KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    I used to always carry spare coolant with me wherever I took my KTM's, hahaha Then this past weekend I had to go find some coolant when the dang coolant hose on a TXC310R started leaking because of a chaffed hose with like no hours on it. At least it's a minor prep issue and not a re-engineering issue like the 4t KTM that's been using a 2t water pump since the dang 90's.
  2. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

OK made some calls this morning and got a little info. First..BWM is definatly selling. Second...KTM and AG Cross are not buying them. Stefan Pierre the man that owns KTM is buying them. Now what that means extacly no one knows. You can speculate all kinds of senarios and I have heard some wild ones I will not even repeat because they cannot be substaniated.
    ray_ray and 454x like this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    interesting.

this from ADV...

Apparently Husky has been sold to Stefan Peirer, not to KTM

As already whispered BMW Motorrad sells its subsidiary Husqvarna Motorcycles, KTM but not to the personal business of its CEO Stefan Pierer called Pierer Industries AG. The consequences for Pierers role as CEO of KTM is still unclear and will in the next six time be sought out. It is obvious that the European competition authorities to interfere with this, but also the chance that Pierer abundantly present his position at KTM will resign. For some time Pierer still the CEO of the Austrian motorcycle company, but a large part of the shares therein are sold to the Indian motorcycle giant Bajaj. Purchasing Husqvarna Pierer would potentially enable again completely with a clean slate to start again.

There will be viewed in the coming months if there is any form of cooperation between KTM and Husqvarna is possible, there is at least already a new model announced at the EICMA 2013 already will be shown

This morning we reported that KTM is not in the market to buy Husqvarna, this would also not very logical step. For BMW ensures the sale of Husqvarna for substantially losing face. The German company pumped millions into the Italian Husqvarna, but could never make a success of.

The following chart is from Cross Industries Ltd, the company which Bajaj for almost half owner. It now owns Husqvarna said Pierer Industries AG makes no part of it.

Original link in Dutch

So if Google translate is to be believed, Peirer sells his remaining shares in KTM to Bajaj and goes forth to resurrect Husky. Makes more sense, especially the part about the European anti-trust authorities

So does that mean it is not really KTM buying it? Maybe this guy wants to do big things with husky? Light at the end of the tunnel?
  4. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is what I am hearing now as well.
  5. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Heh, I was going to post this "This just in... KTM to bring Husaberg and Husky back together, moving them back to Sweden and their roots. The KTM brand will be discontinued because Malcolm Smith never won squat on orange."

And then I see the current rumors aren't that far off from it. KTM's CEO to leave KTM and rebuild Husky? That might be interesting...

I wonder if CTS has anything to do with this... That is the only thing of substance that BMW brought to Husky technology wise.
    Captnemo likes this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    If this is all true this news might have gone from "oh crap" to "F yeah!" It would be great to see someone with KTM vision go all in with husky and make it the top dog again. Interesting times.
  7. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

if the things that you quoted are true, this may be the best news for husqvarna since many many years.

r
    wallybean likes this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I am actually quite happy right now, this might be really good news for us

Since the brand Indian Bajaj became a shareholder of KTM , in 2007, with 14.5%, its president StefanPierer never been entirely comfortable . When in 2011 the Indian brand bought more shares to reach 39% of the Austrian brand, and in March 2012 to reach 47%, Pierer felt even more uncomfortable, because presumably the brand india buy more shares and eventually leaving him side in no time, taking control of "their" ship.

It was a matter of time that Bajaj pass to have a 51% minimum, to shed Pierer , but before that happens, Stefan will step forward: sell all its shares to Bajaj, and with the money you receive buy Husqvarna . The operation is done through the company Pierer, Cross Industries AG , and is this that becomes the owner of Husqvarna shortly.

Cross Industries AG is a conglomerate created by Pierer, which brings in its structure to 50.6% of KTM, the brand Pankl to mechanical components, Wethje signature of carbon fiber components, suspension WP and signing Kiska design . What can this mean? Well that KTM are no longer designed by Kiska and not equip more WP suspensions, that would work for Husqvarna.

The operation is to be announced shortly, so we must be vigilant.
    john01 and ray_ray like this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A spokesman for the finance department of KTM in Austria has just opposite Nieuwsmotor.nl reported that KTMabsolutely not engaged in talks about a possible takeover of Husqvarna. The KTM listed here may no ambiguity about the fact and therefore states firmly that the rumors are indeed rumors, that is not true. There is still a chance that Cross industires AG, the personal investment of KTM CEO Stefan Pierer still be in negotiations with BMW would be about the brand. This is then officially unrelated to the activities of KTM and therefore can not be answered by KTM. A spokesman for Cross could not answer our questions. If this method were the case, this would also mean that his Pierer probably his role at KTM would have to give and share it probably should sell.Currently Pierer together with the Indian Bajaj shareholder of KTM Power Sports AG.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  11. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)

I'm siding with "F yeah!"
    Ruffus and WVdag like this.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yeah this sounds great. He's selling his shares to make this happen? The. He is really serious. Sounds great
    ray_ray likes this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I feel a lot better today.

K
  14. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If that's true then I guess KTM will continue making overheating pogo-sticks.. Oh well :excuseme:
    Captnemo, john01, wallybean and 3 others like this.
  16. Bart Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TC450, 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TM Racing EN300 and EN450
    From the worst news, to some of the best, (I think...).
  17. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    You guys are bi-polar :-)

Dont forget that BMW brought an improved supply chain, great buyer financing, marketing skills, access to BMW technology....etc. We know nothing about what Pierer will bring to the party. Sure, he knows his way around the industry, but the devil is in the details.

STEFAN PIERER (CEO)

[IMG]
    First-time appointed: 31 May 2005 Appointed until 31 December 2016
    After graduating from the Montan University in Leoben, Austria (Business and Energy Management), Stefan Pierer started his career as sales assistant at HOVAL GmbH in Marchtrenk in 1982 and later on as sales manager for upper Austria and authorized signatory. In 1987, he founded the CROSS group in which he acts as shareholder and member of the Executive Board. He has been shareholder and member of the Executive Board of the KTM group since 1992. In February 2010 he became member of the Supervisory Board of CROSS Motorsport Systems AG (before he was member of the Management Board). Since August 2009 until December 2011 he was Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Peguform GmbH, Gemany.

Supervisory Board seats at listed and other companies
    Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Pankl Racing Systems AG
    Chairman of the Supervisory Board of BRAIN FORCE HOLDING AG
    Member of the Supervisory Board of SMP Deutschland GmbH (before:Peguform GmbH)
    JonXX and LandofMotards like this.
  18. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    OK, if the above posted is true (I hope it is), then it can only mean things will get better. I hope so, since I started riding Husqvarnas 2 short years ago I have tried my best to spread good word about them. Several folks I race with have converted over in the last year and are showing great potential and positive results for the brand. I don't want to jump ship, but I will stick to my guns and if ktm is involved in anyway I'll be spending my money elsewhere.
    Radbuster and ray_ray like this.
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    wowo ... what a change in the news ...
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I was thinking the same thing. If just flipped 180 in 24hrs. Rumors are fun.
    JonXX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.