KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Kudos to the OP...:cheers:

Title right on the money...''KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?''

24 hours - 263 replies and a very roller coaster read.

This morning I'm thinking, 'Great... have a '12 and '13 TXC250 ...what's going to happen?''

This afternoon I'm thinking, 'Wonder if this guy's hiring, I want to be part of this!''

But actually, I guess we all already are.:thumbsup:
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I can't remember the time line, but BMW had plans for the whole Rover Group.... CEO or some top guy wanted to bring old British Marques like Riley and maybe even Wolseley back from the dead, along with Mini. He got the boot and when the dust cleared, only Mini made the cut and the rest got sold. I just realized MG is Chinese owned now.....
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    They make those Betas right near Husky in No. Italy.
  4. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    They have all vowed to drink the kool-aid at 10PM Eastern
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    http://www.supermoto-central.com/in...uying-husqvarna&catid=4:news-racing&Itemid=25

Stefan Pierer is the man....

“It’s not KTM that is buying Husqvarna, but KTM’s CEO and part-owner Stefan Pierer. He bought it with his ‘other’ company Pierer Industries AG. This is not connected to Cross AG, the owner company in which both Pierer and Bajaj hold shares. The next six months will be spent looking how Husqvarna can cooperate with KTM but a new model is already promised to revealed at the 2013 EICMA in november.”
    Nothing is 100% official yet but we will keep you updated on the details.
    Vinduro likes this.
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    http://www.nieuwsmotor.nl/motornieuw...r-van-ktm.html

Web translated:
    Like it was already whispered BMW do not sell engine rad its dochterbedrijf Husqvarna Motorcycles, however to KTM but to the personal company of its CEO Stefan Pierer, Pierer called Cross Industries AG. Which consequences this on Pierers role as CEO of KTM is still unclear and in the coming six times will be selected. It speaks for itself that also the European competition authorities will interfere itself, but also the chance is largely present that Pierer will lay down its function at KTM. For quite some time Pierer still the CEO of the Austrian engine company are, but a large part of the shares in this has been sold to the indian motorgigant Bajaj. Purchase of Husqvarna Pierer the possibility is able offer entirely with a clean slate to start again.
    The coming months will be examined or there some form of cooperation between Husqvarna and KTM possible is, now already a new model is in any case, however, announced that on the EICMA will already be shown 2013,

Vanmorgen we did not communicate all that KTM in the market were buy Husqvarna, this also a very logical step would not be. BMW ensures sale of Husqvarna considerable face loss. Het Duitse bedrijf pompte miljoenen in het Italiaanse Husqvarna, maar kon er nooit een succes van maken.

Onderstaand organogram is van Cross Industries BV, het bedrijf waarin Bajaj voor bijna de helft eigenaar is. Now if owner makes AG no component, called, of Husqvarna Pierer Industries.
  7. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    There are certain types of stress in life I can deal with, motorcycle stress is not one of them. Lol
    john01 and mnb like this.
  8. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    14 pages, 270 posts. I'm drained!
    After all that reading, I went from feeling dread to elation.
    I can't wait to see what happens by tomorrow morning.

p.s. Great thread! :)
  9. rxcrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    john01 likes this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey looks like I may get a new 2013 Husky TXC 310 ......if what I'm now reading is true :applause:.
  11. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    On a side note, I just read KTM will start producing 2 stroke 50cc step through mopeds, and they will be priced at $9500 USD, with the new company name (given their affection for acronyms) as BJ KTM, for Bajaj and KTM. They will be orange with pink highlights. The company motto is now "Ready to Pace".
    wallybean likes this.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Well then you will like this...

[IMG]

or maybe you prefer the "Penton" replica?

[IMG]

or depending on how this all unravels...

[IMG]

or...

[IMG]

Big bore scooter anyone...

[IMG]

Ok back to crying then cheering about Huskys...

