1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Just picked up a TE310. Can someone help me out?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by gp1152, Mar 16, 2013.

1. kenny310 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TWO TE 310 s
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda cb500/ WR 450
    i have the 2012 TE 310 and am wondering if i need that change i have over 1000km on it and am struggling with it (can't hold a constant throttle )
    do you have the 250 or 310 and did you ride your bike with original ecu/injector then TXC one?
  2. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    In my opinion, yes, along with G2 Throttle Tamer.
    Radar likes this.
  3. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Streetfighter 1098s
    As you might have read at the beginning of this thread I had the same struggle with mine. I bought it on a Saturday, rode it for 5 minutes that night and it sucked. If its any indication, I was at the Husky dealer on Monday getting everything done. I would have gone the next day but the dealer was closed.
    The bike as it comes stock, to me, isn't really rideable. I mean, it will get you somewhere but it'll be a crap ride. I say, get it done. It's well worth it. I'm also going to have a power commander installed which should make it even better.
  4. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    New to this 4 page thread here....I read that your bike feels twitchy on the road. Have you ridden it in the dirt?
  5. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Go back a page and see the post with the picture of my bike in the middle of the road. There's a link there that should answer your question :thumbsup:
  6. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    I've got the 2013 310r with keihin FI so it doesn't apply to my bike.
    My friend has the 2012 with mikuni FI with the upgraded injector and ECU. It makes it run like it should.

So, yes. Install it. It will improve the bike.

Check this out.

http://www.husqvarnamotorcycles.com.au/content.asp?id=29
  7. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    Holy Heavenly trip gp! Pictures are awesome! Looks like you are getting things worked out nicely! My short story re my 08te510. Bought it used with 800 miles. Rode it around town and thought WTF is wrong with this thing? It was temperamental, quirky, snorty, and not smooth at all in any regard. Good thing is, I didn't buy it to ride on the street. As soon as I got it out to the desert I realized it rode like a dirt bike should. In the dirt. Put the jd tuner on (not sure if it even needed it, but I joined the fray right when it came out and was receiving rave reviews). After that I had the suspension done, and that was all she wrote. Great off road / desert bike, not even close to being a good on road bike. Perfect for me! I'll have to remember to check into the ride report section on the forum to keep up with your posts! Who is that babe in the last picture? My is she blessed!:thumbsup:
  8. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:

Ben, glad your bike worked out so well for you. In spite of ME, the bike did in fact run really well on our DV getaway. Still think I'll go with a Power Commander sometime soon though. But overall really like the bike. Seems like the learning curve will be much better on this bike than on something else.

The babe is my wife. I'm lucky. I know it's not every day you find someone to share so much of your interests with. We regularly get away for long weekends on the bikes and just this past august-sept we did a 15 day, 3,000 mile trip to Canada and back (if you're interested the ride report is HERE). We're originally from the west coast and have done multiple 3,000+ mile trips over that way, but this was our first since moving here to the west coast.

Here's her other bike (my gift to her a few months ago for xmas). This picture is from a recent weekend trip down the coast to Cambria:
    [IMG]
  9. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Where do you notice performance lacking with the TXC ECU and injector? Are you going to go with a closed loop system on the Power Commander? If so, please keep us updated. I'm curious to see how well the 310 performs with a broadband lambda sensor keeping the mixture perfect across the entire powerband instead of just the three static settings available via iBeat.
  10. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's not so much a performance issue as much as just wanting to smooth out the throttle a bit more. Some people here have also suggested a throttle tube. We'll see what happens. It's also still pretty new so it WILL get smoother over time.
    Either way, when I get it I'll post my impressions.
  11. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Guys, one thing I forgot to mention and ask about was a shutter I was getting when on the road. I felt it thru the handle bars at speeds over 50 mph. it would shutter (or bounce) for a couple of seconds, then smooth out for a few seconds, then shutter for a few seconds, then smooth out, and over and over. It wasn't the road. Prior to heading out I set the suspension to the softest settings since the suspension is brand new and wasn't broken in at all or settled any. Could that have been the issue? I never did get a chance to change it back and test it on the road.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I wonder if your tires need balanced. I never mount my own tires and not sure what the factory/dealer does for TE's
    Coffee and benwiggin2 like this.
  13. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    does she have a sister? Aunt maybe?
    OlderHuskyRider likes this.
  14. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    That was my first guess, but since the bike had pretty much just come off the showroom floor I dismissed the idea. I may be giving the dealer more credit than they deserve. May be the case though. That rim-lock could need a counterweight to it.
  15. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    lol, no but she has a younger brother :banana:
  16. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    My guess would be balance as well....mine did the same when I rode some ashphalt...secondary hwy at speeds of 75-80 km for a good 15 k to access trail. Here's a question....I am reliving my youth days and my YZ 80....are these bikes meant to be in 6th gear and rpm of 4-5000 rpm for "sustained periods of time" without harm?? 2007 TE 450
  17. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    I read somewhere here that the red-line for the bike is +/- 12,000 RPM, so my guess would be that it's fine. Mine was somewhere (if I remember correctly) around 6,250 @ 55 MPH and although it has a good bit of vibration it certainly didn't seem like it was straining.

Added.......From the manual:

"This motorcycles was not designed for longtrips with the engine always at maximum rpm as can occur whilst travelling onroadsor highways. Long trips at full throttle cancause severe damage to the engine."

Can't imagine that 55-60 mph on this bike would be considered max rpm or full throttle. Like I said, at 55mph my bike was at half of what the redline (or what they probably consider "max rpm") would be.
  18. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I know from factory, the TE 250's have a throttle limiter that stops engine cranking beyond roughly 6500rpms (non-power up mode, under warranty). So if I'm travelling long times, I would definitely suggest under that - which is damn near impossible on a 250 travelling on roadways. Though depending on who you talk to, some are perfectly comfortable sustaining 6500-8500rpms - but that's just asking for something to go wrong sooner then later if you ask me.

I can't imagine a te450 sustaining 4000-5000 rpm be that bad, just be sure to keep fresh oil in there and I'm guessing it'll last. I just picked up a WR450F (so pumped!) for my longer road trips (below 55mph) and keeping the TE250 for the gnarley off road stuff.
  19. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    Well said. My buddy just picked up a WR 400F. His bike is a little older (99) and found that this sucker overheats if at a standstill for longer than 3 min. I guess this is par for this year. To be honest, the WR was going to be my first choice until I literally stumbled upon this bike and can't rave enough about HOW FUN this is on trail and I've yet to really test myself or this bike on technical trail yet ;)
  20. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:

So question then: We rode roughly 50 miles from Furnace Creek in Death Valley to Scotty's castle, then back. This was all at about 55-60 mph. Would you consider this riding for "long times"? I just ordered a few oil filters and a case of Castrol Power RS 10w-50 oil (was cheaper to buy a case of 6 on Amazon) and have no problem changing the oil more often if that helps.