PC V with Auto Tune = Holy Grail. for the 2008 & 2009 Husqvarna EFI bikes

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Coffee, Sep 2, 2009.

1. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

If the Auto-tune module has power, the most common problem is that the CAN BUS termination plug is not installed on the unused CAN BUS port of the auto-tune module. Many time the rubber boot connector cover gets installed with the thought of sealing dirt & water. You need the termination plug installed!
  2. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

One way to do the TPS cal; with the bike in neutral, slowly rotate the kick starter while performing the calibration. When the ECU detects any pulses from the crank position sensor, it activates the ignition power relay.
  3. Tee-Dub Husqvarna
    C Class

No kick starter on my bike. I re-set it just doing a quick spin to full throttle and it seemed to work fine.
  4. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

CAN plug is in?
  5. jwoelbing Husqvarna
    A Class

What do you adjust your base map cells to in the 0% and 2% columns? What AFR do you run for power? What AFR do you run for milage?
  6. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's been awhile since I looked at those values, but the adjustments were made while watching the real-time AFR value and making adjustment to get near 13.2-13.5. It's only going to be the first few cells in those columns since the RPM's won't very high for 0 & 2%. Any of the higher RPM's in lower throttle position will be during rapid deceleration. That where you can adjust for deceleration popping.
    I have the AFR table loaded with 13.2 for the power map and 14.4 for better MPG.
  7. ozi Husqvarna

I noticed some 0 squares in fuel table at low rpm and i noticed afr is pretty fat at low rpm. Is there a reason for 0 squares or should i add 13,2 afr to them? I feel some stuttering 3000-3750.

Edit: no adjustment for 0 cells ok. How much i should take fuel out then ?
  8. Tee-Dub Husqvarna
    C Class

My bike is in "power up" mode and my dealer added about 15% at all 3 stock settings with the i-beat before I picked up the bike to go with the FMF pipe we did. Mine was idling so rich that I put in -17's down the 0 throttle category for the idle range of 1600-2000 rpm and it helped a lot. It starts better and doesn't die out nearly as much when blipping the throttle or coming down from high revs. My autotune is still trying to remove fuel at the 10% range though and I don't like it. Its down to -20 in a couple cells and I'm feeling some surging at cruise throttle inputs and 5-6k rpm. I may just keep riding it and see how it wants to adjust. If I don't like it I may add more fuel back in and disable the autotune from the 10% column too.
  9. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

this is why a power commander with auto tune is a problem get rid of you auto tune and all will be good
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Ummm... the cells are like an excel spread sheet with rpm on one axis and throttle opening on the other axis. 0 in a cell means the Power Commander is not adding or subtracting anything. -10 takes 10% of the injector pulse width out at a particular cell, +10 adds 10% injector pulse width at a particular cell.

13.2 afr is what you would put in as a target afr for the autotuner module.
    The system is fairly flexible, you can manually adjust the cells to your liking but if the autotuner is on and enabled those cells would be subject to change. But I believe that the autotuner is either on or off, and could not just disable it for one particular throttle opening.

Keep in mind that while the auto tuner is really nice, it is not perfect and all sorts of things will cause it to not work perfectly.
    Much can be learned with an autotune module.
  11. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any chance you can get the bike connected to iBeat and reset the CO values back to 100%? I theory PCV should be able to offset the extra fuel, but there may be some real world issues that creates some odd behaviors.

When you say "-20%" are combine both values in the trim and base map?

I have found that the AT works great for creating a good base map, but can sometimes get confused under certain aggressive riding. I prefer to disable or remove the AT after you have a good base map. The "0" AFR values in the 0 & 2% is because AT can have problems getting solid AFR reading at low exhaust flows. The cells are better adjusted by manual enter values in the base map.

Also don't always assume all issue are from the PCV, it could be something a simple as a bad spark plug.
  12. Tee-Dub Husqvarna
    C Class

You can go into the trim settings and set zeros to what ever throttle position you want and the autotune wont affect that column.
    The nearest dealer for me is a 2 hour round trip. The -20% is the total fuel its removing at a few rpm ranges for 10% throttle. That is after adding in the autotune trim from my last ride to what the base map was already taking out. I would like to get a good map set up, then remove the autotune module. While it is fun to play around with, I've debated on taking the bike to a shop with a dyno and just getting a custom map made. I will say, the bike seems to have great power when I'm hard on the gas, it just seems to be hunting around a little when cruising along at a steady speed/rpm.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Interesting! I did not know that..

It has been a while since I've worked on an efi bike or autotune.. perhaps something in the newer models?
  14. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe you meant to say that you can enter zeros into any throttle%/RPM cells in the AFR table and autotune will be disabled for those cells. If want to disable atuotune for a particular throttle percentage, you need to enter zero's in the whole column in the AFR table. This is what the default AFR map has in the 0% & 2% columns.

You can also override any of cells in the trim map by manually entering values and sending the table to the PCV. This change would continue to be modified if the corresponding cell in the AFR table is greater than zero.
  15. Tee-Dub Husqvarna
    C Class

Yes, that is what I was trying to say.
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ummm....

I've been telling people to simply set the pcv map to all zeros and letting the autotune do its magic.. is that reasonable advice? I believe so.. but want to be sure.
  17. Tee-Dub Husqvarna
    C Class

You could, it would just possibly take longer to get the end result. I started with the base map the PCV comes with for the 510.
  18. wilmar13 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350S
    Other Motorcycles:
    1190R
    Set the Autotune table to zero for 0-5% colums... it leans it out to the max for all of these values and makes the bike run hot.

I went in to my fuel map and added fuel across the board for 0% and 2% and left the stock mapping for 5%... runs great, I can pull the front up with throttle only in 3rd with 16/41(tall) gearing because it is so snappy. I added fuel at idle and off idle so it runs cooler at a traffic light only.
  19. wilmar13 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350S
    Other Motorcycles:
    1190R
    Is it the delay before autotune kicks in? There is a setting where you can ignore values for a fixed time (to allow for warm up, etc.). I forgot about this and plugged in to mine last night for the first time in many months, saw 9.99 for the longest time and was all pissed off it wasn't working... then it finally started to kick out #'s after I was messing with the wiring. Turned it off and it did the same thing upon startup, then I remembered the delay. I had mine to 60 seconds, which is a long time if you think it should work right away. [IMG]
  20. wilmar13 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350S
    Other Motorcycles:
    1190R
    Has anyone tried the LCD unit? Looks to be a better way to go than strapping a notebook to your handlebars (danbartol ;) ) and for the Husky would be like a new display.

I have a PCIII on my Aprilia SXV and if it is compatible with both the PCV and the PCIII I will buy one to use on both bikes. I can get a wideband O2 and do my own tuning with the display, but they have a different model listed for the PCIII and PCV... if one LCD unit could be used on both bikes I can justify the $$ to myself, but if it requires one for each then I won't.... any ideas or experience?

Edit: I'm referring to this:
    http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Products/LCDUnit/powercommander_lcd.aspx
    [IMG]
    [IMG]