1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Living with a 2010 Husky TE 510!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by danbartol, Dec 7, 2009.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Glad you didn't give up on that 510. I love mine. Happy you got it sorted out.
  2. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

After getting everything sorted out I finally got to do a big ride on the bike. Did a full day of single track, two track and a bit of highway and the bike ran flawlessly.

It's good to have her back.
  3. crillyiv Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's great news. Here's hoping you've gotten the "interesting" part behind you. :cheers:
  4. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

I did re-install the PC-V + Autotune too!
  5. Squidman Husqvarna
    B Class

air Filter frame

Where can I get the air filter frame that was used to replace the stock (what is basically a restrictor plate) frame?
  6. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's part of the power-up kit that comes w/ the new bike.

You should get:

- O2 Plug
    - O2 Circuit shunt
    - Air filter basket
    - Manual on a flash drive

I forget what else, but those are the important ones.
  7. Squidman Husqvarna
    B Class

Funny, I got O2 plug, Circuit shunt and flash drive, not air filter basket, gonna go back to dealer to day to get it.
  8. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    I got everything except the USB manual! But they mailed it to me as soon as I called them about it. Oversight I am sure.
  9. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

End of Season Followup:

After a difficult and troubled beginning of season I finally managed to get the Husky all sorted out and running properly.

I've now been running the fully powered up Husky w/ the PC-V + Autotune for over a month and the bike has performed flawlessly. I'm not sure if I'm getting used to the vibes or if the motor is loosening up, but regardless the bike rips! :)

For the tighter stuff I run 13/47. This gearing works great and seems to be the ideal set up for this bike. I also run, on occasion, a 14 or 15 CS depending on the type of ride. Even w/ the highest gearing (15/47) I still feel the closeness of the gear ratio and often wish the bike had a wider gear set up, which would be ideal for the longer dual-sport rides.

I recently switched from the 8" TT Race light to the TT X2 DS light.

From this:
    [IMG]

to this:
    [IMG]

The reason for the swap was because although the light output of the 8" w/ and HID bulb in it is phenomenal, the light is a bit too big and bulky. You can actually feel the weight when maneuvering in the tight stuff.

The DS X2 puts out less light, but it is a very slim and lightweight headlight w/ a very good looking design. I set up the light so that the low beam stays on when the high beam is switched on in order to have a bit more light output.

The snow is now flying in Colorado so here are a few pictures of the last ride:

[IMG]

The X2 DS low beam has a really sharp cut off. So far it seems like a very well designed headlight. The 4" halogen high beam has a good light throw and does not leave me desiring more light. If I was racing I would go mack to the 8", but for trail riding it's the perfect compromise.

The bike is looking sharp:
    [IMG]

Me and the bike:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The next step is to get the 4 gal Safari Tank installed, but that will have to wait till Santa comes by at X-mas.

The only other issue I have had has been the frame rubbing the wiring harness which I have detailed here:

Coil Bracket Chafing Wiring Loom
  10. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

On a side note I have been using a Knobby Knife to keep the tire fresh and sharp.

The device is quite affordable and does a good job of trimming the knobs. Once it's heated up properly I can do the center row of knobs in about 15 minutes.

[IMG]

Knob Before:
    [IMG]

Knob after:
    [IMG]

I give it 2 thumbs up for ease of use and practicality.
  11. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh Yea!

Forgot to mention: 1700 miles and the valves have yet to move.

:applause:
  12. 66lightning Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey Dan I had the same problem with vibration on my 2010 TE450. I installed the Fast Flexx handlebars and it absolutely solved the vibration issue. Vibrates about as much as my old XR400R now!!
  13. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice.

Thansks for the info.
  14. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

15. GalacticGS Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Safari Tank looks great on that 510!

Nice...
  16. Delnari Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks so much for sharing your year long saga with us all! I had to read the entire script as I'm about to purchase an '09 TE 450 today and wanted to hear about your issues and resolves.

So I understand, you no longer have an overheating problem? I see you installed heavy duty hoses and fixed the engine starting problem, but you didn't mention whether the bike was running more normal temps now.

Tom
  17. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

The bike seems to be doing fine now, but it's winter and I have not had the chance to run some gnarly single track in 90 degree temps.
  18. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

At this point I'm convinced it was an improperly set-up PC-V that was causing issues.
  19. Delnari Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks! I took a leap of faith and bought the 09 TE 450 last night. The service shop reinstalled the turned signals and gave the bike a full inspection. Not so sure about their quality of work though. The turn signals were mounted upside down on the front and the rear wiring was just hanging and the rubber goumnet was not inserted back into the tail light assembly. This same shop did the power-up on the bike when purchased new but didn't remove the O2 sensor or install the resistor plug; maybe they told the owner wait until the 6 month warranty was over before having his done.

Should I just go ahead and do the resistor plug install myself? Does the dealer need to plug it into the iBeat after the install for tuning?

Tom
  20. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Go ahead and do the full power-up, that is how the bike was designed to work. No need to run Ibeat unless the stock settings are way off.

Have fun!