_
    Lonfish likes this.
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm putting a deposit on the blue one :lol:.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Walt is already seeing how far the cylinder can be bored and you could have RB sleeve down a APT for you.
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
  16. SigPig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200&690
    I would totally rock that Penton.
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

SWEEET. low seat, automatic, grippy tires, and a WB big bore kit with APT what more could you want or need :banana:.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Seems to be breaking news...

Pierer buys Husqvarna: KTM is the market leader
    Only few days ago Stefan Pierer had presented the best result in the history of the Austrian motorcycle manufacturer. Now the 56-year Obersteirer provides again a coup for conversation.

Surprise
    The acquisition provides a surprise in the industry. BMW's motorcycle division had bought in the enduro sport successful manufacturer in 2007 to attract more young customers. But the plan did not work, sales of Husqvarna shrank. For years, traditional KTM and BMW a duel to become the market leader in Europe, with KTM was able to catch up until this year. With Husqvarna in portfolio KTM climb the throne now. 200 people assemble at Husqvarna in nearly 10,000 motorcycles.
    KTM went to the crisis-induced severe slump in the industry last again a brilliant result.
    Record
    The listed company increased 2012 sales by 32 percent to all-time high of 107,142 pieces, and sales rose 16 percent to more than EUR 610 million. Thanks to its Indian partner Bajaj (the automotive and bicycle manufacturer from Pune holds a 47-percent stake in KTM) put the off-road world leader in Mattighofen too powerful, especially in Asia. Bucking the industry trend, KTM has recently announced a further ten per cent growth in the current fiscal year.
    Vinduro likes this.
  19. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I'll take the red-headed twin! :lol:
    john01 likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    and...

In a German motorcycle magazine Internet is rumored that KTM has long negotiated with Bayern on taking over and the deal is close to completion. Indeed, but is likely not the Mattighofen motorcycle manufacturer KTM to be the buyer, but rather KTM boss Pierer Pierer himself wanted to leave on Wednesday at the request of OÖNachrichten no comment.

It would be far from the first change of ownership, to the Husqvarna motorcycle brand would experience in their 110-year history. This story started in 1903 when Husqvarna bikes were fitted a few months ago Harley-Davidson with 1.5 hp single-cylinder engines and reached a speed of 50 km / h. Relatively soon dedicated himself Husqvarna in motorsport.

Electrolux, Cagiva, Agusta

Electrolux in 1979, the industrial management. In the 1980s, the brand was sold to Italy. The Cagiva Group took over the reins in 1986 and was also responsible for the technological development.

From 1996, Husqvarna and Cagiva ran under the MV Agusta Group. It was produced and is in Varese (Italy).

When BMW got in 2007, the product range has been revised, the success in racing also turned back on.

The industry is meanwhile already puzzled as KTM and Husqvarna fit together, especially as part of the product range are very similar. But since the rumors first Pierer has no position at all, and secondly it is not clear whether and how the two brands will be positioned next to each other, this is temporarily anyway just speculation.

The KTM Group at least, has the majority of expected Stefan Pierer and one of 47 per cent of India's Bajaj Group, ultimately can sit up with significantly higher sales. At the final event of the stock market game in OÖN Raiffeisenlandesbank Pierer proudly reported that last year more KTM motorcycles were sold as BMW motorcycles. This growth was mainly achieved with low-volume models.

Increase in sales in 2012

As previously reported, KTM was able to increase sales in the previous year by 15 percent to more than EUR 610 million, while sales of motorcycles increased to more than 107,000 pieces. KTM employs 1700 people, of which 1300 in Mattighofen. The earnings figures will be published in April, they evolve according to CFO Viktor Sigl but "very encouraging". At mid-year, the numbers were still located below the levels of 2011.

Also read the comment " brand power "by Dietmar Mascher!

This is Husqvarna

72 world championship titles were won in the two-wheeled motorsport in the Husqvarna brand. The youngest two only recently.

110 years have passed since that Husqvarna bikes were equipped with 1.5 hp motors.

For six years, belonged to the Bavarian BMW Husqvarna Group. This took over the brand and production in Italy by Agusta MS. Reportedly brought the innovations carried out, especially since the reorganization of the product range, the Germans did not have the desired effect.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.