My EJK chronicle

Discussion in 'TR650' started by V8Astro, Jul 23, 2014.

1. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    This is not the case, the settings work in every conditions. Today I spent 5 hours riding from sea to high attitude, with temperatures of 30C° and cooler 20C°, and the EJK was perfect, at least for me.
  2. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR

Good to hear. I guess I'll start with your settings and see how it goes.
    Thanks.
  3. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    I set mine to 7.5/ 5.5/ 4 / 1 / 2 / 3, and it was ok- not great. It stalled once and still had a little off-idle stumble. It's a little better than stock, but I was hoping it would be great. This is a bit of a bummer, because I've only owned 2 FI bikes (Triumph Scrambler and TE610) and they were both spot-on from the factory. I never had to think about fueling on either of those.
  4. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Broadwayron what mods do you have on your bike?
  5. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR

Only one that should affect the engine... Pod mod.
  6. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    Just to be 100% clear, have you disconnected the lambda?
  7. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR

Yes, I taped off both sides. The controller is definitely "working"... it runs differently, and it is noticeable. The stumbles were not as frequent, and it was easier to recover from the stumble than before. However, I was just expecting the stumble to be gone. And, I was hoping for more power... not that I need it, but from what I read, I was expecting it. I think the bottom of the powerband (low rpms) is even softer now.
  8. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)

My mechanical engineer son calculated the surface area of the OEM filter vs the POD filter and they were nearly the same with the POD filter providing just a few square inches more on the POD filter.
  9. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    W. Ferrari,

Is your lambda connected?
  10. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    It's disconnected from day one. I have to point out that I performed a TPS reset before disconnecting the lambda and installing the EJK.
  11. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    I switched the first setting from 7.5 to 6.5... it's a little better. But, it still stalled on me a couple times today.
  12. Craig Hashey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1984 Harley FXWG, 2003 Harley FLSTS
  13. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    Follow-up... after riding all day yesterday and today, I'm leaving my settings at 6.5/ 5.5/ 4 / 1 / 2 / 3. It only stalled once, and hesitated once (maybe twice). I can live with that.
  14. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Update:

Dillon from Dobeck contacted me today, they have a new EJK unit specifically for the Husky and have a few people testing it, at least one is on this forum.
    He is after other riders to test the unit and provide feedback to them, unfortunately I am too far away to be of any use because if the unit is not quite right and needs re flashing it will have to be sent back to the America at a cost/time.

If anyone in the States is interested in the EJK and wants to try the new unit I would suggest contacting Dillon at Dobeck.
  15. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    Geeza.

I just sent Dillon an email. Since I have the ability to log AFR/Lambda information with my LC2, It would be interesting to see what the EJK is really doing.
    spiderman likes this.
  16. Nick780 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Suzuki GS400E
    Just had a quick back and forth with Dillon over email. Nice and easy.
    He says they should have their parameters dialed in in a few weeks. He provided me with a RMA for the EJK I purchased in Aug. that I'll mail in (not sure if they're replacing or re-flashing) and I'll get the TR setup for free. Decent.
    Geeza likes this.
  17. dmw_az Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    500hp Dodge SRT4
    My TR650-specific EJK arrived yesterday. I am also going to provide feedback to Dillon @ Dobeck for a reduced rate on the unit. Tomorrow's my B-day, so I'm taking the day off to install the EJK, do the first oil change, and install my Rox risers. :cheers:

EJK.jpg
    Motosportz, wferrari, PaulC and 2 others like this.
  18. Craig Hashey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1984 Harley FXWG, 2003 Harley FLSTS
    I just sent an email to Dobeck letting them know how the controller they sent me is working. I'm still running the controller they way they sent it and the bike is running great. All of the stalling and stumbling issues are gone. I can cold fire the bike and ride away without issue. The 3000 - 3500 rpm stumble is gone. There is power on hand whenever I twist the throttle. The bike pulls like a freight train even if you grab a hand full at 80 mph and just keeps pulling. Before I got the controller I was averaging 63 mpg to and from work. That has dropped to 60 mpg. The only issue to report was if I go into hard acceleration then back off the throttle partially the bike will start to stumble until I take the throttle back to zero for a few seconds then throttle back up to cruising speed. I'll see what they say.
    PaulC and V8Astro like this.
  19. V8Astro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Strada / 2008 SMR510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS500, Yamaha TR125L
    Hey everybody thanks for keeping this thread going! Good news about the update. I lost track of things (got a newnjob and shopping for a house).
    PaulC likes this.
  20. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    Just out of curiosity, could you write down the stock settings of your EJK?
    V8Astro likes this.