up while putting along in town road traffic - looking around like he's a king of the throne. I actually passed him and signed with my right hand to sit... lmao - just looks dumb if you do it on-road. so dumb. off road where there's gnarley bumps and stuff - ya totally understandable.. on road makes u look like the biggest toolbox.:banghead:
  13. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'd stand every now and then while on-road but only for relief. At 55-60 mph on this thing though it's like opening a parachute. So.....that's why some better foam might be in order.
  14. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks John.
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Apparently I am a toolbox, at least some of the time for a few specific reasons (get peoples attention who are about to hit me/pull out in front of me, 'relief' (guy thing), finding things like people who drove their car/truck off the road...)
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    "Membership has it's privileges" so to speak.

Private facility. Not great but the only complaints so far was the poison oak.. which can be avoided. Trying to get interest from the people who may want to come farther distances before picking a date, but probably sometime in May we will try to have a larger group of people for a few days at least.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/ch-corporate-facility-march-24th-2013-round-2.30956/

Other than that, prior to it catching fire last July, I would have suggested Stonyford which I believe is due to re-open this summer. And there are other places near Clear Lake.
  17. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Well there's some instances yah it's fine, possibly temporary to 'look for' somebody or something . But this guy, I was behind him going through a touristy town (20-25 mph roads) , and he was standing up looking around on his bike for at least 5 minutes straight (never sitting back down mind you) before I finally passed him. Like trying to be the 'alpha-dog' and so proud of his 900 dual sport or whatever it was - standing tall on his throne. Just looks obnoxious in my opinion - but if that's what you do - then so be it. You sure as heck will never see me doing it. Off road completely different story. Or temporarily standing up to look for something. But this dude was doing it like 'I'm the man, look at me' - cause he wasn't sitting back down.. just standing -- his bike sure looked like it had a comfortable seat when I vrooomed by him hehe - maybe im being unjust, but was annoying to watch especially since those type of bikes have a very comfy seat.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  19. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    On long rides (12-14+ hours) I like to stand as long as I can when I can where it's legal, before getting back up to highway speed. One day (s) I rode from 6am until 2:30am the following day, with only brief breaks. I hope I don't ruin your day if you see me going through your town while standing on the pegs.:excuseme:
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'm always disappointed when I see a motorcyclist standing up too. I expect them to do something cool like a wheelie and then their just stretching...boring lol