KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    I share a lot of the same concerns as most people on here about KTM's aquisition of the brand i love, i have 9 of their bikes FFS!!
    People seem to be getting worked up over their own speculation and peoples posts about the death of Husqvarna and all the doom and gloom that comes with rumors and believing whats on the internet.
    At the moment we have no idea why BMW is selling and what KTM will do with Husqvarna if they do actually end up buying them.
    If and when the sale does go ahead, as it's not uncommon for these deals to fall through at the last minute over contractual disagreements, BMW will probably release a statement as to why they sold and KTM will release a statement as to why they bought Husqvarna and what they plan to with Husqvarna moving forward.
    Untill then i'm keeping a positive attitude towards it, and when i've read the statements i'll form an opinion based on facts from all parties involed.
    But i gotta admit this threads been dam good reading today!!
    rajobigguy likes this.
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    8 pages in 1 day... is that a record? I clicked on it, and saw it was 7 pages, thinking I came across an old revived thread. Not the case... I'm feeling a little sick to my stomach right now. I told my wife I just had a bomb dropped on me, and when I told her, she said "that was your bomb :rolleyes: That's nothing...."

I even wore my Husky Tshirt I got at the PNW husky gathering today... (BTW thanks WC for trading me shirts). The one I traded you would of been a BIT small on me...
  3. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I wonder if it has something do do with euro economy. My wife is a travel manager for global freight forwarder. She handles travel for sales reps and whatever the expectation is for travel a particular year usually matches spot on for growth expected in those economies.
    Us- mild growth in travel this year
    Far east up 5 percent this year
    Europe..the rumor is to slash travel 50 percent. Its like holy crap if thats true.
    steadydirt likes this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    We all expected bmw to bankroll the bikes to a higher standard and sell more machines and get the Husky brand again back as top-tier machine to the general public ... And that did not really happen as dirt bike sales numbers showed ... But bwm did get the Husky name out there to some level past what Cagiva had accomplished ...

--

I don't see ktm sitting on their hands with Husky as bmw did ... bmw just did not push the brand hard enough or fast enough for what ever reason they had ... Hind sight is much clearer that seeing the future ... Their time with Husky looks like a big joke now ... Good riddance of those suits and now on to a real dirt bike company that supports racing and their riders ... Sucks it it ktm but thats life ...
    john01, erigre and Xcuvator like this.
  5. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    Me thinks there's many more pages to come :busted: :popcorn:
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  6. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I just keep refreshing and viola there a new post on this thread!
  7. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You have to admit there is a strange serendipity about it all. John Penton wanted Husqvarna to build him motorcycles...when they would not he talked KTM into doing it. Also KTM North America's president is Jon Erik Burleson. Yea that Burleson..lets face it his dad was Husqvarna in the US for a very long time. Alot of Husqvarna's employee's came to KTM when Eletrolux sold them to the Italians. Mark " Blackwater" Hyde still works there. They guys in Sweden at Husaberg are working for what is the most part the original Husqvarna.
  8. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I think I see your point :) .... Husky is gonna step forward again with these guys ... I just hope the brand will be allowed to grow and not become a cloned version of the parent company ...
  10. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    KTM /KTM TEHNOLOGIES/PANZL /WP SUSPENSION/ All owned in most part by Cross Industries AG. So Ktm really doesn't own anybody including Husqvarna if any deal goes down they may really not have any part or control whatsoevr of Husky.
    ray_ray likes this.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here is the business side of the house ... Who know what bajaj has in mind ...

I think it would be very much a Bajaj driven purchase. The sale might be restricted in some way to EU member nation companies, if only in terms of ease of purchase. Bajaj being the Real money source, Not KTM.

EDIT: I gotta hedge that money source ... I've seen nothing on who holds the most shares in the ktm company and only remember a few yrs back that bajaj was trying to get the controlling interest in ktm because ktm was hurting for $ and needed investors ....
    BILLF likes this.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sweet!!! !!!

You gotta follow the $ to get a clear picture of what is happening ...
    Radbuster likes this.
  13. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    I can't stand KTM's mainly because They don't have that "special something" in the handling department, but frankly KTM has a lot more to offer Husky than BMW ever did. They MUST keep it an Italian bike. I certainly have more faith in Ktm's input, KTM who has won at the elite level in all forms of offroad racing. Bmw, who has won at nothing offroad and has always offered overengineered, yet seriously flawed and bizzarre machines has NOTHING I want in a dirtbike.

So let's wait and see, I won't be getting too jumpy. Kneejerk reactions are usually wrong.
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

IĀ“lljust hang on to my 630 .... and wait .....
  15. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Bajaj has 49%, But they want all of KTM or at minimum controlling interest, Which I feel is not good in the grand scheme of things.
  16. bud7041 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250
    Please hope this is some big joke.No ktm take over.
  17. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

i heard that at this very moment the worker's unions are protesting there... well, they always do...

baja currently own 47% of ktm. 51.5% of ktm is owned by "cross industries" (which is basically pierer and his friends), who also own wp and a few other companies.

[IMG]

r

edit: bytheway, i don't see why this sale would be "restricted" by e.u. laws, like someone posted on ktmtalk.
  18. Husky Doctor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510 '09 TC250 '04 TC450SM '06
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZX9R
    I choose to not belive till I hear it from Husqvarna or KTM themselves
    After all I dont see BMW selling somthing that works, its not the German way
  19. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    The all new 349 Freebase model.

Husqvarna, since 1903...Long live the King! KTM (possibly) buying Husky, it does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
    Lonfish, BILLF and pat ohara like this.
  20. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    My understanding as well...factory is sold out!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.