KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

i think i am going to be sick... imagine another wait while they figure out the parts distribution... among other things. Went and looked at some of the new Beta's george has on hand. Very nice. who knows....
  2. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    I feel violated
  3. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    i think they may have mispelled the name of that new concept Steve McQueen lookin bike... dIQCXv-4.jpg
    Grandia likes this.
  4. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    crap photoshop...sorry haha
    Is it me or is that chain way too tight?
    steadydirt and bigjon like this.
  5. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    My two cents. I really think if this goes thru it can be a positive thing. If they buy husky, they are not going to sit on the fence. We might see minis back in the states, more race teams, more exposure and maybe a husky in supercross.

Let's see what the press release says.

Alot of us remember the days of no parts and where did alot of guys go? Ktm. Alot of those guys never came back.

They are going to want a ROI and gonna push for that. In my travels I stop at alot of dealers that carry husky. Alot of these have been added to Ktm showrooms. Some dealers have said that with adding Husky as another price point brand, they are selling tons of them. If someone is digging at your heals, you buy there market share. Have to think global now a days. Who knows, rumor has it that Husky is breaking out a line of new DI two strokes? Is this another heal dig?

Hopefully, we can get minis, a 200 two stroke, starter buttons, etc........

This deal didn't happen over night and bet it has been in works over a year.

Ktm is stepping things up all over and has for years they have Roger and are main player in SX.

I just see alot of opportunities, consolidated warehouses, increased dealer networking, design/sharing technology/ greater manufacturing of parts to keep unit costs down and profits up. Won't bother me to have a set of WP on a Husky. Never had a set of forks or shocks that didn't need resprung or revalved.

I may be wrong but at least Dirt Rider will give Husky a good review now.

Be good to see a 450 team added to the GNCC's. Might just put Ty back in the saddle out west as well!
    Xcuvator likes this.
  6. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Yeah, that Paris to Dakar was all paved :busted:

I just wish that BMW would have given the G450X and HSQ the same attention as the S1RR,....that has been a major success and still gaining ground.

And yes, purportedly Cross Industries is acquiring HSQ, which would help them gain more market share over Bajjaj Motors in one form or another.

My major concern is in how KTM treats their dealers from time to time, particularly when there is any overstock or poor sales times. BMW is much better in this regard and some of that principle trickled down into the HSQ distribution, albeit far from as refined. We passed on the opportunity to carry KTM a lil while back because of some practices I don't particularly agree with on the business side. Have owned and ridden my share of KTM's, but I love the TXC310R
    dartyppyt and water racer like this.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    That's a bike, that might not survive the transition....
  8. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think you're definately correct
  9. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    Bajaj are investors, the ones puting up the $$.
    I don't see Bajaj buying a company just to kill it and hope that KTM by their efforts can benefit from the kill. (KTM have not exactly demonstrated these skills anywhere either )
    It would be different if KTM were doing the buy on their own bat, but they are not.

I think Bajaj are investing in the Husqvarna brand here, in the same way that other Indian companies bought Jaguar, Landrover etc and strengthend those brands over quite a few years of ownership.

One thing an investor hates is loosing money.
    So I think they will tuck Husqvarna into their portfolio and make sure it generates money for them.
    Yes they will definitely try and get some synergies going between KTM and Husky.
    Hell, if Bajaj have any sense, they may even get the two companies to compete againt one another, keep them all on their toes that way.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  10. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    So maybe bajjaj/ cross industries buys Husqvarna and it is KTM that should be worried!

Maybe Husqvarna will be able to get serious about racing now?

Third possibility, Husaberg is being marketed as pure enduro, maybe they want HVA for dual sport or other market.
    Radbuster likes this.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    BMW has a long history of off road competition (John Penton rode enduros on a single cylinder BMW's in the early 1960's), but since the 1980's it's been Rally racing. BMW's decision to buy Husky is still not totally understood.... I thought it was mainly to add Husky's production numbers to their total, to stay ahead of KTM as the number one Euro bike producer. Then it seemed like a good place to use up contracted Kymco engine production and finish what they started with the G450X, but who really knows? Thats the problem... BMW doesn't know what it wants out of Husky anymore, as if they ever did.
  12. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Well what if you could buy parts from bikebandit.com like you can for ktm?

Maybe the husky North america contact us portion of the website will at least give an automated response and perhaps a real follow up

Maybe they will import the te125. Husky, yamaha, and fantic all make a bike based around the same engine and none will import here

Fran
  13. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    KTM! I WANT THE HUSKY MINI FOR GRANDKIDS!
    ARH likes this.
  14. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    how frustrating for Husky owners, I feel like a foster child with a bad habit.... just got used to this home and the routine...

I cringe to go to my next club meeting and seeing the ktm guys.... wow

either Husky is doing everything right or wrong to end up under Ktm's wing...not sure- no logic in my mind only emotion at this point.
  15. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    :cry: How long are we going to have to wait for official news? I've only been reading this thread one day and the anticipation is killing me.
  16. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Remember BMW bought Husky because in 2007, for the first time, BMW was not the earopean brand that sold the most units. Quick fix was to buy Husy and add 9000 units to its sales and get the crown back from KTM. Could this be the same pschycology but now by KTM?

Remember the LC4 KTM. Good motor but a boat anchor. They claim to buy Berg to jump start their racing 4 stroke model line and then after picking though it to get a competitive 4 stroke line and keep up with Husky and the rest of the Joneses, they shitcan the swedish slant motors. They also stated the 2 stroke bergs were introduced so the berg only dealers could offer a 2 stroke option. C mon...how many berg only delaers in world....please. This thing may unravel faster than the Axis Pact.

Berg and Husky....designers from Sweden.....build in Italy.....just dont make a Husky hard parts pacifier, toaster, baby bottle, or any of that orange bling crap and it will be ok.

The swedish purists wer having coronaries in 88 until they saw the Cagiva quality and engineering.....it will all pan out unless they are buying it out to kill it.
    steadydirt likes this.
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is all because Husky lost the "Godfather" of Husky Dealers......George come back....
    Kevin_TE250 and dave lindsey like this.
  18. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Im still PO'd about this. I hope it is some sick joke, if not I will say to all of you...thanks for all the help and hospitality. When a new bike finds its way under my butt, it will be a TM, Beta or GG. Such BS.
    Radbuster likes this.
  19. Bruce A Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250
    Hang on to your husky bikes. If they do kill the brand they will be collectors items.
  20. Highfive Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE390, BMW F800GS
    Depressing.....simply depressing news (potentially).

I test rode a Husaberg FE 70 degree motor and bought it on the spot! Greatest feeling bike I've ever ridden (FE390)....and I've rode a lot of them. Still is. Then KTM terminates the 70 degree....heck, kills the whole bike in reality.

I test rode a Husky Terra and bought it on the spot! It's was shockingly good....I didn't really expect that. AND it's still good....very very good. KTM will kill it...I feel it....just my luck.

These are the only two bikes I ever bought on the spot after a test ride. FWIW

Well, at least I have them....and will still be riding them for a long time.....I hope.

HF

P.s. this sucks.....just SUCKS!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.